Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Those keep whining who want SB back in affli PLEASE stop ruining our class!!! I feel id like to be able to delete those posts so noone reads them and take them as feedback!!! Your arguments are FAILS! Demo can use shadowbolt. Dont say that as an argument that affli can use it too. Demo might be about demon dmg but come on it couldnt be working like "send your demon and he will do 80% of your dmg". Demo is a mix of everything. He can use all spells. ALL talents and mastery in affliction is FOR drain life. HOW can some people say that in this way they feel like Shadow Priests? THATS insane how much u insist in ruining the spec. I also raided in ptr as afflictions and is freakin awsome. 12k on 10man marrowgar without icc buff. the spec has Incredibly fun gameplay as it is now and it has nothing to do with Spriest. ONE spell change is able to decide if we are priests or not? We have dots like them and only because the filler changes we suddenly become priests? Be serious please, im just afraid bliz may read your posts and take them seriously into consideration. It should be we have to state how old we are, what have we achieved in game and then say our opinion really. In fact it is shadow priests who should care if they are like us cause WE are the master shadow and debuffer class. There are many differencies between the specs. They got apparitions they got orbs (OMG they are like shamans NOW...)m we got soul swap that is a very fun mechanic to use in raids etc. We got pet. now ONLY because ONE filler changes to the good, to a spell that actually benefits from the tree and doesnt ask you to spend 39237 talents more ONLY for 1 filler, how can that make some guys WHINE that we becaome shadow priests?? we were always better than priests and will continue being better in cata. Better and different. We are pure they are hybrids most specialized in healing and bliz gave em one spec so they can farm and so they can do some dmg in raid when they are bored of healing. Wake up plz DONT ruin our spec now that it has entered the correct path of developing.

(ps: and YES SB may apply 2 debuffs which will be well applied even with DL as filler cause of the thousands instant SB procs that DL+corr glyph bring. People who havent seen beta or ptr write in these forums and in every forums. Only judging from things they read or heard from others. GO in, PLAY the spec and SEE it pwns as it is and ATM its SO correct and so everything based in a logic).
    Last edited by mmoc5a79750b1d; 2010-10-03 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallon View Post
    Those keep whining who want SB back in affli PLEASE stop ruining our class!!!

... wall of text...
    You missed the point. Blizzard's stated intent is, was, and has been for some time for Shadow Bolt to be the filler for Affliction. There are a number of blue posts on the subject, any change on the PTR or Beta servers is an aberation brought about by unfinished numbers. Note how both Shadow Bolt and Incinerate are massively underperforming compared to DL and Searing Pain respectively; the latter are clearly being worked on for mechanics (healing and utility) whereas the basic nukes are just there they don't need work, just number balancing and Blizzard are not concerned with that at the moment.

I'm not demanding anything. Yes, I prefer SB as my Affliction filler. But still, I am just stating the fact as our current information from the developers stand; any deviation from that is actually demanding change. Don't be upset when they get round to balancing those numbers and SB is better; because they've said all along that's what they want.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2010-10-03 at 11:38 PM.

Deleted
    SB and incinerate dmg may be low compared to other classes DD spells BUT demo and destro who mainly use them atm do competitive if not better overall dmg than other classes. Which means they make up the lost dmg from DD with other spells and abilities. SO as far as I see demo and destro dmg being really good, I would more wait for a nerf to DL dmg if it was to make SB the filler for affliction, than boosting SB or incinerates dmg. As long as many changes to warlock came in other spells and DL isnt yet touched, the longer it remains untouched the more it feels like its gonna be permanent at least till talents go live even before cata.

And even if blizz wants SB as filler, we can all "whine" we want DL. At least DONT whine that we want SB as filler.
    Also i wonder why DL went to a 3sec and less (with much haste) rapid channelling spell with far greated dmg than what it heals for.. Didnt we say blizz wants SB as filler.. .... or not?
    Last edited by mmoc5a79750b1d; 2010-10-03 at 11:42 PM.

