Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cataclysm Hunters..

Soo lately some hunters that ive come across in game are complaining about how hunters are going to be the new "sucky" class when the changes are made to them. Personally I disagree and just think they will take some practice and getting used to the new system.

But I was curious what other fellow hunters may think?

Bad hunters will continue to be bad, good hunters will adapt. I love focus, but that's me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally i'm hoping the more complex playstyle will shrink the huge hunter population on my server
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

i dont think we will be sucky at all, but i do believe that a lot of hunters will find it more difficult to L2P their class again after the changes, compared to other classes.
    i know i will at least

Quote Originally Posted by Gildian View Post
    Bad hunters will continue to be bad, good hunters will adapt. I love focus, but that's me.
    This. Hunters have changed in every expansion, its nothing different than what is happening this expansion. I'm timid about focus because its a complete change from what I'm use to, but I'm interested to see how the implementation of focus will change the class.

I love every bit of the new focus change. The two main things I like the most is that when we change specs we only lose focus instead of our whole mana bar (not really anything huge, but just something that annoyed me) and we can't be mana burned anymore in cata! Rejoice!

don't see anything bad to changes
    numbers are still being scaled and even now hunters are pretty good at what they do best (dps duh ) on ptr :3
    I love new play style. mana bad mana go. Now I can finally make 'brutal physical classes trio' rogue hunter and war ^-^

p.s. well the baddest thing happening to us is I guess no more extreme soloing because our shiny pets no longer uncrittable well maybe they add this baseline to tenacity pets as to tanks
    Last edited by Bokrin; 2010-10-05 at 06:34 PM.

Like others have said, the ones who can't grasp the concept of focus and how it works/regens will fall behind quite quickly and hopefully learn or give up.
    I've played a hunter on PTR, though briefly, but it didn't feel awkward at all once you got the hang of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate Focus, I love Mana <3

But I am not giving up on my Hunter, it will take a lot to get used to the changes since I don't even like playing Rogue/Cat Druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mana sucked and ammo pouches sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    Mana sucked and ammo pouches sucked.
    Logical reason for getting rid of mana for hunters, is that we are not casters. However, we can now magically create arrows out of thin air.

I like focus and all of the changes to the main class, I am entirely unexcited by the changes to Marksmanship, however, and it's my preferred spec. The whole tree just bores me at this point. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Madrail View Post
    I like focus and all of the changes to the main class, I am entirely unexcited by the changes to Marksmanship, however, and it's my preferred spec. The whole tree just bores me at this point. Meh.
    Yeah I believe there was a blue post on the main page the other day that said survival was doing the most dmg in pve gear right now, yawn Survival is my least favorite spec.

I love surv
    at least this spec has some proc mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless08 View Post
    Logical reason for getting rid of mana for hunters, is that we are not casters. However, we can now magically create arrows out of thin air.
    Hahaha, I enjoyed reading this ^^

However, leveling as a hunter with focus is pretty hysterical now (at least at low levels). You can fire off 2 or 3 shots in a row with focus and things are dead before your pet can get there. I love it.

Hunters - awesome
    hunters in cata - awesome awesome
    questions? ^-^

Bad hunters will now no longer be able to hide behind doing static rotations and getting fairly decent numbers. Bad hunters will now be terrible, and everybody will be able to tell. That's it, basically.

well "survival of the fittest" fits well for hunter class ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Bokrin View Post
    p.s. well the baddest thing happening to us is I guess no more extreme soloing because our shiny pets no longer uncrittable well maybe they add this baseline to tenacity pets as to tanks
    I've been thinking about this and I'm not sure this is true even without making them uncrittable. We might not be able to tank current content regardless of gear anymore, but I think soloing will still be alive and well. Consider how much damage bosses do and consider our health pools plus the improvements to mend pet. I think we'll find it possible to continue to do the stuff we can do right now and that much of the stuff we can't do will be due to the ever increasing complexity of boss mechanics.

Deleted
    this.