Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    And as I recall, the daily quest doesn't involve dog-fighting at all. Dog-fighting is a form of aerial combat, but not all aerial combat is dog-fighting.
    FWIW, you can definitely shoot down the other faction's infra-green planes, and if you do so, you get a buff that makes reference to dog-fighting (I don't recall the name atm). Of course, you're on a rail, so you could say that makes it not dog-fighting, but bomber gunners didn't control the flight of the plane either *shrug*.

As for people going "why do you need that many people in your guild?", they want that many. More importantly, it's limited based on characters, not members, so if people in your guild had an average of 4 alts, you'd max out at 120 people, which is not a very large number at all.

In regards to dance studio, I would of course rather have new content than new dances, but it would be a lot less painful to look at my human female if she didn't do the macarena.

And as for 4.0.1... Don't hate me, but I still need another week! Only two achievements left for the 10 man drake and I'm in a 25 man guild, so I have to keep my raid ID free for the guild.

They should've just replaced the Jewelcrafter quartermaster with a mailbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloren View Post
    And as for 4.0.1... Don't hate me, but I still need another week! Only two achievements left for the 10 man drake and I'm in a 25 man guild, so I have to keep my raid ID free for the guild.
    I am with you I still think 4.0.1 is next week.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by linadianna View Post
    Taint on Proudmoore is one of these guilds. They offer a place for GLBT players to get away from discrimination based on sexual orientation, among other things. I am a proud member of this guild and love the general hubub of being in such a large community. And no, guild chat does not resemble the matrix. It does scroll by rather quickly at times, but it has never been an issue as far as I know.
    Creating a regular chat channel and giving them the name of it would accomplish about the same thing. I would consider doing this and splitting the initial guild into sub-guilds (e.g. Taint Alpha, Taint Beta...) if Taint is concerned about not being able to welcome new members in the future. That way the guild(s) can still grow with the same new guild perks and everyone can still be part of the same overall guild community. The only real change would be chat color.

Blue has confirmed! that the patch is not this week. can't post the link here, so go look up in wow's customer service forum.

ah to bad about the blue post on no patch, the expanded maintance made me wonder if there was a fast one going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Creating a regular chat channel and giving them the name of it would accomplish about the same thing. I would consider doing this and splitting the initial guild into sub-guilds (e.g. Taint Alpha, Taint Beta...) if Taint is concerned about not being able to welcome new members in the future. That way the guild(s) can still grow with the same new guild perks and everyone can still be part of the same overall guild community. The only real change would be chat color.
    Creating chat channels does not work. Especially with a guild like Taint, where the nature of our community is no secret, trolls would abound in said channel and then the purpose of it would be defeated. Even if it was password protected, passwords get out. We've dealt with this issue a lot. We do, however utilize a mod that connects the different guild's chat channels into one big one. Still, this doesn't solve the problem of what to do when we've got 8 subguilds that are filling up with alts which are all on different levels of guild achievement. This was a bomb that was dropped on us, and with over five thousand members, and not being able to see all of those members in our guild pane as it is, moving people to appropriate guilds in a timely manner is going to be a nightmare.
    Last edited by linadianna; 2010-10-05 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toychristopher View Post
    Ghostcrawler's smiley faces are really starting to get on my nerves.
    It helps to picture Ghostcrawler as a really hot chick. That's what I do.

No patch this week, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by linadianna View Post
    Creating chat channels does not work. Especially with a guild like Taint, where the nature of our community is no secret, trolls would abound in said channel and then the purpose of it would be defeated. Even if it was password protected, passwords get out. We've dealt with this issue a lot. We do, however utilize a mod that connects the different guild's chat channels into one big one. Still, this doesn't solve the problem of what to do when we've got 8 subguilds that are filling up with alts which are all on different levels of guild achievement. This was a bomb that was dropped on us, and with over five thousand members, and not being able to see all of those members in our guild pane as it is, moving people to appropriate guilds in a timely manner is going to be a nightmare.
    Not to be offensive but it is a game, Blizzard is the developer and changes like this may discourage some from playing it for whatever reason. So maybe you need another game? Blizzard has their reasons for it I am sure. Plus they could enlarge that number in the future if their is enough QQ.
    Smile

Heh. My guild is actually affected by the new hardcap. Its cool though, gives me an excuse to be even more strict on character activity and raid attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerjesus View Post
    Not to be offensive but it is a game, Blizzard is the developer and changes like this may discourage some from playing it for whatever reason. So maybe you need another game? Blizzard has their reasons for it I am sure. Plus they could enlarge that number in the future if their is enough QQ.
    They've given a reason. Database optimizations for all the new guild functions. It's a nice solid technical reason. What we will most likely see is that stuff is going to be slower for a lot of these mega-guilds as the database servers have to work harder. The number could be raised in the future, but frankly it seems unlikely. It takes a *lot* of effort to load balance databases, and I don't see them putting in that kind of effort for a fraction of a percent of the population.

Ive logged in no patch :/

lol fail

yay raid testing soon

no more honor gems
    More honor weapons

Tomatoes

Deleted
    FAIL.

Explains the Goblins perfectly!

Deleted
    There is still honor gems.. iv said it already, PTR = bugged pvp vendors, all of them. They always always revert to there level 70 state on the PTR for some un-kown reason

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    owned would work nicely too...
    Anyone else noticed Dw's human form face on the volcano smoke at 0:10 on that video?
    I must be blind becuase i dont see his face sorry bruh

Picture is Armory.

Gief patch nao if it comes out next week, ima be pissed since thats when the local gathering ENDS <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    Finally, the awful ptr and beta rune strike is changed, now we only need runic corruption moved to tier 1 and we can actually tank in a viable way again.
    You have GOT to be kidding me. The most OP tank on ptr, and from what I've seen in vidoes and talk on the beta too is QQing. Wow, just fcking wow.