Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Why only (playable) goblins?

I play myself both factions this is not a QQ festival...

But still i only see goblins getting a lot of more attention, including their presence in most of towns, getting their own towns and developing their lore.

While worgen until now are almost forgoten after they left gilneas.

And worse the draenei (one quest chain in swamp and sorrow not even forest song in ashenvale is a finished draenei town) and blood elves (got some new outposts and the reliquary)

Of these 4 races only goblin got interesting things in comparisson.

It will be far more interesting during the leveling experience especialy if you are of one of these forgoten races.

PS: The goblins in question is the HORDE goblins of kezan (Bilgewater Cartel) the playable goblins.
    Last edited by MeierLink; 2010-10-04 at 01:59 PM.

It's because Goblins were already well integrated into the game world, and also still are part of one of the largest neutral factions in-game.

Yeah, that´s really sad
    I would like to see Gilneas City and the Bilgewater Harbour as Mini-Capitolcities!
    And I really thought that there would be some Worgen architecture in some zones not two trees in a city and a zone and one little questhub. Goblins have more houses in some zones too, so, why not the Worgen too?
    And as a Draenei fan I assumed Forest Song to be updatet...and some new questhubs. But that was only a dream which will never come true.

@the one above me: Goblins lost their home and the island after that, so double-refugees and they got time to build a city in felwood?
    Last edited by Pamer; 2010-10-04 at 12:55 PM.

Goblins run the world.

As others have pointed out, Goblins are already a very pervasive race throughout Azeroth, Worgen, not so much. Worgen are more like the draenei, who don't have a significant presence on Azeroth because the only reason they're there at all is because of the crashed Exodar, and no matter how great Velen is, it's hard to create and run an entire nation from a single crashed ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamer View Post
    @the one above me: Goblins lost their home and the island after that, so double-refugees and they got time to build a city in felwood?
    I invite you to travel around the current live servers, and note just how many Goblins already are everywhere. That's what I was talking about.

because the playerbase of wow is nothing but pyros and opportunists and possibly a few twilight fans who think sparkly vampires are "cool"(they arent dracula is cool. Sparkly vampires just plain idiotic.)
    back to the point most people prefer to blow things to hell and blizzard is actually run by goblins because time is indeed money

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Deleted
    Bcz goblins have money duh?

As a race Goblins get around a lot. Worgen are more isolationist. Lorewise it makes perfect sense. (Also, how do you know that human you're talking to isn't a worgen!... *sinister music*).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    As a race Goblins get around a lot. Worgen are more isolationist. Lorewise it makes perfect sense. (Also, how do you know that human you're talking to isn't a worgen!... *sinister music*).
    he dont transform when i try to kill him
    hey i´d mate with Onyxia and now i have an army of Gnogons and Dralls

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    It's because Goblins were already well integrated into the game world, and also still are part of one of the largest neutral factions in-game.
    The goblins of Kezan (Bilgewater Cartel) are the horde goblins.

The goblins of Steamwheedle Cartel are the goblins we see today. Tanaris/STV/Winterspring/Dustwallow marsh.

Im not saying about the old goblins (still neutral) im saying about the new ones (the horde goblins). Who are new to kalimdor and eastern kingdons much like the worgen and draenei, blood elves are exception.

Worgen are human, and not their own time established race. Past their short seclusion from their other races, they wouldn't have anything different from other humans...Architecture ect.

Goblins are of massive population and very industrial.

Draenei and blood elves...the only guestimation I could give is both races would be of low population. Technically almost all the Draenei running around would have arrived on the Exodar (maybe a few picked up from Draenor) and they really haven't had time to reproduce a full generation (not that I know what a Draenei gestation period is, lol.) Blood elves were decimated, and spread thin between the factions in BC and Lich King.

Only good reasons I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyronius View Post
    Worgen are human(...)they wouldn't have anything different from other humans...Architecture ect.
    The architecture is very different I saw a lot of pictures.

Indeed.

And these differences are also present in the 2 kind of goblins (Steamwheadle and Bilgewater Cartel) these are like 2 diferente 'nations' of goblins. With different trade prince, architecture, affiliation etc..

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the 2nd war the gilneans have been holed up behind huge walls, the blood elves have been hiding in Quel'Thalas or scrapping for survivial after their city fell, and the draenei have been getting their asses handed to them by orcs in Draenor or trying to get their bearings after crashing on a Azeroth.

