Poll: Do you remove insignias?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Because it still left me with questions. Why remove them for money? It's like 30 silver. Why remove them so they can't see what we're doing? There's nothing they can do about it. Why remove it so they can't rez at their corpse? People rarely do that nowadays.
    Still....why. I MEAN WHY!

I do it simply because I can, no real reason behind it, maybe it's an old habit from AV.

back in the day it was pretty cool - because it was new; personally i have never seen anyone run back as corpse - even in AB; the only guy i ever saw it was a druid back in mid-tbc and he did it so he could grab the flag in wsg and surprise the defenders

Deleted
    Back when WG was available to everyone I went there as I leveled alts, my first time there was at 10~ and by the time I reached 70 I had around 100 marks. Since I couldn't do shit at low level I just ran around and removed insignias, I never sent any gold to that char but still had sick amounts of gold

I usually remove insignias in AV if I'm at the two first levels of AV (51-52, 61-62 etc). I never do it at 80 though.

Deleted
    You're attacking a base in AB, you fight the guard,let's say you're a decent match for eachother but you do win with a handfull of hp. Your enemy dies and you start capping the base.

Now most enemies don't run to their corpse and ress but stare at the 20 second resscountdown instead, but once in a while you might run into someone smart enough to do so. He might ress and win round two,making your struggle for the base a waste of time, had you just bothered you might have stopped him in time.

Besides,why NOT? It's free money, if there's nothing else around there's no reason not to. Especially for the pure pvpers, all those 30 silvers start adding up, even without WG.

Deleted
    For the money!

Deleted
    I never remove them, dont see the point.

FEAR NOT I AHVE THE ANSWER no srsly, the only reason to remove insignias is to prevent self rezzing so if u kill a shaman and they dont release and watch you thyre planning on reincarnating to knock you off that cliff trust me ive done it. so straight answer removing the insignia dosent allow players that are able to self rez to self rez. when im on my shammy if u dont remove it i make you pay unless reincarnate is on cooldown.

another way i use them is to spite and mess with people that piss me off in bg's you know those little rivalries that form between certain players removing the insignia also servers as that extra FU while waiting to rez i know it pisses me off when i realease and i read "your insignia has been removed"
    Last edited by aldar; 2010-10-06 at 12:29 AM.

I HATE people who remove insignia's. i picture the smug look on their face as they take my precious insignia. only BG i do it in (and this is extremely rare) is WSG when they are in the flag room, and AB when they are about to cap a flag.

other than that its just an infuriating annoyance.

Just instinctive I guess, so use to looting monsters after killing them that I do it to players too.

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    I HATE people who remove insignia's. i picture the smug look on their face as they take my precious insignia. only BG i do it in (and this is extremely rare) is WSG when they are in the flag room, and AB when they are about to cap a flag.

LOL when i remove insignias i have that same smug smile your picturing espically if its a good and close fight or i 2v1 someone, and i picture it on other people when they remove mine espically if thet get backup just as there about to die

10+ Year Old Account
    You answered why you should remove insignias in your second paragraph. It's not just Arathi Basin that it's useful. In AV somebody is assaulting your tower, you kill them, recap the tower, don't remove insignia. They no longer have to sneak through all the defense to recap, they can rez with 50% health and/or mana and ninja it back.

Oh and 70s for about 1 second of time isn't too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post

Haha I've actually never thought of it like this. I am just thinking about the loot! Wintergrasp and Alterac Valley in particular.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, for silver mostly. 10s adds up for every corpse of every bg you'll ever play. Theres no reason not too, its a second of your time. And especially for Locks and Shamans. I play a Hunter so I can spot a Feign Death a mile off.

insignias in wintergrasp are actually worth money ! usually more then 1 gold per "skin"

I tend to find in alot of well made premades 1 person well run to the enemy base and get purposefully killed. they then can stay dead and relay info to the rest of the team about where people are hiding, how many enemies at flags etc. sometimes it's pretty successful, because noone removes their insignia, and the team wonders how the opposition knows where they are.

i take insignias off anyone that dies and lays around for anymore then 10 secs.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I only remove them when we are fighting on the flag in like AB and instead of rezing they could run back to their body and stop me from capping that's usually the only time I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Occasionally, theres someone who I don't want to res at their corpse, so I remove it. But most of the time, the only reason I remove their insignia is because they were irratating, and removing their insignia is the closest thing I have to spitting in their face. ^^
    QFT
    This is the reason, anything else said is false.

Did they change the death system from back when I PvPed? Used to be you could just sit in your body after you were dead, relaying vital movement information to your team. Does PvP auto-release your spirit now?

That's the REAL reason to remove insignias, to give kind of a "fog of war" effect on the other team so they can't see what's going on where that fight just transpired. The gold is just an incentive to do so.