And even if blizz wants SB as filler, we can all "whine" we want DL. At least DONT whine that we want SB as filler.
    Also i wonder why DL went to a 3sec and less (with much haste) rapid channelling spell with far greated dmg than what it heals for.. Didnt we say blizz wants SB as filler.. .... or not?
    Umm, most of us WANT sb as the filler spell, because we arnt spreists and we don't want to have to deal with the crappyness that channle spells like mind flay deal with. Hell most of the new lock who come from spreist leave because of mind flay.

Deleted
    next time read all my post and not only the first or the last few lines. channeling in a raid isnt crappy at all. casting a LONG cast to hit an add and meanwhile others killing it before your first SB is launched IS crappy on the other hand. ALso crappy is to have so many affliction talents and mastery wasted cause in the end you use a filler from another "planet".

I'd be more inclined to say SB should have a dot componet if locks did not have shadow's embrace. Till then, it would only further the ramp up time for aff dps. Considering the fact SB is affs only "real" burst, i disapprove.TBH, SB feels more like an Aff spell than other tree. This was not always the case but has become so for the better.

Though, if SB did get a dot component (and i say this without shadows embrace) id like to see something more interesting than a plain dot. Maybe some effect like the dot has a somewhat long duration and each additional SB eats that time time and does damage. So for example, SB applies a dot that does "X" damage over "60" secs. Each sb will do 10secs worth of damage and remove 10 secs from dots duration.
    A long weak dot leaves little need for nerfed sb damage and consecutive SB will be a tad better.

next time read all my post and not only the first or the last few lines. channeling in a raid isnt crappy at all. casting a LONG cast to hit an add and meanwhile others killing it before your first SB is launched IS crappy on the other hand. ALso crappy is to have so many affliction talents and mastery wasted cause in the end you use a filler from another "planet".
    You saying Shadow bolt has a "LONG" cast time makes me think you have low haste, which makes me think you have bad gear. And you seem to be forgetting that one reason Drain Life does such good dps atm is because of Soul Siphon, which i'm sure you're going to have time to put all those dots up to max the damage if you cannot even fit in a Shadowbolt. Soul Swap won't always be off cooldown. Shadowbolt as the filler is what they still intend for affliction and from what I've seen in forums, my server, etc most locks want to keep it that way (I am aware this is anecdotal).

Mastery affecting all Shadow damage can easily solve this, and perhaps lowering Drain life damage but keeping it high enough to be used in raids for certain situations without completely ruining your dps.
    Last edited by Loveletters; 2010-10-04 at 12:43 AM.

Deleted
    You can always see me in armory same name as i use in mmo forums. Dont you think a shadow priest can beat an affliction on ADDS dmg in saurfang ANY day? Or on Marrowgar spikes? You think i have no gear. YOu can check my gear and my experience in armory and i think you have no experience or if you have you just dont think much before you write.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post
    I'd be more inclined to say SB should have a dot componet if locks did not have shadow's embrace. Till then, it would only further the ramp up time for aff dps. Considering the fact SB is affs only "real" burst, i disapprove.TBH, SB feels more like an Aff spell than other tree. This was not always the case but has become so for the better.

Though, if SB did get a dot component (and i say this without shadows embrace) id like to see something more interesting than a plain dot. Maybe some effect like the dot has a somewhat long duration and each additional SB eats that time time and does damage. So for example, SB applies a dot that does "X" damage over "60" secs. Each sb will do 10secs worth of damage and remove 10 secs from dots duration.
    A long weak dot leaves little need for nerfed sb damage and consecutive SB will be a tad better.
    My thing with that is it would not up ramp up time at all really. Now there would be some cases(such as marrow spikes) but then you would use drain life(which would be more burst). As to any other time, all fights as afflicton last more then 6 seconds, so you owuld still do the same damage overall.(also look eairlier in post this is the second or third time I have said something about the fact that a short 6 second dot would not up ramp up time).

