Thread: Holy Plate Gear

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Plate Gear

Holy paladins are the only class that has their own armor all to them selves. Blizz stated that a fix would be to have the holy spec somehow configure ret gear into healing by stat conversions. Like 1 str = 1sp, and things of that such. They soon went back on thier idea because holy paladins would be too powerful in dps gear while having optimal healing.

But why not give them a talent that does this conversion as previously stated WHILE giving them a dps debuff to compensate for the dps gear? This way the whole "holy gear, only for one spec of one class" doesint come up anymore? Thaughts?

<WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

A simpler fix would simply be limiting Paladins to mail armor, and giving both Prot and Ret a plate specialization ability when choosing their tree at level 10 (which would become active at level 40), that lets those two specs wear plate. That way Holy Paladins would share non-tier loot with shamans, while not interfering with the itemization of ret/prot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greel View Post
    A simpler fix would simply be limiting Paladins to mail armor, and giving both Prot and Ret a plate specialization ability when choosing their tree at level 10 (which would become active at level 40), that lets those two specs wear plate. That way Holy Paladins would share non-tier loot with shamans, while not interfering with the itemization of ret/prot.
    But, that'd make sense and stuff. Can't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    But, that'd make sense and stuff. Can't have that.
    The lore nerds would revolt in droves.

It's really not that big of a "problem" anyway. And, seriously, non-Pally players have no room at all to complain. It does not affect the drop rate of their own gear in the slightest. The only people negatively affected by it are Holy Pallies who see their gear drop at 1/2 to 1/3 the rate of everyone else. But even then, they have less people to compete against so really the only thing they can whine about is a somewhat greater chance of getting RNG gibbed.

The only problem is stupid people that don't understand how loot works seeing a Pally item drop and going, "Man, that coulda been Item X that I needed if only Pallies weren't the only ones with their armor type!"

I mean, with the same logic that would put Holy Pallies in Mail, we could put all non-Tanks into Mail too. I mean, really. Besides the lore, what about Ret Pallies requires them to be in Plate? Or Warriors? Or DKs?
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2010-10-04 at 05:10 AM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or we could just let it be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    The lore nerds would revolt in droves.

It's really not that big of a "problem" anyway. And, seriously, non-Pally players have no room at all to complain. It does not affect the drop rate of their own gear in the slightest. The only people negatively affected by it are Holy Pallies who see their gear drop at 1/2 to 1/3 the rate of everyone else. But even then, they have less people to compete against so really the only thing they can whine about is a somewhat greater chance of getting RNG gibbed.

The only problem is stupid people that don't understand how loot works seeing a Pally item drop and going, "Man, that coulda been Item X that I needed if only Pallies weren't the only ones with their armor type!"

I mean, with the same logic that would put Holy Pallies in Mail, we could put all non-Tanks into Mail too. I mean, really. Besides the lore, what about Ret Pallies requires them to be in Plate? Or Warriors? Or DKs?
    You mean besides the fact that plate gear is the only gear with strength on it? That kinda requires retadins and DKs to be in plate...

10+ Year Old Account
    People complaining about Holy Paladins having separate gear from everyone else make it too much of a deal than it really is. Normally, you have at least one Holy Paladin, in PvE, because they are the best tank healers in the game, despite what buffs that have been given the other healers in that department, so the drops aren't really wasted. Also, we share tier set rewards with everyone else, which are the majority of the gear that you aim for, and it doesn't happen often that several non-set pieces drop from bosses, when killing it. Besides, you can always disenchant it and get some materials for enchants, so there really is no waste, if no one needs the loot.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2010-10-04 at 07:13 AM.

Why don't people complain about dagger and fast 1h drops? Staves and polearms are better for Hunters, and the only class that uses fast 1hs are Rogues, and the only specs to want daggers are Sub and Mut.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Why don't people complain about dagger and fast 1h drops? Staves and polearms are better for Hunters, and the only class that uses fast 1hs are Rogues, and the only specs to want daggers are Sub and Mut.
    Because those aren't used by paladins! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Inciniratore View Post
    Holy paladins are the only class that has their own armor all to them selves. Blizz stated that a fix would be to have the holy spec somehow configure ret gear into healing by stat conversions. Like 1 str = 1sp, and things of that such. They soon went back on thier idea because holy paladins would be too powerful in dps gear while having optimal healing.

But why not give them a talent that does this conversion as previously stated WHILE giving them a dps debuff to compensate for the dps gear? This way the whole "holy gear, only for one spec of one class" doesint come up anymore? Thaughts?
    Don't ele shammies and resto shammies also have their own caster mail to themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic42 View Post
    You mean besides the fact that plate gear is the only gear with strength on it? That kinda requires retadins and DKs to be in plate...
    You completely missed the point.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

We are Blizzards special, unique snowflake. DONT TAKE THAT AWAY FROM US!
    Mattsvaliant - 85 BE Paladin - 135+ Mounts - Dragonslayer -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsvaliant View Post
    We are Blizzards special, unique snowflake. DONT TAKE THAT AWAY FROM US!
    The kind of special we are is more of the short bus variety.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

15+ Year Old Account
    More like red headed stepchild. Blizzard has stated several times that SP plate is here to stay. Until they change that stance any of these types of posts should just be ignored since they are started by people who will just complain about anything else that they think drops too often that they dont use even if they do get rid of sp plate.

we r paladins for christ sake....

dont let the icc dresses fool u...we belong in plate
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

15+ Year Old Account
    Leave it be or have Mail be reinforceable to become plate at a trainer, or vendor allowing for armor conversions much like the Sunwell Sunmote system since there is already a bunch of people on plate, and that requires conversion, many numbers and tweaking.

It'd be a huge mess, and it's not like ret has gears to it own.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    While we're at it, why not replace all armour varieties with one type of armour. This new armour will have just one stat and this stat will determine how well you heal, tank or dps as well as whatever value the stat is.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Fast 1hs(non-dagger) don't make sense now when I think about it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Sviptyr View Post
    While we're at it, why not replace all armour varieties with one type of armour. This new armour will have just one stat and this stat will determine how well you heal, tank or dps as well as whatever value the stat is.
    With all the stat homogenization, Cata is as close to that as WoW has ever been.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>