Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    And as you're sipping your cocoa some of us will be dinging 82 and running non-heroic 5 mans to get some cool gear and a feel for the new environment. Later, on our second week of raiding, while you are looking at making some crumpets and tea the and dinging 83, some of us will be well into our second reputation grind for the "coolest mount" or what have you. Neat. We all have our preferences, don't try to trivialize someone else's fun with snide comments.
    And who's going to care? Well, you will, and maybe your four friends you're running your dungeon with.

But honestly, if you're dinging 82 by say 11am on release day, are you really having fun? I'm sure Blizzard will be happy that they did two years of work on the game, just so you could discard all of it.

But hey - the sooner you blitz your way through, the sooner you'll be back on here, whining about how you've seen everything and done everything and why doesn't Blizz put out some new content already!!!!!!!one

10+ Year Old Account
    Freezing my gnomernutz off with all the other dorks, standing outside the Quickie Mart... err... Game Stop.

Have to be playing by 1am or I turn into a pumpkin.
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

Oh my gosh, I just realized that Cata comes out during dead week for me.

Bitchin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Nastydeath View Post
    Does every gamestop do a midnight release?...or should i call mine
    I don't think every GameStop does. Best to check with yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    But honestly, if you're dinging 82 by say 11am on release day, are you really having fun? I'm sure Blizzard will be happy that they did two years of work on the game, just so you could discard all of it.

But hey - the sooner you blitz your way through, the sooner you'll be back on here, whining about how you've seen everything and done everything and why doesn't Blizz put out some new content already!!!!!!!one
    Well it's a long shot but maybe he's in beta and has had the last month, including the next two, to experience the quests and lore. I myself plan to race to 85, since I have the week off, know the story/lore, and tons of people are claiming they can't play due to school, so I think this will be my best chance to try.
    "The Tol'vir people must be really shy considering they don't ever speak to us.." -Zneebor LOL

Whenever my digital download is ready to play, I'll be playing. Hopefully they allow ample time for the game to be downloaded prior to release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    And who's going to care? Well, you will, and maybe your four friends you're running your dungeon with.

Some people enjoy racing to level cap and that does not necessarily mean they're ignoring the content they're playing through, although some do. Personally, I'll be playing asap, and leveling very quickly while paying attention to the content. For WotLK, I was in in beta for most of it. I started leveling my main at 10am the day of release and still managed to be one of the first 80s on the server. I didn't complain about a lack of content on the forums and I quit the game when I was thoroughly bored without making an issue of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    You think its worth pre ordering now or waiting until november atleast?
    I "preordered" Wrath about 3PM the day it was released at midnight. I don't see any need to get in a big rush.

Deleted
    When BC was launched I saw on the news that there were massive lines of ppl all around the world, I went into my local game store, found the game, stood behind 1 person, bought it, played it. WLK i downloaded :P

Quote Originally Posted by Katanasteel View Post
    Well for Wotlk my friends and I went out to a Hooters and had all you can eat wings and beer before heading out to the local Gamestop. While enjoying my delicious poultry, I browsed the wonderful view and noticed a $50 staring up at me from the floor. With true rogue fashion I picked it up without being spotted. It is with that bill that I bought my Wotlk expansion pack.

I'm hoping to relive that again this time around.

Epic. I wish I had less of a lame story.
    Gorzan, Death's Demise

Real men don't make posts about deathwing being bolvar being lavaman being lich king being Ner'Zhul being Kael'thas brought back by Putricide in Hoggers body with gamon's rage

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about getting to 85 faster for me, it's about that first day, that new car smell if you will...

Getting into the new zones and getting a dozen quests ahead of the rest of the mob for a few (10-12) hours anyway.
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebald View Post
    It's not about getting to 85 faster for me, it's about that first day, that new car smell if you will...

Getting into the new zones and getting a dozen quests ahead of the rest of the mob for a few (10-12) hours anyway.
    It's the virtual t-shirt that says, "I survived the Cataclysm lag-storm, 12/07/2010."

I'll probably do the same thing I've done with every version of WOW. On the morning of the release date I'll head to Target before work, pick up one of the hundreds of copies nobody is waiting in line for then play it when I get home.

Honestly people, Target=win if you don't want to pay Gamestop "reservation" fees or risk slow digital downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by haglowicz View Post
    It's the virtual t-shirt that says, "I survived the Cataclysm lag-storm, 12/07/2010."
    Real men endure the lag.

But yeah, I'm waiting a couple of weeks before I level anything past 80. I'll let all the foolish fools have their realm first 85 achievements that mean absolutely nothing while I'm sippin' a daiquiri and leveling through the old world.

Didnt pre-order Wotlk, so i had to check alot of stores before i got a copy, probably about a week after the release. This time i wont be that stupid, ill either order it from amazon or pre-order in a local store.

Oh and, at Midnight ill be sleeping or just doing smth at home. Wont go to any events, cus here, there arent any events. I dont think the stores are even working at midnight here, nobody really cares that its Cataclysm release.