Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

No hit buffs come 4.0.1?

OK so I started talking with a few guildies about the new patch coming out possibly on the 12th and looking at my gear and sorting out what gear I want and what gear to reforge etc.

Now one mentioned that we will no longer have the 3% hit debuff that we currently have on live. I checked the shadow priest talents and sure enough no misery thus no 3% hit from them.

So the question is, are we now going to need to gear for the full 17% hit for locks?

10+ Year Old Account
    All +hit talents, buffs and debuffs are being removed. Reforge that Spirit to Hit and Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    All +hit talents, buffs and debuffs are being removed. Reforge that Spirit to Hit and Mastery.
    if you look at DPS talents, Spirit now provides hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
    if you look at DPS talents, Spirit now provides hit.
    Only if you're a Leather or Mail wearer. This is a Warlock forum, we don't get those talents.

Only for boonkins priests and ele shamies.

Will the hit cap still be 17% in Cata?

Deleted
    yes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Will the hit cap still be 17% in Cata?
    It will obviously be alot higher ratings then at 80 though

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to break it to you.

But YES, you need to hit the cap (pun intended) by yourself.

And every single tier will require more hit, so hold on to your non-hit items if you plan on farming lower tiers.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

15+ Year Old Account
    Reforging will also come with 4.0.1, so you will be able to switch some stats to +hit to have your cap.

Personnaly, I wait for reforging to lower my hit rating... too much hit on every of my characters...

Quote Originally Posted by Modify View Post
    It will obviously be alot higher ratings then at 80 though
    http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t29453-c..._85_cataclysm/
    Spell Hit rating per 1%
    80 26.232
    81 34.4448
    82 45.2318
    83 59.4204
    84 78.0218
    85 102.446

ouch....1741.582 hit rating to be capped at 85 :S That's going to be a pain.

Guess I all can say is I'm glad im horde and not allies, they have to find 4% more as opposed to our 3% more (Horde).

Time to log into the beta and find out what to mess around with then Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    ouch....1741.582 hit rating to be capped at 85 :S That's going to be a pain.

Guess I all can say is I'm glad im horde and not allies, they have to find 4% more as opposed to our 3% more (Horde).

Time to log into the beta and find out what to mess around with then Thanks all
    Space squids also lose their hit racial.

Edit: Misread, but i don't think this will affect alliance any differently.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Space squids also lose their hit racial.

Edit: Misread, but i don't think this will affect alliance any differently.
    only difference is the racial that space goats give no longer exists so they need to find an additional 1% hit.

After messing around on the beta I found just a simple regemming for hit in sockets that where the right colors and some simple reforging got me to 17% with enough room for mastery. Unsure about int gems Vs Mastery gems but will look into that later in the week.

Don't forget that the required hit rating will go up with every new raid.

Regem your 12SP + 10 spirit gems in 20 hit, as hit gems will now be blue.
    If your still a few rating below, just reforge your spirit gear/crit into some hit.
    www.scrubbusters.com/ Currently World 12th 6/6hc
    ★★★twitch.tv/hyperia★★★ - Weekly raiding blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    only difference is the racial that space goats give no longer exists so they need to find an additional 1% hit.

After messing around on the beta I found just a simple regemming for hit in sockets that where the right colors and some simple reforging got me to 17% with enough room for mastery. Unsure about int gems Vs Mastery gems but will look into that later in the week.
    Sure about that? Last time i heard spacegoats +hit just affected themselves and not the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruth View Post
    Don't forget that the required hit rating will go up with every new raid.
    Sure about that? I thought all boss level mobs were a certain level above the max... think 3 levels iirc... i.e. boss in Naxx is equal to a Boss in ICC with regards hit rating needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that we should worry about the hit talents that are going away because raids aren't exactly important at this point of the expansion and when finally cataclysm hits we won't start fighting 83 mobs(or raid bosses) but lvl 81 mobs instead .. and we don't need "that" much hit to lvl .. and I hope that the new questing gear will help overcome some of the missing hit we need when the ratings start to rise ...