Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppincake View Post
    every old race need new models. fact.
    Agreed, some more than others (dwarves I'm looking at you).

Oh my, the typos are burning holes the size of Texas in my soul.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census...servertypeid=2

this is the right link to a proper census in Europe at least i guess that in US realms will be the same

Online Date:
    Total Characters: 503,698
    Showing Guild: All
    Total Alliance: 190,618 - 38%
    Total Horde: 313,080 - 62%
    A to H Ratio: 1 : 1.6

Considering for example my realm census you will understand why some alliance players are qqing

Total Alliance: 726 - 9%
    Total Horde: 7,675 - 91%

EU-Jaedenar

Alliance will resist!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    That's Alliance not Allinace (excuse the typo, i can't edit it out)

Worgen are really cool, but i dn't see any horde member giving up on the horde for it. I know many horde players will play a worgen character, but they will raid with their horde mains, and liekly level a goblin too.

Yes, alliance are out numbered by horde on most realms...nearly all pvp realms. check WG, some pve realms sitll have an alliance majority tho, but blizzard are aware that the horde is much larger, and are hoping worgen will be to the alliance what blood elves were to the horde. It won't happen blizz............monster races are cool and the cool kids play undead/troll/orc & worgen, the fan boys will play the pretty races, of which tbh only the blood elves are when you compare toon characters between different video games only blood elves seem to measure up.

3-6 years ago it was allinace majority, i know some players still think that more alliance players play than horde, trust me, go check on the majority ofrealms and ask which side dominates on your server, on most of them it is horde.

ONly 2 ways allinace will claw back members:
    1. MAke racials more even: not the same: Give alliance offensive/pvp racials, and give horde defensive/pvE based racials. They don't have to be the same thing at all, they just need to have an offensive minded racial like the orc /torll ones etc, so each race has 2 offensieve, 2 defensive.

2. Re-model: They need to make humans and night elves pretty for real, and with better animations and posture. Also they'd need tsome better modelling on dwarves and gnomes making them more distinct than just midget sized humans. They also need to increase the polygon count on orcs/trolls/forsaken/tauren but those do not need a complete remodel.

some players play blood elves only because they are the only pretty race, which shouldn't be the case, i don't mind that they're the pretiest, but in all fairenss, that should be blood elves and night elves. Humans look awful in wow, they need to look good, pretty per say, not as much as elves but nicer than theya re especialy males. then they need to fix the animations.

imo, racials and models will redress the balance. THEY DO SHOULD NOT make high elves playable, let them remain an unplayable alliance race. Fix humans and night elves instead.
    Generalisations fail

Who cares? Play what you want.

WTF is wrong with the OP here? How many servers have you taken statistics on? How many servers have you even ever played on? Let's look at this logically instead of the crazy kazoo you used to come up with your theories.

Lets take the top 10 servers for population. That would be:
    Emerald Dream
    Whisperwind
    Uldaman
    Cenarius
    Proudmoore
    Sen'jin
    Trollbane
    Blackrock
    Earthen Ring
    Kil'Jaeden

According to warcraftrealms, the only source we have for realm population that isn't based on some guy's mood at the time, these realms are about split between alliance and horde balance. Half of them are horde, half are alliance. Within those halves, half are Very overbalanced (more than 2x the members of the other faction). The total active population between those 10 realms is actually alliance heavy by 10%. Meaning there are 10% more alliance on the top 10 realms.

I could actually do more research and prove you even more wrong, but I am not the one making insanely outrageous claims. And GOD DAMMIT learn what a freaking spellchecker is, you couldn't finish one sentence without a misspelling...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daehin View Post
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census...servertypeid=2

this is the right link to a proper census in Europe at least i guess that in US realms will be the same

Online Date:
    Total Characters: 503,698
    Showing Guild: All
    Total Alliance: 190,618 - 38%
    Total Horde: 313,080 - 62%
    A to H Ratio: 1 : 1.6

Considering for example my realm census you will understand why some alliance players are qqing

Total Alliance: 726 - 9%
    Total Horde: 7,675 - 91%

EU-Jaedenar

Alliance will resist!
    That's PVP servers only by the way just to clarify. If you change server type to "all" the result is 53% ally, 47% horde for EU.

