Thread: Relics?

Relics?

I don't quite get relics in Cataclysm. I understand that in the current system, Druids, DKs, Paladins, and Shamans have their "relic" slot instead of a ranged/throwing weapon, or a wand, but what about this?: http://cata.wowhead.com/item=64672
    I see just "RELIC". Is that going to only be for the above 4 classes, or does everyone get a new Relic slot in Cataclysm?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    the relic items, just like that one you linked will be usable by druids, death knights, shamans and paladins. no one els.

they've just merged sigils, librams, relics and totems into one kind of item

good find. they are probably making it like wands or bows

So I ask you: Why don't clothies do away with wants and just get relics??? Wands are essentially the same exact thing...
    Same thing with Ranged/Throwing weapons for Warriors and Rogues (well, kinda not so much for rogues since Deadly Throw exists for PvP)

Does anyone even USE a wand anymore?
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

totem, idol, librams and relics get stats instead of a "funktion" as it it now.

Think statstick, like the weapon for a feral druid, or staff for a mage.

And remember now, beta is beta !

they plan to turn all relics into a stat stick so you'll find some with int on them, and some with str and some with agi, think of it like the bow/gun in wotlk, some are more attractive to certain class/spec combinations than others

Are they planning on making wands the same too? As in the same amount of stats and such, or take a penalty for it being able to shoot a useless bolt of magic?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Are they planning on making wands the same too? As in the same amount of stats and such, or take a penalty for it being able to shoot a useless bolt of magic?
    Ofcourse wands will give less stats because some of the item points are spent on dps on that item.
    History of Illumination

Patch 4.1.0 (2010-10-XX): This talent is gone...
    Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This talent now returns 30% of the mana cost of the spell instead of 60%.
    Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): This talent now only gives 60% of the mana cost of the critical heal.
    Prior to Patch 2.1.0, Illumination granted a 100% mana gain after a related crit

15+ Year Old Account
    That relic will get snapped up by boomkins and ele shamans most likely and possibly healers, although unless im much mistaken healers will be wanting to stack spirit.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Blizzard's really that dumb to think we still use wands to attack with?

This is why I want a relic instead >:|

It's a LOT like tier now, if you think about it. A drop from the boss...

Rogues/Warriors/Hunters Ranged (with some exceptions)
    Priest/Mage/Warlock Wands
    Pallies/Druids/Shamans/Deathknights (with some exceptions)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post

Does anyone even USE a wand anymore?
    I'm pretty sure wands are great for leveling a priest.
    ~Alexstrasza runs in, gets frozen for the ENTIRE battle then realizes she can breathe fire, jumps out, lets YOU kill him, then steals the spotlight with the whole BRAVE SOLDIERS THANK YOU FOR AIDING ME crap and goes on her merry way.
    Then again THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A EARTH ASPECT But then thrall GASP Takes Deathwings chin and becomes the new NELTHRALLION!

~Edit~ My past self must be some sort of a prophet.

Deleted
    Wands and trowing weapons still get used in pvp.