Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ANOTHER Boomkin Nerf?

Overgrowth is gone? Are you freakin kidding me? I was all pumped to play my boomkin when the first postings of cata were coming in but it has all gone to hell in a hand basket. First starsurge nerf now overgrowth come on man. Its getting to the point to where even though I love my boomkin that I may have to play a different class just to be able to PvE and PvP. Come on blizz

I can see a lot of exploits from that. Just imagine trying to cross a bridge in a BG with druids mass rooting everyone. At least mages have to be close to frost nova for the same effect.

Kind a bit pissed off, cuase leveling was gonna be a bit easier
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

Deleted
    inb4 beta is beta

Idk if you saw starsurge before nerf but it kinda needed one considering the new talents they added
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Fake and Gay
    They never said it was real and heterosexual.

Thats ridiculous, i quit my hunter for what they did to them in WOTLK, but guess its DK main now..

They're still really good, leveling still isn't had.
    Yes and no, but maybe.

Seems like all the changes they have made have been taken away. The only thing left is a new eclipse mechanic and 3 new spells. One to break up our wrath/starfire spam, an interrupt that casting typhoon could cover, and another to make us look like retards while we cast it, tell our target not to move, and then detonate it.

Spell Changes
    This is a 4.0.1 build and beta is 4.0.3, I strongly suggest that you do not consider these changes as upcoming beta changes, they might be 4.0.1 only. (A couple of changes from the latest beta build have been reverted)

Overgrowth is alive and kicking in Beta. They wouldn't remove a 2 pt talent without replacing it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Well ... 1: they are still strong. 2: ptr change, not beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no nerfs or buffs in a beta, just balancing.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

omg the sky is falling! Runaway!

We moonkins will somehow manage, our opponents will find something else to QQ, we will get that taken away as well. We will still be bad ass. Well me, anyways...

overgrowth is kinda of pointless since they changed nature's grasp.. I don't understand what the fuss is about.
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aabrahm View Post
    omg someone did a starfall again! Runaway!

We moonkins will somehow manage, our opponents will find something else to QQ, we will get that taken away as well. We will still be bad ass. Well me, anyways...
    Fix'd

Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    Seems like all the changes they have made have been taken away. The only thing left is a new eclipse mechanic and 3 new spells. One to break up our wrath/starfire spam, an interrupt that casting typhoon could cover, and another to make us look like retards while we cast it, tell our target not to move, and then detonate it.
    DoTs and HoTs critting and scaling with Haste, Cycloned/Rooted targets -can't- move, OMGMoonfirespam without clipping the DoT (did I mention it'll scale with crit and haste?), and some of the prettiest spell animations to ever grace this game.

Literally, the only thing I want is an updated Moonkin model, and this expansion will be everything I've ever dreamed about and more.

Could anyone explain to me why the proximity auto detonate feature of the wild mushrooms was removed btw?
    I kind of missed that one earlier

Was is not working properly or insanely OP? (cant see why it would tbh)
    Last edited by kwekee; 2010-10-07 at 07:06 AM.

Deleted
    ANOTHER post about a moonkin nerf? As far as I'm concerned, if you haven't had it on live, then you haven't had it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    Fix'd
    First fix'd that actually made me laugh instead of wanting to smash my face into my desk, but of course it was a funny one, not seeming like the ones where you put words in others mouths...

And overgrowth was sorta imba... to imagine what that would do with solarbeam...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Was just posting in this thread because I didnt want to make another topic about the mushrooms, its not Another thread.. it's an old one,

15+ Year Old Account
    Cmon guys, think for a minute how imba rooting a whole grp of people like that is, and yes i have a boomkin.