Thread: New Windfury

10+ Year Old Account

New Windfury

I saw this blue post alittle while ago, and really just thought nothing of it. I started thinking though, if Windfury will be only able to be put on one weapon, and they remove internal CD, would that not cause 2h enhancement to be once again, OP in BG's/Arena?\
    They stated this "Restrict DW to Enhancement only" which means enhance will still be the only ones able to DW, but they are currently still able to use 2handers. This is not a nostalgic bring back 2h enhancement thread, just a curious shaman wondering if blizzard is possibly bringing back a once OP but fun spec from pre BC
    I cannot link but here is the post

"Enchants are technically really complicated spells in WoW, so what we want to do and what we can do aren't always aligned without investing sometimes weeks of programmer time. I say that by way of heavy caveats, because none of this may actually come to pass.

However, what we'd like to do is: A) Restrict DW to Enhancement only, B) Restrict shaman weapon enchants to being unique (meaning no WF / WF or FT / FT), and C) Remove the internal cooldown on Windfury, since once you can only have one, the proc rate won't be a balance problem." - Ghostcrawler

they just wanted to get you hyped for cata, nothing was done unfortunately
    exactly like lavaburst

its kinda late for such changes imo, but u can always hope =)

Remove the internal CD, pleasssse T_T

Blizzard COULD just let shaman start off d/w and put the kabasch on them even able to use 2h maces/axes.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by guser View Post
    they just wanted to get you hyped for cata, nothing was done unfortunately
    exactly like lavaburst

its kinda late for such changes imo, but u can always hope =)
    Removal of WF ICD: Still a Dream
    LvB on MW: Still a Dream
    Searing Totem Being Fun and Useful: Still a Dream

If they would at least LOWER the ICD to around ~1.6s i think that it could revive 2h enhance PvP: UE haste would bring the swing timer down enough that with flurry, could get a proc per swing basis, but its still chance so good luck. Also would ensure daggers never get any viability since they are not that slow and even tho ones that are would require absolutely no haste from anything.

Base UE Flurry WF Proc / Buffs
    3.5 * .8 * .75 * .9 = 1.89
    Last edited by Ciege2; 2010-10-01 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciege2 View Post
    Removal of WF ICD: Still a Dream
    LvB on MW: Still a Dream
    Searing Totem Being Fun and Useful: Still a Dream

Enjoy :-)
    well, we get new icons for our spells every YEAR! It's too much for blizzard.

Classic enhancement wasn't "op" persay. Shamans weren't the only class that could one shot people. Warlocks, mages, and hunters were all easily capible of it and shadow priests were infamous as "face melters".

One shotting someone as a enh shaman took some rather crazy luck in classic.

But I do say I love the proposal of removing the icd on WF and making it useable on only one weapon for pve. However they aren't going to put any effort into making 2h viable, they won't even put effort into putting shaman on par with other classes in pve OR pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    One shotting someone as a enh shaman took some rather crazy luck in classic.
    I played around with this in BC, yeah after the addition of the ICD, WF proc + double crit on a VERY SLOW 2h weapon were rare before you were a dead shaman, but they were fun to see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz770 View Post
    Remove the internal CD, pleasssse T_T
    Why? So they can make everything else hit like wet paper to balance it out? :P
    The internal cd is there for a reason, silly burst was silly. And when silly burst was not being silly you hit nothing.

They won't do it, ever since they announced it I didn't get my hopes up, because I knew they wouldn't go through with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking, how sweet would it be if WF could proc off WF?
    "The truth, my goal."

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just lower the stupid cooldown already.

It's a core mechanic of Enhancement, but just feels like it's more or less something to have a chance to have an extra chance to proc maelstrom weapon.

I don't like it anymore ;(
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

I agree that they should leave the ICD implemented. However, I definitely feel they should allow it to lower with haste. It wouldn't even be that game changing. Say you were sitting at 40% haste; it would lower the ICD to 1.8 seconds. It's one of those things that if people stacked haste and nothing else just to lower the ICD, they'd lose out on a ton of other damage because of it. However, it allows for some nice scaling (outside of the current scaling).