LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchmitch View Post
    Now you're just being a window licker.
    eh? He is telling the truth

---------- Post added 2010-10-03 at 06:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Is that about right?
    Yep, i spent so much work on this, and if you want if you should have to work as much as i did

I thought this was one of the easiest factions to get exalted with while doing "the Insane" achievement.
    All you need to do is buy cheap librams, which will cost you around 15-20k.
    Grinding the bloods is easy if you use tom tom with waypoints etc. Skin of shadow and stitches are even easier.

Just a little time consuming. I don't think there is anything to complain about. You should be able to finish this long before
    December, if you just work a little every day..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    PRISMATIC black diamond, yes. But not the pristine black diamond.

Completely diffrent gems.
    People Always mix them up, alas i guess you cant blame them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonebald View Post
    They could change it to "... the Mildly Bent" or "... the Partially Demented" or "... the Insane, but only every other Wednesday" or sumthin.
    totally agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukramo View Post
    Meh, world drop farming is so RNGish that it will be incredibly different from person to person. I belive i saw 3 drop in about 70 DM north runs.
    Only 70? You were just getting started...

But yeah, I guess, the RNG thing is true... always been a lucky gnome.
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskinen View Post
    I thought this was one of the easiest factions to get exalted with while doing "the Insane" achievement.
    Grinding the bloods is easy if you use tom tom with waypoints etc. Skin of shadow and stitches are even easier.

Just a little time consuming. I don't think there is anything to complain about. You should be able to finish this long before
    1. I am exalted with them.

2. Goblins,pirates and Ravenhold are easier by far

---------- Post added 2010-10-03 at 06:44 PM ----------

Only 70? You were just getting started...

But yeah, I guess, the RNG thing is true... always been a lucky gnome.
    Nope, cause you dont need pirates and Goblins at the same time anymore, that was a bug. Done with all exept Darkmoon, (which ill do in Cata when everyone wants the new cards)

And luck is luck.....

---------- Post added 2010-10-03 at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    totally agree.
    "The sick" sounds better i think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskinen View Post

No, the hard part is the Pristine Black Diamonds which you also need for each turn in. It's easy if you have the gold to ditch on the auction house and buy 81 pristine black diamonds at some 300g each (Low price) (aka 20-30k on those alone depending on server price)These can't really be farmed. The droprate is abysmal low. 140 stratholme runs and I ever only saw 5 drop. You get the point...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I was already exalted with Cartel, did the Bloodsail, and ground the Cartel back up. Some of us are like that...

THE BARS MUST ALL BE BLUEISH GREEN!!!!
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnerd View Post
    No, the hard part is the Pristine Black Diamonds which you also need for each turn in. It's easy if you have the gold to ditch on the auction house and buy 81 pristine black diamonds at some 300g each (Low price) (aka 20-30k on those alone depending on server price)These can't really be farmed. The droprate is abysmal low. 140 stratholme runs and I ever only saw 5 drop. You get the point...
    Hope "the lucky Gnome" sees this. The madness of farming world drops....

---------- Post added 2010-10-03 at 06:50 PM ----------

Yes, I was already exalted with Cartel, did the Bloodsail, and ground the Cartel back up. Some of us are like that...

THE BARS MUST ALL BE BLUEISH GREEN!!!!
    So? you wont hit 999/1000 with pirates and time soon. That is the single dumbest thing you can do in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope "the lucky Gnome" sees this. The madness of farming world drops....
    It's not madness ya nut, its INSANE!

/close thread

---------- Post added 2010-10-03 at 06:55 PM ----------

So? you wont hit 999/1000 with pirates and time soon. That is the single dumbest thing you can do in this game.
    Last word eh?

After watching a guildee do it, I admit... I won't. And dumb is relative when you have free time.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-r...f&gn=Symbiosis
    Last edited by Stonebald; 2010-10-03 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Dramatic Climax

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    It have been stated before, that blizzard had no intention to remove the possibillity to get the insane title.

And removing parts of it, just doesent make sence.
    I bet they are just changing around some stuff, the shen'dralar might simply just be chilling elsewhere than dire maul.

