Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Loremaster" Achie: Change or no-Change?

Does anyone know what will happen to the loremaster achie once cata is live ?

i.e. If I want the title + tabard should I farm like crazy now or will it be obtainable after the game goes live aswell?

Only thing that change as far as i can see is that.

1. Kalimador and Easter Kingdom now have sub zone (TBC style Zanga, Nagrand etc)
    2. Require Cataclysm

Else nothing seem to have change.

The achievement keeps the same rewards, though its requirements have changed. As the poster above me said, each zone has its own separate achievement now which adds up to the Loremaster of Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms achievement, and there's also a new Loremaster of Cataclysm achievement. You'll need all the "Loremaster of ..." achievements to earn your title and tabard.

If you've already got "The Loremaster" before Cataclysm you'll keep the achievement and its rewards. You can still do all the new achievements for it for extra achievement points though. The Explorer achievement has gotten a similar treatment.

These changes will be going in during patch 4.0.3, so you'll probably still have at least a month before they're changing if you want them now.
    Last edited by Cluck; 2010-10-04 at 05:41 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    I would like to see the old loremaster title "retired" and a new one introduced for doing all the new quests.

Nothing to do with elitism or special snowflake syndrome, but I would like some kind of incentive to take my main through some of the new low level zones.

On Topic - But it doesn't look like that will happen.
    I like this idea

Quote Originally Posted by artemisthemp View Post
    Only thing that change as far as i can see is that.

1. Kalimador and Easter Kingdom now have sub zone (TBC style Zanga, Nagrand etc)
    2. Require Cataclysm

Else nothing seem to have change.
    ^this indeed

1) If you have the achievement before the release of Cata, you keep it.
    2) If you have the Lore Master achievement partially done when Cata is released, you will LOSE all progress and have to start from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    2) If you have the Lore Master achievement partially done when Cata is released, you will LOSE all progress and have to start from scratch.
    Source plz.... this would make no sense what so ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikabob View Post
    Source plz.... this would make no sense what so ever.
    Actioully, it does.

Northrend and Outlands will be just like they are today, but seeing as all the zones are getting redone, the quest count you have in that zone will probably be reset aswell.

Sense - It makes it.

15+ Year Old Account
    How many quests does Loremaster require for EK and Kalimdor?

and how many in total do all the subzones add up too, excluding the Cataclysm Zones.

Just want to know to see if it is worth starting now or waiting until Cataclysm.

Also loosing progress and starting from scratch, does anyone have a source for that or is it just speculation.

Deleted
    No, this is not how it works. You will not LOSE progress, you will receive PARTIAL progress for the new achievements.

If you have the cheeve, you still keep it, they aren't going to take it away from you

me personally i thought about trying to finish it off but decided i'd rather wait till i can fly and do the new quests along the way, with all the new random fun quests blizz has put in there i think i'd enjoy it more

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Chances are that blizzard will attribute any quests you've done in say Loch modan, towards the new loch modan achievement, it will not reset entirely. So any quests you do now will still help in the future, even if you don't complete the loremaster entirely

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd prefer if no one ever used the term 'achie' ever again.

доверять надежде означает знать отчаяние

Quote Originally Posted by DEEPKVTS View Post
    I'd prefer if people didn't have retarded signatures and avatars.

I'd prefer if people made useful and insightful posts that pertain to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Brumsta View Post
    Chances are that blizzard will attribute any quests you've done in say Loch modan, towards the new loch modan achievement, it will not reset entirely. So any quests you do now will still help in the future, even if you don't complete the loremaster entirely
    Why would they, though? The quests are gone, it gives a clear advantage to those people who quested prior to cataclysm (You do 40 quests in Loch Modan, it requires 50 quests, you only have to do 10 to get the achievement). Not to say that it's dumb or unfair by my standards, but Blizz seems to really enjoy making everything equal opportunity, despite time spent played prior to this very moment. What will probably happen is that any quests in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms that are complete will keep towards your total for total quests done, and you'll start fresh with 0/XXX for all the zones in those zones. This will probably be the case for Loremaster as well.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q u o t e: So explorer and Loremaster are becoming Feats of Strength?

