Cata: Trap Launcher, & macros involving traps

With the PTR up and 4.0.1 drawing closer to live I've started to go back and look at my old keybinds and macros. Some wont be needed anymore, but others like this one don't work as intended, they provide no apparent reason to why they don't. The only message it give is, You cant do that yet.

Here is a example
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Ice Trap(Frost);Freezing Trap(Frost)

It works perfectly except for one thing, it require trap launcher to be active to use.

Heres another example

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Freezing Trap(Frost);Deterrence

The deterrence part works fine, the trap part again requires trap launcher.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm not running any addons, everything is completely base ptr.
    Is there a new command that I'm missing? is blizzard unaware of this problem?
    The only other alternative is that my code is wrong, if so please correct me. If there is something that ive missing about the new Macro system please, correct me.

If no one can tell me whats up ill try an fraps and youtube upload for greater explanation. Ive tryed looking at WoW.com, everyone must be busy because no one has replied.

It appears that there are two different spells on most traps now, one that drops it at your feet and one with an identical name that launches it up to 40 yards when used after Trap Launcher. Here is an example, read the tooltips.

http://cata.wowhead.com/search?q=fre...trap#abilities

For some reason when it's called through a macro it tries to use the "launcher" version of the spell for almost all the traps. Snake Trap is the only one that works correctly. It's a bug on Blizzard's end that they are going to have to figure out how to fix, because even though both spells have different IDs there is no way to cast a spell by it's ID.

You can still drag the trap spells from your spellbook onto your bars and they will work fine, but not through a macro for the moment.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

because even though both spells have different IDs there is no way to cast a spell by it's ID
    Are you sure about that? I thought you could do that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Mmhm, casting spells by ID is restricted to blizzard protected code, so report as a bug and wait until they fix it.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is aware of this bug - it's affecting Druids while in Tree of Life form on the PTR/Beta, who have macros that cast Lifebloom. When in Tree of Life, there's a DIFFERENT spell called "Lifebloom". The macro tries to cast the normal one, but can't because the druid is in ToL, and then errs out.

Blizzard is working on this, because it affects many different spells currently (due to same names, shifted forms, etc).

Thank you all for posting. I really appreciate your answers and I'm glad to know that its being fixed, however it kind of saddens me that my post on worldofwarcraft.com didn't even get some much as a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    Thank you all for posting. I really appreciate your answers and I'm glad to know that its being fixed, however it kind of saddens me that my post on worldofwarcraft.com didn't even get some much as a reply.
    Tell me about it, when asking for clarification on other issues I had the same issue with my post being bypassed in favour of things already covered dozens of times previously.