ALso your dot idea is better, but I am following the kiss rule here(kiss= Keep It Simple Stupid).

---------- Post added 2010-10-04 at 12:55 AM ----------

afflicton is not spreist, we dont't want a channle spell, and most people who play affliction agree with that, deal.

We read, we /pointed and we /laughed.
    You immediately accused us of whining and not reading your post, which is ironic considering your inability read several blue posts stating why shadowbolt is the intended filler and the justfications behind it.
    Numbers are screwed up, yet that is being used by most as the sole justification for a change in the rotation which blizzard had specifically stated was not on the cards for affliction, not least because they liked the playstyle being different from a shadow priest, and had no intention of turning us into one.

DoT and Channel, whether it be a nuke or a drain is still DoT and Channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe make it so that when you select Affliction as your main spec when you choose at 10 or whatever that damage done by Shadow-bolt is increased by X amount for however many dots applied by you on a target. Call it like Afflicting Bane or something. Just rambling don't mind me. I like Shadow-bolt as an affliction filler. Drain Life seems too much like Shadow Priest to me.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Deleted
    Shadow Bolt should benefit from Mastery as Affliction. That's all.

Going to post several warlock questions, including this one on the wow eu forums, where I can but hope to get a decent response.
    Not least to resolve this issue once and for all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Oh come on, increases DoT damage is "interesting"?
    more so then straight +shadow dmg :P

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Going to post several warlock questions, including this one on the wow eu forums, where I can but hope to get a decent response.
    Not least to resolve this issue once and for all.
    Im might actually do the same on wow forms to. Ill also see if I can get my friend to put this and the new soulburn ideas up on beta form

Quote Originally Posted by Daggy1111 View Post
    Im might actually do the same on wow forms to. Ill also see if I can get my friend to put this and the new soulburn ideas up on beta form
    Try if you can the US forums, since the EU forms are a dead end.
    Plenty of views, but other threads are getting all the attention.
    Seems you only get interest if you are complaining about something, not asking good questions.

I just want to be overpowered, is that too much to ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by Daggy1111 View Post
    SO I was reading one of those is Drain Life=Mind flay post, and they actually brought up a good point. Shadow Bolt really dosn't feel like it is a good affliction filler. Now Mind you i am not saying they should make Drain Life the filler, as that would make locks basicly spreists, but rather that they should change Shadow Bolt slightly. My Idea is pretty simple, rather then have Shadow Bolt deal inital damage like it dose now(cast the spell and damage happens),why not make it so that Shadow Bolt deals its damage like a dot. Basicly if you cast the spell, when it hits it adds a dot that deals the same damage, but over like 6 seconds. This way shadow bolt would benifit from afflictons mastery, SE, and Haunt. One thing about it though is that an effect like this would have to stack like ignite, which again is not a realy problem. It would be pretty easy to implament, and as burst damage is almost a non point in 85 pvp, it would have little effect on afflicton pvp.
    The biggest problem with this in a pve setting is that when adds need to die burst is king. The problem with afflic is burst that's why soul swap was created to help afflic locks not use so many GCDs to dot up an add, but use those gcds for sb instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    The biggest problem with this in a pve setting is that when adds need to die burst is king. The problem with afflic is burst that's why soul swap was created to help afflic locks not use so many GCDs to dot up an add, but use those gcds for sb instead.
    Thing is with that is this change still lets you do burst damage with drain life. One of the big reasons for this is to fix the poor scaling that afflicton has had for awhile. The other reason though is so drain life can stay in its currant buffed state, have a purpose, and when we need to use it we don't suffer a huge dps lose. Just by changing sb into a dot you can accomplish all of that.

Affliction's poor scaling always had to do with dots not benefiting from haste/crit (and to a lesser extent not being able to reach ruin and haunt in bc). With WotLK most of those were addressed, and now in Cata the rest have been.

It is hard to argue that like +60% dot damage + mastery (and 18% more for the drains) is actually good though. It is way overboard, and way too back loaded.