The exploration and quest achievements probably won't change. If you have the achievements, you won't lose them. If you don't have them, you can still get them, but obviously you'll have different quests or areas to explore. The greatest risk is to players who are almost done with one of these achievements, because they might suddenly have to do more than they thought (say 100 quests instead of 50).

Indicating that current Loremasters will retain their achievement, and future Loremasters will have to do the new quests to attain it (which will likely be a larger number). I do remember, but cannot find the post, where a blue poster mentioned that the achievement progress will be wiped in the new system. However, since I can't source it, consider that information merely possible instead of fact.

---------- Post added 2010-10-07 at 11:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    I'd prefer if people didn't have retarded signatures and avatars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brumsta View Post
    I'd prefer if people made useful and insightful posts that pertain to the topic.
    I'd prefer that people stay on topic and not flame each other needlessly, including you, poster 3.

I share the sentiment that "achie" is a bad thing to call achievements. I understand that people are loathe to type more than four letters in a single word, but sometimes it's necessary or a simply much better idea.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

My understanding of how it works:

Right now, Loremaster meta has the different region requirements of EK, Kalim, Outland, and Northrend. As of 4.03, the Loremaster of Cataclysm will be added as a region requirement for the Loremaster meta. If you've already gotten the Loremaster meta, you're golden, otherwise, you'll have to do Loremaster of Cataclysm to get the Meta.

Ok, now for the regions. If you've completed EK and Kalim, you won't have to do them again as those criteria will be completed and the achievement earned (the requirements will change, but just like in the holiday achievements, having it before the requirements change don't negate it). So for example, if you haven't completed Loremaster of Outland before 4.03 (but you've done the others), you'll have to complete Loremaster of Cataclysm to get the meta but not redo the Loremasters of EK/Kalim.

If you haven't completed EK and/or Kalim, you'll need to complete the new Zone Quests achievements to get them. Some of your quest counts spill over. Someone over in the official forum posted that they lost about ~220 quests per continent in the transition, although some were starting zone. You may find that as soon as 4.0.3 hits you'll have automatically completed some of the Zone quest count achievements (even if you're already a Loremaster this should happen). Note that even though he lost ~450 quests in the transition, his number towards The Seeker title barely diminished.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    just did 500 quest in the last week

i'm going to do all old achieves in the next weeks :P

Source

"I [Horde] just copied over again to directly compare,
    On live I had Loremaster of EK (550/550) and and 548/685 in Kalmidor

Upon Transfer I had the following
    EK
    50/50 Northern Stranglethorn
    50/50 Ghostlands
    18/18 Arathi
    24/35 Badlands
    12/35 Blasted Lands
    6/40 Burning Steppes
    0/60 Cape of Stranglethorn
    35/70 E. Plaguelands
    41/50 hillsbrad
    27/30 the Hinterlands
    10/35 Searing Gorge
    4/60 Silverpine
    19/25 Swamp of Sorrow
    30/45 Western Plaguelands
    =326 loss of ~220 quests

Kalimdor
    40/40 Tanaris
    19/19 Silithus
    50/50 Dustwallow
    27/80 Ashenvale
    19/100 Azshara
    9/55 Desolace
    21/55 Felwood
    33/45 Feralas
    14/70 Northern Barrens
    19/40 Stonetalon
    0/40 Southern Barrens
    19/64 Thousand Needles
    29/45 Un'goro
    28/60 Winterspring
    =327 also a loss of ~220 quests"

Based on other reports I've seen about quest changes, my guess is that your total quests in a zone apply to the new achievements. STV and Barrens quests go towards their respective Northern section, making sure *everybody* has at least two achievements they won't have right off the back.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2010-10-08 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Horde I believe, not Alliance
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.