Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    frost since release, into cataclysm too i imagine.

Same I levelled to around 60 as blood, then tried unholy for about 5 levels, then researched a bit about frost and I've been frost ever since, not in pvp off course as its not really viable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Going to be going 2H frost this expansion because I don't like sitting around waiting for runes.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Been playing DK since January 2009....No other class compares to me <3

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    Well generally as the title says, any of us old veteran deathknights that have kept strong and played a deathknight through every nerf?
    Is there such a thing as veteran DKs?

Played Blood in Wotlk Beta when DKs qhere gods, since then I just have a lv 80 Blood DK, but not an expert.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played mine up until ToC and went back to my shaman. The nonstop nerfs got too annoying. As for Cata, I'm not too hyped for the new changes. Still deciding if I wanna play it or not.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    any of us old veteran deathknights
    NOT POSSIBLE!
    "Veteran DeathKnights."
    HAH! You're not even an expansion old!

I've been playing my DK since the first day of WotLK, and will continue playing him in Cata.

R.I.P. Shadow of Death <3.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

there's no such thing

Deleted
    I have been Death knight tanking since naxx. I always went back as blood, altho the most fun part was in the start when DK's were just faceroll overpowered en raids aswell as in pvp. even one like me could just go in and faceroll 2 of another class.. When you could ress allie as goul in arena aswell.. haha

I am really thrilled about the changes in cataclysm. small shield when getting healed by death strike and boneshield cooldown.. 20% dmg reduction for 3 hits. could save your life ones in a while. Also the fact that we will get an attack to absorb healing

32/39 was the reason I made a Death Knight, and I still miss it.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Deleted
    "oldtimer" and "deathknight" shouldnt be used in 1 sentence really

I have my DK shelved for now, shelved him during the day of OPness as i was tbh bored with him :S Who knows, if they screw lock a lot i might take him again.

Deleted
    Been playing DK since like 20th November 2008, rerolled after I got my Paladin to 80 and Ret was still shit. Nerfs never really bothered me, we've always been good DPS and most of the changers were PvP related, and I'm not a PvP'er(Only one that really bothered me was Shadow of Death being removed, it was loads of fun ). Not sure if I'll keep playing him in Cata, not a fan of the new Rune System (or the old one really, but lesser of two evils.) If I do, it'll probably be as tank.

i preffered 50/21. i bounced between 32/39 and 50/21, but preffered the latter. i did about the same damage with both as well. Frost has gotten worse and worse with each major patch though cata looks like its coming closer to the old "death frost" spec, though not with the IT machine gun :<. though omg frost is horrible to play, watching diseases, KM and rime procs, and RE. RE is from what ive played of it on PTR, very clunky, and without interface addons i can't see that being playable. Runic corruption looks better, but Unholy presence is too fast for me
    Favourite part of wow as a dk? ulduar, no contest. the place was freaking awesome, and 2h frost wasn't that different from deathfrost spec.

Deleted
    I have also played Death Knight as my main since day one. I really miss solid shadow damage Scourge Strike, but I understand why it had to be changed. Used to play Frost/Impurity spec during Naxxramas, Blood in Ulduar and since ToC I've been Unholy. I don't know how many remember, but Bone Shield used to reduce incoming damage by 40 %, it was atleast usable by then, but now it's just silly pre-combat buff that fades within 10 seconds when you enter battle.

E: I hated Shadow of Death guts. I am glad it was removed. (NO REPAIRS LOL!)

15+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight since day 1! Oh yeah! I swapped Death Knights at one point though so I went from my dwarf and rerolled a blood elf. Was quite a fun experience leveling twice, but the best experience must have been being one of the 4 very first death knights to come out of the starting zone on Alliance side on my old realm. Good times...

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    Played my DK since 3 months after release, and not planning to reroll anytime soon. The rune system is different, some like it, some don't, I don't really care too much, as long as it's not utterly broken. ATM I had no problems tanking on the PTR with the current unfinished talents and skills, so I guess I'll stay tank through Cata. If Blizz doesn't make tanking enjoyable again (FYI: having periods of a few seconds where you can only auto attack = not fun, and in Cata we're gonna loose a lot of avoidance, so less rune strikes for us) then I'll just go Unholy, because its playstyle and rotation is fun to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Echoes View Post
    The changes annoy me. They want us to have "free" GCD's but.. I DONT WANT ANY FREE GCDS! I like how interactive it is to play a DK, having to constantly use abilities.
    I agree with this one. I don't empty spaces where I have to wait 2-3 seconds for a button to light up. That's boring game play and in fact, having gone to the warrior side think that's a class that could use some tweaking in this section tbh, more than the DK. Not major ones, just take certain things off GCD like shouts that you need to reapply throughout the fight and it's solved. Otherwise I love the warrior's way of engaging in the fights, a major reason why I'm making him my main in Cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    We haven't ever had more health than any other tank but apart from during t9 and early t10 dk tanks have been quite a bit too good.

So we did?

I have been playing since early LK beta and will continue to play it as my main.