Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Indeed, the instant cast fear was perhaps at the original announcement the mechanism that I got most excited about.
    Regarding drain life, than a chain drain life maybe, where like chain heal it would jump between targets.
    Not OP because it would not see much effect once they spread out more.

Or I would have liked to see a more persistent effect, perhaps usable on a basic nuke but with some sort of buff that lasts for a period of time.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-10-06 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    I highly prefer using elements for clear damage reasons, a 30% slow is just not worth it.
    Improved fear isnt even part of the spec, and again, a 30% slow is completely irrelevant.
    you do realize coex is 50% snare now, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be awesome if Soul Burn would increases range of Teleport to 100 yards or something instead of the 40% speed boost. 90% of the time I need to teleport, I'm OOR of my portal.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Yeah, I don't get the soul burn effect for Teleport. Besides Mages getting the same exact buff baseline when you spec Arcane, but Teleport clears snares anyway. Most of the time, the speed is not needed.

Increasing the range would be the best part especially on battlegrounds. Now that they are making bgs matter, then maybe they also make it a matter with Teleport being balanced around Arena but being a LEASH in bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Would be awesome if Soul Burn would increases range of Teleport to 100 yards or something instead of the 40% speed boost. 90% of the time I need to teleport, I'm OOR of my portal.
    Way to OP in BG.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    Suggested New Soulburn effects would be a much less misleading title.

personally i miss soulburn -> instant fear.
    Yeah and as one of the only ones in the original list that actually made the soul burn mechanic look good, was anyone really surprised it got removed? The sad thing is, that I doubt they'll ever be able to admit they failed with soul shards from the outset, and are going to find it incredibly hard to make effects that are both numerous, interesting, useful and not just another bursty cooldown. I suppose its not quite as bad as vanilla, we went from shards being there for our most powerful spells to shards being needed just to perform competitively (particularly in PvP).

The problem in my opinion is that people are either going to be using it a lot because its OP, or using it a lot because without it we're gimped. If they're not using it much, then its probably just forgettable, or so situational it might as well not be there. Striking some happy medium is a really small target zone to meet.

Personally I think they should just make Dark Intent create a stacking buff, perhaps when the target crits or hits withs magic damage/healing, and when it hits a magic arbitray number grants us another soul shard in combat. That way we can have bursty effects on an irregular cooldown for PvE, along with more PvP utility effects where a limited number of shards is less of an issue as you'll be going OOC often enough to regen them.

Deleted
    Don't do drugs kids...

Idiotic ideas, wrong in so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    It's funny, my last post made a few minutes in a different thread talked about how subjective players are and why most player suggestions are ignored by the devs. The last line I wrote said how most player suggestions would break the game if they were implemented, and lo and behold - I stumble upon a prime example right here.

The demonic teleport one is the only one in that list that is neither unnecessary nor OP as far as I can see.

Edit: Out of interest, did you even once, for a second think about how this would affect the game and every other class? My money's on no, you just want more power.
    You know that may actually be the most condesending post I have ever seen, and I have seen some people who are really stuck up on themself. Not only did you not make a single example of your statment, you in no way actually added to the conversation. Yes you did in fact say that one was good, and I actually agree the demonic teleport one would be pretty great, but thats all you said other then "your ideas are stupid blah blah". Now I agree that some are out right not any good(case in point first page the drain life one) but i doubt you even actually looked at any of them in any real way, and I also doubt that with the exception of the very bad ones, that you can in any way say how any of them might be op or unable to be balanced.

---------- Post added 2010-10-07 at 07:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bleed View Post
    Don't do drugs kids...

Never mind found a worse one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleed View Post
    Don't do drugs kids...

If you have fault with the ideas, then give your insight.
    If you are not able to do that, do not bother at all.
    I noticed a lack of alternatives offered by yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the banish idea, soulburn->banish insta and can be cast on urself, and partymembers maybe? Would be nice to help a focused teammate in arena like that = D
    Last edited by towelie; 2010-10-08 at 05:14 PM.