I've got 80's on 3 servers, every one of them is dominated by Alliance by a huge number.

Deleted
    You are all wrong. There are actually more alliance players than horde players. You didn't take Asian realms and US realms into account.

on your server, on most server it is the oppoiste, most have swung to horde majority especially on pvp realms, i really don't see worgen changing that, only model re-modelling and equal racials.

and TExar i don't think that is the only reason players play allinace.. i think it is the reason the gap is so huge. racials affecting pvp, community on horde, and apppearance is why people will not return to the alliance. if you make the aliance races look good again, namely human & night elf, remove some dumb ass animations, then make them equal racial wise, the pvp dominance will fade because of equal racials and they woul dhave some decent appearing options on the alliance that aren't quite eyesores.
    worgen may slightly change the numbers of horde / alliance in some realms. But in others the difference is too big as is. And even if some change to worgen? the horde will still stay in the majority.

You are all wrong. There are actually more alliance players than horde players. You didn't take Asian realms and US realms into account.
    that totaly depends on realm. I play in the US and my realm is probably a good 90% horde.

/facepalm... high elves are already a playable race! does Belf even say anything to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    OP: Alliance isn't popular now? So of the roughly 10M players worldwide, and let's just assume your grossly speculative estimations are correct, about 4M play Alliance. 40% isn't popular?
    "Let's eat Grandpa!"
    "Let's eat, Grandpa!
    PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES

According to Warcraft Realms - Taking into account all realm types unlike many posters here.

EU
    Total Alliance: 734,786 - 53%
    Total Horde: 642,014 - 47%
    A to H Ratio: 1.1 : 1

US
    Total Alliance: 848,522 - 50%
    Total Horde: 856,466 - 50%
    A to H Ratio: 1 : 1

The numbers are very close, so any justification based on individual realms/types of realms are totally biased and only using the fraction of the evidence that supports your "theory".

Therefore the entire point of this thread had been disproven, and is now utterly pointless.

So PVP realms justify your arguement but PVE realms dont count.
    Utter rubbish.

I am using US statistics on my previous post. Computernerd beat me to the posting, so here is just the total.

TOTAL
    Total Alliance: 1,477,900 - 51%
    Total Horde: 1,408,415 - 49%
    A to H Ratio: 1 : 1

So clearly alliance isn't popular. Clearly horde is the majority everywhere. FFS people.

i love the alliance from a lore prespective and i would love to roll a gnome mage..but i just cant deal with the pvp realm ratio(no pve servers are not my thing)...it quite sad really, i tried rolling on malganis and i got jumped by so many at a time it was impossible to lvl
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    monster races are cool and the cool kids play undead/troll/orc & worgen, the fan boys will play the pretty races, of which tbh only the blood elves are when you compare toon characters between different video games only blood elves seem to measure up.
    And here we see the troll, posting and getting people riled up. It seems to be working.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metian View Post
    There is only one little problem, you can't solve in a minute.

Alliance = Good, Horde = Bad. Some like to play a 'bad' side, with badass heroes and others like to play the 'good' side, and play with pony's and stuff.. or something..

You'll get the point.
    Well after Warcraft II they changed the Horde to the Good side with a Dark past.
    And Alliance became the partially corrupted but still good side.
    In the balance of it Horde and Alliance are as evil and as good as each other.
    There are mental war hungry on both allies and horde in equal parts, and the same for wimps and peacekeepers.

---------- Post added 2010-10-04 at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HeyJoe View Post
    Agreed, some more than others (dwarves I'm looking at you).
    I also agree That all player characters need new models, or at least a minor polygon increase.
    And nevermind dwarves, Tauren models are horribly pointy. The hair looks like it is made out trees.
    Last edited by GeorgeParty; 2010-10-04 at 05:00 PM.

Deleted
    You can have all dem belfes. Take em to the alliance I would be more then happy. I just love their death animation and hate just everything else about those hello kitty girls. They just dont fit into the beasty horde. Give us the worgen.

Deleted
    i would like to add that the current player ratio is 52%:48% alliance:hord total atm : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagfire View Post
    i would like to add that the current player ratio is 52%:48% alliance:hord total atm : /
    OMG A WHOLE TINY PERCENTAGE! I'm going to quit WoW now as it is imbalanced.