Hey PTR ppl what if you got more than 4k points

is 4.0.1 convert like say 500 emblem into like 7000 jp points? any cap

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We’ve revised the Justice Points conversion rate for Emblems of Triumph and Emblems of Frost. When the upcoming 4.0.1 patch goes live, these emblems will be converted into 11.58 Justice Points (up from the previously planned 2.75 Justice Points per emblem). Justice Points accrued above the soft cap of 4,000 will be converted to gold at a rate of 47.5 silver per point (down from 2 gold per point) when patch 4.0.3 goes live.

The original explanation thread (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=26850245012) and the subsequent conversion math update (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...&pageNo=10#184) have been updated to reflect these changes.

[...] The previous conversion rate was intended to devalue Frost and Triumph a bit to discourage some amount of farming and hoarding of points before the conversion, but then we came to the conclusion that no matter what we do people would be farming well above the softcap, and we shouldn't try to make it more difficult for them to do so.

i dont know why they scrapped the original idea of having the lower tier of points not have a cap on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post
    i dont know why they scrapped the original idea of having the lower tier of points not have a cap on it.
    i guess because that would mean if you farm like an idiot in wotlk you''ll get your cata gear before cata launches

10+ Year Old Account
    They are simply doing it for the current situation; come Cataclysm, things will most likely change.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Justice Points *will* be the higher tier of points until Cata launches as there will be no valor points possible until 12/7. So possibly the cap disappears then?

this will be when cata launches, so you can farm any amount of cata heroics and then it won't have cap, the 4K cap is for converting LK stuff to Cata stuff, the better pve and pvp points will have cap

i mean for 4.0.1 is anyone actually confirmed to be able to go over 4000 jp? prior to 4.0.3

I think he is asking about there is any limit BEFORE 4.0.3. Is stated that u will be allowed to convert more than 4.000 jp when 4.0.1 hits, to buy wotlk stuff, but they not said that will be a hard cap in 4.0.1 for this convertion.

I would like to know too, how much is worth to farm, to buy my t10 b4 cata.

Quote Originally Posted by maxvdakker View Post
    i guess because that would mean if you farm like an idiot in wotlk you''ll get your cata gear before cata launches
    If you noticed the list of gear you can get with justice points it's all lvl 85 gear. So don't expect to farm points and buy new gear and be using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turnale View Post
    If you noticed the list of gear you can get with justice points it's all lvl 85 gear. So don't expect to farm points and buy new gear and be using it.
    all triumph and frost gear is getting changed to cost jp in 4.0.1
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Priests will receive Blood Strike and the ability to wield two handed swords

Quote Originally Posted by rod_gomes View Post
    I think he is asking about there is any limit BEFORE 4.0.3. Is stated that u will be allowed to convert more than 4.000 jp when 4.0.1 hits, to buy wotlk stuff, but they not said that will be a hard cap in 4.0.1 for this convertion.

I would like to know too, how much is worth to farm, to buy my t10 b4 cata.
    The Frost to JP conversion is equal, in other words, the cost of something in Frost will be the same cost in JP after conversion. Where you'll get an advantage is that Triumph are being converted to JP, so you can essentially turn Triumph badges into T10. So if you need 60 Frost to buy something before conversion, 20 Frost and 40 Triumph will get it for you after the conversion. After the conversion, though, JP where you would've received Triumph will be reduced to coincide (I imagine).

TL, DR: Farm Triumph badges now.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    TL, DR: Farm Triumph badges now.
    This.

After 4.0.1 hits, all triumph becomes equal to frost. And there will not be immediate cap - only if you have more than 4000JP, you won't get any more from bosses/lfd, but you will not lose anything in conversion.

So, go and farm enough triumph to buy EVERYTHING.

Deleted
    use them to buy BoE thinkga(gems shit like that) and shell it.

Quote Originally Posted by lifesavers View Post
    all triumph and frost gear is getting changed to cost jp in 4.0.1
    I'm refering to "Cataclysm" gear for jp. You can't gear yourself with any before release or prior to 85.