Also, you got ripped off on those librams man. i havent paid more than 30g each, sure they are listed for 70+ gold all the time. But noone buys them!
    Err. The price varies alot from server to server. The one I'm playing on, they sell for over 300g each all the time.

Deleted
    Last word eh?

After watching a guildee do it, I admit... I won't. And dumb is relative when you have free time.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-r...f&gn=Symbiosis[/QUOTE]

Dumb as in:

1.SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

2.BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

3.No reward at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you play this game to get some sort of fiscal or tangible reward?

It's a game... everyone has there own definition of fun man. No reason to poop on someone else's sense of achievement <pause for effect> in a game.

Remember, all we are is pixels blowing in the wind...

Do you play this game to get some sort of fiscal or tangible reward?

It's a game... everyone has there own definition of fun man. No reason to poop on someone else's sense of achievement <pause for effect> in a game.

Remember, all we are is pixels blowing in the wind...
    No, i play this game to earn rewards in game for effort i put into it. In the time most of you spend farming this "insane" id rather farm some gold, atleast i can use that on something, granted havent found much i can use over 400k on yet =/

I was the truly insane one, i got Shen'dralar to Exalted before The Insane existed. Pristine Black Diamonds were 1-2g on the AH back then. And i got 85 of em for that price. If i had known it would have inflate 500folds, i wouldve continued to buy them back then...

---------- Post added 2010-10-03 at 04:58 PM ----------

Also, who says they havent just removed the NPC for the beta, so people test new content?

Kind of like, you cant do Icecrown Citadel on the beta. Does this mean ICC won't be in Cataclysm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    No, i play this game to earn rewards in game for effort i put into it. In the time most of you spend farming this "insane" id rather farm some gold, atleast i can use that on something, granted havent found much i can use over 400k on yet =/
    Then you found what you enjoy about the game... making piles and piles of pixel gold. Good for you!

My guess is that you have not found true happiness yet because you now have close to a half a million gold with nothing to buy, but I do have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if you are interested.

Others have chosen another path grasshopper...

Well the High Elves are returning to the Alliance (hence Night Elf Mages), so it would seem pretty damn obvious that Shen'dralar rep is going to be gone when 4.0 hits.
    I think you mean Highborne, High Elves have been part of the Alliance some quite some time now (Just not playable).

Here's an Idea, getting an Achievement for an item or rep that was removed in a content update rewards the title 'Name the Timeless."
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Mclachlan View Post
    Well the High Elves are returning to the Alliance (hence Night Elf Mages), so it would seem pretty damn obvious that Shen'dralar rep is going to be gone when 4.0 hits.

I would imagine that Blizzard would be ore likely to change the criteria for the achievement though rather than remove it altogether. Changing the requirements to Brood of Nozdormu and Hydroxian Waterlords instead of Shen'dralar would be more than fair.
    Sir you are confusing Highborn(shen'dralar) with the High elves (Quel'Dorei) Highborn are still Nightelves (Kal'dorei) High elves can be mages but they most likely won't ever be a playable race for alliance since the Bloodelves(Sin'dorei) are the exact same race.

Lok'tar Ogar For The Horde!!

I'm pretty sure Shen'dralar won't be removed in Cataclysm, it wouldn't make sense. Especially considering Dire Maul isn't changing at all. So you still have time.

Also, how hard that part of the grind is, depends on your server. On higher populated servers, there are always gonna be a bunch of diamonds up there... On lower populated servers (like mine), they're not that common. Especially not the librams. I only found THREE Pristine Black Diamonds while farming for The Insane... And yeah, that's counting all the Dire Maul, Stratholme, Scholomance and Lower Blackrock Spire runs I did. I also had to farm most of the librams, so it's not always "easy".

By the way people, you might see this grind as a waste of time, as you only get a title, but that's your opinion. For me, it's about giving some depth to my own character. Just like people who do RP, for example. I like my character in WoW, I think the game is fun, and that's why I farm for tons of different cosmetic things, to add some depth to my character, instead of just a "toy" that I throw away whenever something newer and shinier comes by.

I'm sure other people who have gotten this title, or who are getting it, feel something similar about it.