What else needs to be done before release?

I thought I'd start a thread where we could come together and list the things that need to be done before release. I'm not talking about things we all wish would be there. I'm talking about things that truly need to be done before release. I'll start with the things I've noted.

Worgen Female dances
    Worgen running wild animations
    Worgen/Troll flight form and Moonkin models (the travel, tree, and aquatic models could just use the same generic ones Tauren and Night Elves use)
    Goblin mount options
    Several zones need completing and testing (Silithus, Arathi, Felwood)
    General tuning/balancing of abilities and talent trees (will go on even after release of course)
    Tuning of heroic mode dungeons
    Testing of all the new raids (they've done this for every raid since WotLK, likely for this expansion too)
    Goblin/Worgen models updated to wear helms

What else am I missing? There's alot of work that needs to be done. I'm sure some of this has already been tackled, just not in the beta yet.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 2010-10-04 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Deleted worgen female voices

10+ Year Old Account
    Tuning UP heroics*

Don't the female worgen already have voices? I've heard the sound files, most likely from a link on a thread here on mmo-champ somewhere. I would have though the worgen and trolls would get different flight forms and moonkin forms, but they probably won't anymore. I'm really looking forward to seeing what running wild will look like once they get around to implemention its animation. Another thread I read earlier today was saying the raids would be available in the near future for testing. So all in all most of these things are getting wrapped up and around 2 months til release is still quite a bit of time to get the rest implemented and tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Tuning UP heroics*
    I agree with you that heroics need to be harder than they were in WotLK. I got to level 80 a little late and didn't dare try the heroics until I'd done every regular dungeon at least once, thinking it would be similar to BC heroics. I was very wrong. By the time I did them, everyone had already started steamrolling them. I never really learned the mechanics for the fights because I found that reading about the strats before doing a heroic was just a waste of time. We could just AOE everything and tank & spank the bosses. It's funny when I do a heroic with a lesser geared alt, I sometimes die on things I've killed a hundred times because the bosses were never learned. This shouldn't be the case in Cataclysm. I'd go for a difficulty more like BC, where you needed to know the dungeon mechanics before trying the heroic version. That said, it still needs to be tuned so you can still use the dungeon finder and PUG them. There's a find balance between these two goals, and I hope they strike it.

---------- Post added 2010-10-04 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kosridge View Post
    Don't the female worgen already have voices? I've heard the sound files, most likely from a link on a thread here on mmo-champ somewhere. I would have though the worgen and trolls would get different flight forms and moonkin forms, but they probably won't anymore. I'm really looking forward to seeing what running wild will look like once they get around to implemention its animation. Another thread I read earlier today was saying the raids would be available in the near future for testing. So all in all most of these things are getting wrapped up and around 2 months til release is still quite a bit of time to get the rest implemented and tested.
    I heard the worgen female voices over a month ago, but that was before they implemented the more "savage" male voice for when you are in worgen form. I wasn't sure if the females would have a savage version too. If it has already been released, let me know.

-Nameplates bug needs fixing.
    Currently it's rather random what nameplates actually show up when you enable them. Enemies that run close to you will not get a nameplate at all unless you toggle nameplates on and off. The same goes for Allied characters.

-Inspect bug needs fixing.
    Currently you can inspect only one or two people before the system breaks entirely and you can no longer inspect until you've relogged.

The reason i mention these is because they're active right now in the "Release" build of the PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I heard the worgen female voices over a month ago, but that was before they implemented the more "savage" male voice for when you are in worgen form. I wasn't sure if the females would have a savage version too. If it has already been released, let me know.
    The savage male voices were added at the same time the normal ones were added.

Ah, you are right, they are on Youtube if you search for them.

I did a little searching on youtube and found it. I'm not terribly fond of the voice but not sure how to get a savage female voice and make it sound better. Here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpme5hu9gGk

I did a little searching on youtube and found it. I'm not terribly fond of the voice but not sure how to get a savage female voice and make it sound better. Here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpme5hu9gGk
    Sounds like Marge's sisters from The Simpsons.

I'm not involved in the Beta, but I can tell you some issues with the PTR as of a week or so ago. (Correct me if these have been fixed.) All issues were discovered while starting a fresh lowbie toon. I figured enough people were testing the higher stuff with pre-mades.

1. Some class trainers were missing spells to teach.
    2. Some class trainers had NO spells to teach.
    3. Spellbook was missing spells. Furthermore you were not notified when you leveled that those spells were available. The trainer, however, did have those spells.
    4. Warlocks receive a notification that they can control their pets, and a pet bar, at level 8. This lasts until the next combat, when the bar vanishes and does not return until level 10, which is when you should get it.
    5. Some NPC's now have a Rejuvenation heal. The Rejuvenation heals for an unusually high amount. Three ticks were healing an NPC from near death to full, with ticks to spare. (My mage, one level lower, was going mana dry before they died.)

As a side note, leveling a new toon (of any class) between 4.0.1 and 4.0.3 will be stupid easy...and thats without BoA's.

---------- Post added 2010-10-04 at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Sounds like Marge's sisters from The Simpsons.
    Selma, I believe is the character you are thinking of, and yes she does sound like Selma. Poor Totalbiscuit is going to have a fit when he hears it.