Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gron_c View Post
    i mean SOME people think cata will suck
    Also i got another question why some people say that wotlk sucks too?
    i started to play since wotlk so i dont know anything about vanilla or TBC and imo i think wotlk was ok.

PD: Excuse my bad english :$
    You're bad english is forgiven and this post will be honest and not a troll post. People think WOTLK sucked because it ruined alot of the WORLD feeling of world of warcraft, now it's becoming much more of a laidback casual facebook game that lacks the open vastness it used to have when everything was part of a seamless world. However, it's still a good game and I don't think alot of the hate is truly justified, alot of is but alot of it is misplaced. Another reason alot of people are down on CATA is because blizzard was a company that used to be truly innovative. Anything they did, basically was going to be years ahead of the competition and define cutting edge. Ever since about halfway through WOTLK for one reason or another, the innovation has taken a wrong direciton. It's creating innovative ways (dungeon finder, frost badges) to make the game easier and more accessible, but the innovative gameplay hasn't been changed in eons. Cata, granted I think it looks great, looks like more of the same and very little on the department of pushing the MMO genre forward. Granted, if it isn't broke don't fix it and I'll admit that CATA looks like fun so I won't bash it at all but compare it to future next generation MMO's like SWTOR, GW2, TERA, etc and the changes for cata look underwhelming. Disappointed is the wrong word for CATA since we all know it will be fun and more of the same, but it's definitely underwhelming when you think of how much more they can do and what these other future games are bringing to the MMO genre. Either way, CATA will bring some things to WoW both positive and negative and hopefully you will continue to enjoy CATA the way you enjoyed WOTLK, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by willjones410 View Post
    The only people I've seen who claim that Cataclysm is going to suck are either trolls or people that TotalBiscuit lovingly calls "Bleeding-heart entitled casuals". Those who are upset that Heroics aren't going to be faceroll anymore and free-to-get epics won't be available anymore. The vast majority of the players are more excited about Cataclysm than I've seen them for Wrath or BC.
    This.

Another way of looking at it...

Wrath: You could level through dungeons. By the time you hit 80 you probably already had enough emblems to buy your first T-9 piece. You could farm the rest of the T-9 set in a week, playing casually, by running heroics. And heroics in Wrath were a joke. Everything could be outgeared and most mechanics could (and were) be ignored.

Cata: As it stands you have to do things in steps. Run normal dungeons until you have enough gear to try heroics. Heroics will actually be difficult. There will be mechanics that can kill you, regardless of gear. If you don't pay attention, use CC and some brains, and understand your class, you WILL FAIL.

The people that you hear complaining, are the people who love to hit one button (the AoE one) and then spam the damage meter. They're also the hunters that stack Expertise, or the Feral Druid DPS jumping to bear form just so he "can use swipe" (because the idiot doesn't realize kitty form has a swipe too).**

**I have seen both of these fail examples in action.

tons of ppl ive heard say its gonna suck for the few reasons they just haveint looked into.

1. they not knowing whats gonna happen to the trees. they just thinking they lose 20 points thats it.
    2. no more heroic strike and theres nothing to compensate for that!
    3. ret palas are way underpowered on the beta! QQ
    4. expencive!
    5. only 5 lvls up!
    6. gear is gonna be replaced to fast for useless greens.

make fun of all these comments whatever yo uwant. i heard em all and i made fun of every single one of em ^^

Quote Originally Posted by gregd888 View Post
    Cataclysm pve is about 100x harder than wotlk pve, when you're doing heroics in a pug you'll most likely wipe at least 10+ times and a lot of the time you'll wipe on trash too.

The only thing I'm worried about in cataclysm is pvp but I think it will turn out good too.
    I'm glad I can have a rating in bgs. Arena was the worst idea they have come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladilena View Post
    That's funny, because I've mostly seen the "hardcore" people (or at least people claiming they are hardcore but really aren't) on these forums complaining that Cataclysm is just going to be Wrath 2.0.
    That's weird because i havent seen one self-proclaimed "hardcore" player complain about cataclysm, but have heard many of the "Bleeding-heart entitled casuals" troll this to death, nothing much a hardcore player can complain about

---------- Post added 2010-10-06 at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by axelnomnom View Post
    I'm glad I can have a rating in bgs. Arena was the worst idea they have come up with.
    Although im looking forward to Rated BG's, Saying Arena was the worst idea they have come up with is stupid, competitive arena was/is extremely fun. Let's just hope i get to vs you alot in rated BG's =S

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only people I've seen complaining about Cataclysm are the bads that want to pug everything and be able to faceroll it, and the ignorant people who judge the expansion without looking at the facts provided to them on any WoW news site.

I haven't seen any actual casuals complaining. Only bads.
    ( they aren't the same btw )

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    I havnt seen anyone say it sucks until now tbh.
    damn I want the old Honor Gear to be Heirlooms like your sig.

but anyway.

The reason I am not liking CAT as much, is simply do to the fact that little (TRUELY NEW) features were added that seem to a major change other than Guild LvLs.

Everything else is a been there/ Done that before, expect with a different skin.

Iam not hyped. But does Blizzard really need hype and new features to get its players to buy the x-pac?

nope.

I not hyped, yet I will be buying the X-pac, because I want to continue to develop my characters like I have always.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellihs View Post
    That's weird because i havent seen one self-proclaimed "hardcore" player complain about cataclysm, but have heard many of the "Bleeding-heart entitled casuals" troll this to death, nothing much a hardcore player can complain about

---------- Post added 2010-10-06 at 01:16 AM ----------

Although im looking forward to Rated BG's, Saying Arena was the worst idea they have come up with is stupid, competitive arena was/is extremely fun. Let's just hope i get to vs you alot in rated BG's =S
    It was terrible because you weren't free to choose your comp and the flavor of the month would dominate you. And if you were something like a ret pally you were doomed from the get go. I still think it was a bad idea. See you on the battlefield

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    damn I want the old Honor Gear to be Heirlooms like your sig.

but anyway.