The goblins on the other hand have been trying to expand their cities (and markets) as far and as fast as they possibly can. Their very culture revolves around mindless and uncontrollable expansion. If anything, it looks like Azeroth is lackying in goblin outposts.

Worgen are human, and not their own time established race. Past their short seclusion from their other races, they wouldn't have anything different from other humans...Architecture ect.

Draenei and blood elves...the only guestimation I could give is both races would be of low population. Technically almost all the Draenei running around would have arrived on the Exodar (maybe a few picked up from Draenor) and they really haven't had time to reproduce a full generation (not that I know what a Draenei gestation period is, lol.) Blood elves were decimated, and spread thin between the factions in BC and Lich King.

Only good reasons I can think of.
    This. Draenei live very.. very....very long lives, and don't reproduce often. In fact there are several examples of human/orc/tauren/troll and even elf babies/children of both varieties throughout the game --- and only two draenei children. Dornaa and her brother. Both of whom are in outlands (though Dornaa is technically living with the shamans in Exodar now.) Obviously if you were a big enough lore nerd you could break down the mechanics, but generally speaking there are considerably less draenei babies being born then there are humans. On top of that, they're a lot like Night Elves in that it takes a VERY VERY long time for them to be considered 'Adult' by social standards of the race. Even Haak tapped into that when he wrote his Draenei priestess - saying that she had only very recently been pushed into adulthood, but looked like most other draenei.

Night Elves are 300 years old before they move out of mom's house. Draenei live 2500 years - which is 1500 year longer then mortal night elves (aka, post wisp explodee tree). It's safe to assume that Draenei are close to 400-500 or so years old before they're considered a legal adult, even if they LOOK the part (aka, 15 year olds who get you arrested for statutory rape! I thought she was 23 officer, I swear!)

Elves and Draenei are spread super thin already, so it's not terribly suprising that there aren't many blood elf/draenei outposts. It's understandable.

Worgen are just newly displaced, and they're isolationists. Gilnaens ALREADY don't like anyone. Now they're wolves on top of it. You're going to find a huge lack of settlements because they're not expansionists and don't really care to stick their necks out farther then is required for proper thanks. Sure we saved their asses, and they're grateful and a little bit ego-deflated.. but that doesn't mean they're not Gilnaens, and they'll do what they must to repay the alliance - no more, and no less.

Where as goblins, even this new faction of gobos, have been a living, breathing, money making industry since they found Kajamite and began thinking for themselves. They were once mindless creatures (kinda like kobolds) who worked for the trolls stuck on the island after the sundering. There are enough goblins, and they reproduce fast enough that they can have Goblin Sappers (Kamakazi bombers) for normal projects like mining. There are three times the amount of goblins in the world then every other race --- so we should all be thankful that they've decided to just take our money instead of take over the world ;p

It's Penguin Heaven, Dave. It's anywhere you want it to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed they could be different culture wise, and probably are. A gilnean quest hub could look interesting. But they have also not been traveling the world so much considering that they shut themselves in from the rest of the world. Not so surprising to me that we don't see a Gilnean town in the swamp of sorrows.

[QUOTE=Pamer;9002154]Yeah, that´s really sad
    I would like to see Gilneas City and the Bilgewater Harbour as Mini-Capitolcities!
    And I really thought that there would be some Worgen architecture in some zones not two trees in a city and a zone and one little questhub. Goblins have more houses in some zones too, so, why not the Worgen too?

1) Gilneas becomes a BG, The Battle for Gilneas. That is why it doesn't remain a capital.
    2) Until the Cataclysm Worgen were virtually unheard of and almost never seen in the world. You had a presence in Silverpine Forest, and a small presence in Grizzle hills, but that was it. Goblins, on the other had, are in virtually every zone. Furthermore Goblins already have three towns built, all but a different cartel.

10+ Year Old Account

Great explanation! I don't really see the worgans, really humans with an infection, as a completely new race but rather a tweak on a human - albeit a very cool tweak. I myself have played alliance for 1 year and as a member of the horde for 4 and I really with we had worgen available to us.

---------- Post added 2010-10-04 at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pamer View Post
    The architecture is very different I saw a lot of pictures.
    More Gothic. Probably from being in seclusion and not as modern as the rest of the human population. I do love the Gothic style - Halloween and Hallows End are my favorite in/out of game holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    1) Gilneas becomes a BG, The Battle for Gilneas. That is why it doesn't remain a capital.
    There will be no Gilneas City battleground, Blizzard messed up with it.