Thread: Shen'dralar?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy Shen'dralar?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mer&cn=Sukramo, this is my main

I love grinding reps in this game. Currently I sit at 48 exalted factions. Serveral months ago i decided that i would spend the better part of the summer trying to get "the insane" achivement.
    I grinded for serveral hours every day and eventually I hit exalted with all four goblins, Ravenholdt and i was honored with the pirates and i do belive it counts.
    However, the real P.I.T.A was Shen'dralar. The price for Pristine Black diamonds on my server are on an average of 500g a piece and librams are at 150g. Despite these awful conditions i grinded about 800g a day during a few months. In the end i managed to get some cheap mats and on averagei payed 400g a dimond and about 70g a Libram.

Farming Blood of heroes (easy and relaxing), Frayed abomination Stitchlings (a pure joke) and Skins of Shadows (awful) took many hours of playtime aswell.

So in the end i spent 400*82= about 32000g, 70*82=5600 g on those mats alone.
    Now i am very worried as it looks as if this faction is gone in Beta. When i saw SS of Dire Maul the quest givers were not there.

Do you think this means that Blizzard intends to remove this faction altogether in Cataclysm? That they will remove this part from the criteria? I know that i have every part dont for this exept Darkmoon, which i intend to do in Cata. I cant do darkmoon in the time until Cata as my computor is broken and I intend to buy a new one around crismas.

Thus i cannot finish the final parts of this before Cata. As things look now, the Shen dralar are going away. If they DO remove it i will feel so damned stupid. I stayed inside all summer to finish this, and now they just remove everything i have worked for? Think Blizzard will send me 30k G as all the rep is now removed? Not likly

Well, if you read this I hope you understand my worries. Serveral hundreds of hours completly wasted.........

Deleted
    Wow, I don't even know wtf shendralar is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    What an excellent and informative contribution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Good, then you wont have nightmares about it.

I'm pretty sure that the Shen'dralar are still a rep in Cataclysm. I have beta, so I will be able to check later.. I'll post once I find out whether or not it still exists.
    hey

I've looked this up on the internets, and there is no site on this or any other planet that says Shen'dralar is going away. I was thinking about doing this achievement, and I wanted to see if there were any of the factions being taken out so I could grind that first before cata hit.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....15855676527#21

but yes shendralar is gone on the beta server too...

i am just flying to feralas to get rid of all mats and hit exalted cause well we never know for sure

Deleted
    Only Blizzard knows.

Deleted
    Good, the problem now is that is is becoming an all Alliance faction. They are the Night Elf mage faction and thus alliance only, so how could a horde charcter get rep with them in cata?

I mean, it would be treason for an alliance faction to be friends with horde ppl in the times of war.... But i guess they could solve it with "some stayed in DM as neutral"

---------- Post added 2010-10-03 at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    I've looked this up on the internets, and there is no site on this or any other planet that says Shen'dralar is going away. I was thinking about doing this achievement, and I wanted to see if there were any of the factions being taken out so I could grind that first before cata hit.
    Wrong

The Shen'dralar will probably get a bit of attention in Cata lore, what with night elf mages and everything, so they're not going away as such, but... they might be removed as a faction, or might be expanded upon and given a ton of quests, making rep farming a whole lot easier. Only time will tell at this point, I suppose.

Let me ask you this.. when wow finally dies of old age after gawd knows how many expansion packs.. and u sit back with nothing but "wasted" time on over achived chars.. do you think blizzard will reimburse all the time you spend ?

all in all.. nope you won't get gold back, but hey perhaps exalted shen'dralar will become FoS

Deleted
    I know they wont remove "the insane" as an achivement. However what worries me is that they might remove Shen dralar from it if the faction gets removed. This is bad for me because

a) It makes the achivement easier, and scrubs who did not pay 40k like i did will get it.

b) It makes my work with this (uber hard) faction useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....15855676527#21

but yes shendralar is gone on the beta server too...

i am just flying to feralas to get rid of all mats and hit exalted cause well we never know for sure
    Well the High Elves are returning to the Alliance (hence Night Elf Mages), so it would seem pretty damn obvious that Shen'dralar rep is going to be gone when 4.0 hits.

I would imagine that Blizzard would be ore likely to change the criteria for the achievement though rather than remove it altogether. Changing the requirements to Brood of Nozdormu and Hydroxian Waterlords instead of Shen'dralar would be more than fair.
    Last edited by Bucky Mclachlan; 2010-10-03 at 05:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunee View Post
    Let me ask you this.. when wow finally dies of old age after gawd knows how many expansion packs.. and u sit back with nothing but "wasted" time on over achived chars.. do you think blizzard will reimburse all the time you spend ?

all in all.. nope you won't get gold back, but hey perhaps exalted shen'dralar will become FoS
    Ofc not, but this is different. I would be happy if they removed the faction from game and made a FOS called "the sick" for that faction only. It would be a title to ofc.

Sukramo the Sick for shen dralar only and

Sukramo the insane for Ravenholdt,Darkmoon,Goblins and honored pirates.

I can dream cant i?

---------- Post added 2010-10-03 at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Mclachlan View Post
    Well the High Elves are returning to the Alliance (hence Night Elf Mages), so it would seem pretty damn obvious that Shen'dralar rep is going to be gone when 4.0 hits.
    Imagine the QQ in the forums if the decided to remove this faction from game/meta.
    Lots of Elitist accusing them of "making the game easier" etc, etc.

I distinctly remember a blue post saying the Insane achievement wouldn't be effected by Cataclysm. That was quite a long time ago, though. Probably sometime in December or January, so it's entirely possible that's changed by now.

But going on what I last heard from Blizz themselves, the Insane should still be around and therefore the Shen'dralar should be as well.

I only need Shen'dralar and Ravenholdt for the Insane and my Ravenholdt is something like 80% revered, so I'm right around the corner. I've been away from the game since January, so if they do change this I'm going to be severely upset since I got so close. I spent well over 50k gold working on Darkmoon Faire and buying up Pristine Black Diamonds and Librams.

http://cata.wowhead.com/achievement=2336

It's still in the criteria for the achievement in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darxide View Post
    I distinctly remember a blue post saying the Insane achievement wouldn't be effected by Cataclysm. That was quite a long time ago, though. Probably sometime in December or January, so it's entirely possible that's changed by now.

But going on what I last heard from Blizz themselves, the Insane should still be around and therefore the Shen'dralar should be as well.
    There is a link higher up to that blue and he dosent say a thing about "wont be affected" he says that they wont remove it. Two different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    It have been stated before, that blizzard had no intention to remove the possibillity to get the insane title.

And removing parts of it, just doesent make sence.
    I bet they are just changing around some stuff, the shen'dralar might simply just be chilling elsewhere than dire maul.

Also, you got ripped off on those librams man. i havent paid more than 30g each, sure they are listed for 70+ gold all the time. But noone buys them!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    http://cata.wowhead.com/achievement=2336

It's still in the criteria for the achievement in cata.
    But i heard serveral ppl saying the questgiver was gone. And as for it being there......beta is beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukramo View Post
    I know they wont remove "the insane" as an achivement. However what worries me is that they might remove Shen dralar from it if the faction gets removed. This is bad for me because

a) It makes the achivement easier, and scrubs who did not pay 40k like i did will get it.

b) It makes my work with this (uber hard) faction useless.
    that sounds so elitist its actually funny, and it makes me hope that you ended up wasting all your time on the achievement. Because going outside is better than being locked up in a dark room with a computer.