The reason I am not liking CAT as much, is simply do to the fact that little (TRUELY NEW) features were added that seem to a major change other than Guild LvLs.

Everything else is a been there/ Done that before, expect with a different skin.

Iam not hyped. But does Blizzard really need hype and new features to get its players to buy the x-pac?

nope.

I not hyped, yet I will be buying the X-pac, because I want to continue to develop my characters like I have always.
    Like..

Archaeology
    Completely revamped talents
    Completely revamped stats
    Mastery
    Completely revamped leveling experience
    Reforging
    Goblins + Worgen

The only thing you could be right about is path of the titans, but that was removed for understandable reasons.

To OP, You can't really say you think wotlk was okay because you only played during that time. Wotlk sucked because any 6 year old could get to 80 and be in full epics by the end of the day, just by facerolling. Those same 6 year olds are upset because cata is going to change that, and that is why people are saying it sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't please all of the people all of the time. Find me something that makes EVERYBODY happy, and I'll be absolutely amazed. There's always going to be somebody saying it sucks just for the sake of saying it-- Or because they expected better-- Or because they wanted ONE thing, they didn't get it, so it all sucks. People are fickle. All that matters is that you like it.

I played BC, and WotLK, and all through out everybody's been complaining about one thing or another. These are the same people who have said "o ya wrath is gonna SUCK man im totally quitting and playing warhammers lulz you shouldd come wit", ect, ect..

I enjoy this game a lot. I've enjoyed BC, I've enjoyed Wrath, and if the pattern continues? I'll enjoy Cataclysm.
    Level 85 Illithid Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Everything is too easy, so you're stuck next to complete retards trying to complete end-game content because that's what a large portion of the playerbase has become due to laziness. People that can't be bothered to move out of fire. People that can't be asked to understand their class.

It boils down to: Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

On a side note players are increasingly unhelpful to each other, inspiring an attitude of hostility rather than "let me see if we can work together to get better results".

The problem isn't evident at all while questing, but the laziness can be seen in current heroics and the problem is most evident in raids.
    I think I love you.... >.>

Come to my server and blow it up.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make Lemonade! You make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons!" - Cave Johnson

No one is saying that Cata is going to suck. Compared to WoTLK, Cata will be salvation.

Stop making bull**it threads like this just to stirr up some flaming/unnecessary discussion.

ok now i get it ¬¬
    thanks for answering
    Quote Originally Posted by brabal View Post
    tons of ppl ive heard say its gonna suck for the few reasons they just haveint looked into.

1. they not knowing whats gonna happen to the trees. they just thinking they lose 20 points thats it.
    4. expencive!
    5. only 5 lvls up!

make fun of all these comments whatever yo uwant. i heard em all and i made fun of every single one of em ^^
    ^ im not alone

About the the post above i made this thread cuz i had a doubt and i just wanted to get rid of it. in my case i haven't saw a thread with this (i didn't browse)
    Last edited by gron_c; 2010-10-06 at 01:40 AM.

"Everyone" is actually a very obnoxiously paranoid vocal minority.

Other than that, I've seen universally good expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by brabal View Post

4. expencive!
    5. only 5 lvls up!

Judging by your spelling and your reasoning, you're one of those 6 year olds I mentioned in my earlier post.

Really, even all of the "new" things that we're getting can't overshadow the fact that it's a FIVE YEAR OLD GAME! The difficulty will make a good chunk of the player base frustrated at wiping for an hour then wasting a lockout (oh how I don't miss that), but it does make the game feel like you're actually progressing again instead of being god mode. So it's back to the BC way of doing things partially. New races are interesting but are essentially just another rep, more mounts and different racials. The wrath style of questing has been expanded to the entire game, which is a wonderful addition but the quests still don't feel cool anymore. It's still kill this, gather that, wish item X, Y and Z drop in some sort of convenient fashion; frankly this feels dated. The entire game feels dated.

This is the part of the post most will skip:
    I've gone back to playing GW1 because it doesn't feel dated, the elite dungeons are elite. My skill feels like it matters more than what I wear/ how lucky I am. (which is what turned me off of raiding, sure it's fun but all people care about when judging a casual, which is what I am, is gear [btw I tanked the first half of ulduar without reading a single strat, watching a single video, in naxx 10/ heroics gear and only about 28k hp) What I'm trying to say is that WoW hasn't really aged well, compare its questing structure to modern SPRPG's they actually make you feel like you're a hero instead of just telling you, which is what Cata does in every stinkin zone.

edit:
    I'm in the beta as well.

because they thought WotLK sucked, and are simply not very optimistic. as soon as they heard "level cap raised to 85" they found their first thing to complain about, and have been whining every since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Because people that hate things like to tell other people that they hate it, so people "care" about it.

If people think something is awesome, its too much work to tell other people its awesome.

Thus, it is perceived that everyone hates everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshun View Post
    Because people that hate things like to tell other people that they hate it, so people "care" about it.

If people think something is awesome, its too much work to tell other people its awesome.

Thus, it is perceived that everyone hates everything.
    Something along these lines.

If people want something changed, they'll QQ for 100 pages.

If they are happy with the way the game is, THEY'LL PLAY THE GAME.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines