10+ Year Old Account

4.0 Fire Mage Rotations?

Okay, first off I am not in PTR nor Cata Beta so I have no experience on any of the new talent trees nor spells. That being said I am looking for input from people who actually have experience in raiding 25icc or raids in general on the ptr.

Right now our basic rotation essentially stands at:
    LB -> Fireball spam -> Pyro if proc'd -> repeat refressing LB when needed

What I am looking for is the rotation we are to be using now (I am curious if people are throwing Fire Blast in their rotation now with the dot jump to all enemies within 12 yards and the change to LB with 3 targets max). If their are any other spells that are new (orb is it implemented?) Please give a raiding rotation (I am in full icc25 heroic gearing atm), and why you chose this "rotation". Yes I do realize fight dependant mechanics may effect the optimal rotation but do your best.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    What I have been doing is LB - Fireball spam - Pyro If Proc'd Tossing in a Fireblast when impact is triggered with adds tossing combustion in if it is off CD and after crit chaining with ignite rolling.

But from what I've been reading, Some people are using Frostfire bolt glyph to use that DoT is stacks now for extra dmg and casting Frostfire bolt when the dot is about to drop keeping 3 stacks. IDK if thats viable now but I've been doing what I have stated above.
    Last edited by Shadowviper; 2010-10-04 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Extra stuff
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Is it only me who uses Blast wave (+ flamestrike talent) in my rotation? and refreshing the flamestrike when it goes?

is that even correct to do

10+ Year Old Account
    on PTR/beta, you need to throw in frostfire bolt every once in a while(and have it glyphed. fireball no longer has a dot, which is what our mastery is based on. so throw FFB anytime the dot drops off.

10+ Year Old Account
    *About Flamestrike and Blast Wave*

Usually only with trash packs I use it. Or Multiple Adds so I can get pyromaniac up.

i use it in bosses sometimes..i get confused, im not sure if it makes my dps better or worse

Single Target is very similar to the current rotation now. I have something like this:

Living Bomb > Fire Ball spam > Pyroblast on Hots Streak Procs > Combustion after Pyroblast > repeat
    Keep Living Bomb up, Combustion after Pyroblasts

Multi-Target
    Same Solo, but use Fire Blast after the initial Combustion and every Combustion afterwards

AoE:
    LB > Fire Ball (for ignite) > Fire Blast > Blast Wave > repeat

Quote Originally Posted by big deal View Post
    Is it only me who uses Blast wave (+ flamestrike talent) in my rotation? and refreshing the flamestrike when it goes?

is that even correct to do
    Probably since they talent is only good for trash and not worth getting until like 85 and personally I would still pick up something else instead for dps.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Single Target is very similar to the current rotation now. I have something like this:

Living Bomb > Fire Ball spam > Pyroblast on Hots Streak Procs > Combustion after Pyroblast > repeat
    Keep Living Bomb up, Combustion after Pyroblasts

Multi-Target
    Same Solo, but use Fire Blast after the initial Combustion and every Combustion afterwards

AoE:
    LB > Fire Ball (for ignite) > Fire Blast > Blast Wave > repeat
    Yeah, Single target seems like it will be using Frostfire bolt to apply its stack dot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay rotations seem a little bit more complex than it is now but not too much, impact, 1 more thing to watch for.
    Ignoring that is this a viable fire raiding spec AND are the glyphs correct: link
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

I think I'm going to be using something like this at 85;

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#o0hZd...sfoc:RocMRkmo0

There's a couple of floating points left over that would maybe go into Cauterize or Burning Soul. At 80, I would lose these 2 points, and drop the remaining 3 from (most likely) Netherwind Presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    Okay rotations seem a little bit more complex than it is now but not too much, impact, 1 more thing to watch for.
    Ignoring that is this a viable fire raiding spec AND are the glyphs correct: link
    A couple of things about your spec that I saw;

1. Without Improved Fire Blast you will need to run in whenever Impact procs in order to use it - all your other spells are already at a 40 yard range.
    2. I know it won't used as part of your main rotation, but for me, free Scorch casts are a must - any DPS when you're OOM is better than none
    Last edited by Spoonguard; 2010-10-04 at 08:36 AM.