Hit Rating in 4.0.1

i noticed that our +hit talent is being removed after the patch. Now it has been said that most of the stuff being removed from the talent tree was being incorporated into the class as a passive buff or skill or something else, but i have heard noting about this. none of our current ap, arp, ect stats are being converted to hit but rather to haste or crit so i see a slight problem here unless they are adjusting the hit cap for 80 to compensate.

has anyone heard anything about this or should we be prepared to swap all our gems for hit gems to hold us over till 85?

Deleted
    Hit cap stays the same and you won't have a passiv skill that increases hit.

I don't really understand what you mean by this:
    has anyone heard anything about this or should we be prepared to swap all our gems for hit gems to hold us over till 85?

Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post
    Hit cap stays the same and you won't have a passiv skill that increases hit.

I don't really understand what you mean by this:
    well since every hunter in close to bis gear talents for hit dew to the lack of it in top end gear i imagine it is going to cause quiet a few of us to be looking for low ilvl (264/251) gear to make up enough hit rating or gemming for it (which normally is not recommended but it may be the only way without dropping a lot of stat points to get low ilvl gear). also the new effects of haste in the patch will make it ever harder to drop your 277 crit haste gear to pick up some 264 hit gear.

did they give a reason for removing this talent? it seems like a pretty core talent these day given gear itemization in top tiers at 80.
    Last edited by Mixon; 2010-10-06 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixon View Post
    well since every hunter in close to bis gear talents for hit dew to the lack of it in top end gear i imagine it is going to cause quiet a few of us to be looking for low ilvl (264/251) gear to make up enough hit rating or gemming for it (which normally is not recommended but it may be the only way without dropping a lot of stat points to get low ilvl gear). also the new effects of haste in the patch will make it ever harder to drop your 277 crit haste gear to pick up some 264 hit gear.

did they give a reason for removing this talent? it seems like a pretty core talent these day given gear itemization in top tiers at 80.
    The hit on our gear went up slightly. I have 5.03% hit from gear on live plus the +3% hit talent, I'm full 264/277 gear. On the PTR I have 5.65% hit, so the few pieces of hit gear I had gained about 20 hit. From that 5.65% hit I reforged Crit from two pieces of gear, that already had haste, for extra hit. I also dropped my +20 Hit enchant to gloves for +20 Agi and used one Agi/Hit gem to get hit capped, I have 8.10% hit on the PTR. (It'd be a little closer to 8% if I had been able to change my boot enchant). Anyways, there is no reason at all what so ever to drop gear your currently have in exchange for Hit gear. All of that Hit gear will have less Crit or Haste on it anyways then a piece with out Hit so you can get the same result by reforging your gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trees used to have a passive +3% hit, but it was removed many builds ago. So yes, you need to regem and reenchant when 4.0.1 drops. Reforging should help a lot, though.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Deleted
    2 options i can see reforging but also i beleive hit is turning blue as far as gems are concerned so maybe agi/haste for yellow slots and agi/hit for blue, I have not theorycrafted or anything so this is just a guess. Most likeley going to be from reforging though i would of thought.

The new hit cap is 248, down from 264.

Bye.

248 hit in 4.0 = 8.06%, 247hit = 8.01% so Hit cap for hunters is really 247.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvincho View Post
    The new hit cap is 248, down from 264.

Bye.
    This and re-gemming. reforging should be the last option as the hit cap should be easy to reach even with a few blue gems. reforging would be much better spent on crit or haste depending on your spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are you guys below hitcap? Every piece of gear that drops in ToC and ICC has like +52 hit on it. I'm incredibly over hit-capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixon View Post

Or you could reforge you rgear for more hit.
    BiS gear pre patch 4.0.1 probably won't be BiS after patch, since all that ArP you have been hoarding is becomming crit or haste (gem become crit at any rate). 4.0.1 pretty much means the end of what ever seriousness is left in raiding anyway (30% buff and you still can't do H LK, your not going to do it). All your pretty epics become useless after level 82-82 at best, it's no longer well itemised given all the changes to the classes and ratings on gear. 4.0.1 to Cata is a time to play around with new abilities and lol as your insane dps as you steamroll through now irrelevant content, get big numbers in BG's and listen to all the QQ.

If you are MM then you need the talents to hit cap in the BIS gear. the hit talent itself is a higher dps upgrade then gemming or gearing for it, because it allows us to gem for another stat instead that we cannot get from talents. my hunter is http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ush&cn=Aikaeda and i am not in BIS gear, but i would switch out wodins for either 10 or 25 man sindy necks and my boots for the ones off of halion in rs and that would make me lose even more hit however our bis weapon is 10 man HM Princes (hersirs Great spear). so for most of us, hit is not something we can gear for. yes there is some gear that has hit (which after 4.0 when arp is gone) will most likely be better than our current setup. i know im using band of the bone collossus > saurfangs cold forged band on the ptr.

Quote Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
    How are you guys below hitcap? Every piece of gear that drops in ToC and ICC has like +52 hit on it. I'm incredibly over hit-capped.
    Good gear doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
    Seriously? ToC gear after nearly a year of ICC and the joke that is Ruby Sanctum. Very few pieces have both Hit and ArP in ICC, and even less of that gear is actually any good.

I've saved some piece of gear that have crit/hit/ap (belt/staff/bow) instead of crit/arp/ap and i'll see when i get to lvl my hunter in cata how much hit i still need.

For me it's easy to get alternative gear, i don't raid 25m hardmodes (besides the ocasional 3/12 25m hm pug) so the best i have is 264gear anyway

And you can always gem/enchant a piece of gear while leveling, you will be mostly doing stuff 1/2 levels above you tops and you don't need hit cap for that.
    Start worrying about hit caps when you hit 85 and start running heroic dungeons/raids.

Quote Originally Posted by raid-beers View Post
    All your pretty epics become useless after level 82-82 at best
    You just keep on thinking that lol - might be true if you're in Uld gear or something. My Druid was still in 90% ICC gear @85. Not only does every quest NOT give you something for your class/spec it doesn't start becoming a solid upgrade unless it's a mid 80 blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Currently I'm sitting at a perfect 263 hit rating on my hunter, not specced into the hit talents.
    And seeing how Draenei will lose the + 1% hit aura buff (only applies to the player, not the group).. I should be good!

I picked up several Hit pieces because of the changes I knew were coming in the patch. When I got on the PTR I messed around with all of them and with just Reforging the gear I was already wearing. Reforging won out in every possible combination I tried. I reforged Crit on just a couple pieces that already had Haste on them and got Hit capped very easily. Swapping out a piece of Hit gear was always wose because the Crit or Haste already on the item was always lower.