The Agi on my gear....

So I have a quick question regarding my leather pieces and Agi necks/rings/OH weapon/ranged weapon, Am I totally screwed with the AP disappearing from gear when 4.0.1 goes live? And I do apologize if this has been said 1,000 times already. I did a mmo-search and googled it, but I can't find anything regarding Agi specifically, only the mountains of threads about ArP. And taking my warrior Fury is only a recent development, so I haven't been following the changes like I have for other classes/specs.

Simply put we take the Agi pieces for the better stat itemization, but with AP dropping from gear (and as far as i know we aren't getting AP from Agi in Cata), my AP is gonna drop significantly? Yes my crit will probably go through the roof with the ArP conversion, and I know we will presumably like haste, but is the drop to AP gonna totally counter that?

Thanks much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

yep pretty much, better start finding str plate gear to replace it (after all, you get 5% str from it)
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

Deleted
    Alot of the items will be easily upgradable so i wouldnt worry yourself to much. Though it would be a good idea in the time running up to 4.0.1 grab some plate items as replacements.

That's kinda what I figured, but I was hoping I was wrong. Thanks for the quick replies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

Yeah, the agi isnt staying, honestly because Blizz didnt intentionally plan for AGI gear to be BiS for plate wearers (there could have been a better plan...). Seeing that you have to be in full plate for mastery to work, and you are right, no AP for AGI, it is time to get some plate gear.

Not only plate gear, but our agility-based cloaks, necks, rings, and ranged weapons too.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    Not only plate gear, but our agility-based cloaks, necks, rings, and ranged weapons too.
    cuz theres not strength cloaks, necks, rings. ranged weapons, yeah cant help you with, who knows,maybe blizz wil make one and at the same time better itemize thrown weapons so rogues will actually like them
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Instinctz View Post
    cuz theres not strength cloaks, necks, rings. ranged weapons, yeah cant help you with, who knows,maybe blizz wil make one and at the same time better itemize thrown weapons so rogues will actually like them
    Yes, in 4.01 you're somewhat screwed when it comes to ranged weapons. In beta, there's at least 1 str ranged weapon that I know of, and it's a quest reward in Uldum. So, just endure the AP loss for now, and ditch your agi ranged weapons the first chance you get in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    Yes, in 4.01 you're somewhat screwed when it comes to ranged weapons. In beta, there's at least 1 str ranged weapon that I know of, and it's a quest reward in Uldum. So, just endure the AP loss for now, and ditch your agi ranged weapons the first chance you get in Cataclysm.
    but than again, ranged weapons were never more than stat sticks, your not gonna lose a crapton of AP from them.

Agility itself actually isn't that bad for warriors. If i calculated it correctly from my stats on beta, each point of agility corresponds to 0.73 crit rating (at lvl 85). I don't have (and don't think there is one) a spreadsheet for cataclysm, so it depends on the actual SEP of crit, but right now crit seems to be worth more than strength, putting agilitys SEP close to 1.

So as long as we're talking about agility on cloaks, rings etc., i would say keep it for now, but leather has to go, simply because of the 5% str bonus you get for wearing all-plate.

i highly doubt 1 agi = .73 crit in cataclysm, that would mean rogues would need about 100 agility in all to crit cap at 85, without crit on gear, and i have over 1600 Agility right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Instinctz View Post
    i highly doubt 1 agi = .73 crit in cataclysm, that would mean rogues would need about 100 agility in all to crit cap at 85, without crit on gear, and i have over 1600 Agility right now.
    You are aware that there is a difference between crit rating and crit percentage, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    You are aware that there is a difference between crit rating and crit percentage, right?
    shit my bad, missed the rating part.