Poll: VOTE

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You get heals from bm which is good for leveling and pvp. What other heals do you want? Not like you're taking damage often... That's why you have a pet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    How often are hunters actually getting hit by mobs? That's where pets excel for hunters. They tank the mob while you kill it, and you have Mend Pet for healing the pet. The only way you're getting hit by mobs is if you're taking on a large pack, and you pull threat off your pet, which of course isn't going to be the case in cata. The only reason warlocks get self-healing as a pet class is because it fits the lore behind them. I don't see how or, even more so, why hunters need a self-healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by axelnomnom View Post
    You get heals from bm which is good for leveling and pvp. What other heals do you want? Not like you're taking damage often... That's why you have a pet
    There are a large number of us who strictly do PvP, and only PvE when absolutely necessary for weapons and such.

While I don't agree that pets should heal, I do understand why they would be useful in a PvP sense.

You shouldn't be counting on your heals from a pet or talent to be the deciding factor in a PvP scenario. That's what healers are for.

Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    You shouldn't be counting on your heals from a pet or talent to be the deciding factor in a PvP scenario. That's what healers are for.
    sigh

so i guess every class can heal besides hunters, i knew it!

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

Deleted
    Our self heals are often compared to mages but the thing is, mages have several things to soak up damage - frost/fire absorb, Mana Shield sucking mana instead of HP and most importantly, frost has the amazing barrier with kinda short CD, you can pre shield this so you have another barrier ready when yours ends and you have that... Cooldown reset so in theory you can use 3 in a row. Mages also have ICB that dumps dots/debuffs (unlike Deterrence) and most importantly, the glyphed Evocation. It has like 4min CD, but common, 60% HP.

Now I am not saying we should be like mages but yes, I think we would deserve some better heal than BM pet's heal that is weak and nobody will really be able to use it because, common, BM.

I am assuming this discussion is mostly about PvP and the random PvE posts talking about mobs hitting hunters while soloing are just misstells :P.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    heals aren't necessary while leveling, Spirit Bond is just enough (you won't get hit by normal mobs anyway, with 3-4 arcane shot they're dead meat)

but in PvP selfheals are needed (it's pretty sick dying from a SW:P or moonfire thick)

Oh well I didn't know it was about strictly PvP, I forget people actually like PvP. I suppose an alternative solution would be to have a talent in BM (I'm assuming this is what most hunters go for in arenas) where Mend Pet would also heal you for a certain percentage over x seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    I am assuming this discussion is mostly about PvP and the random PvE posts talking about mobs hitting hunters while soloing are just misstells :P.
    It can only be about PvP, since PvE-wise chimera and glyphed+talented evocation got the same healing value (12 chimera = 60% HP = 120s CD = same CD and heals as talented evo) basically from a pve pov mages are even more shafted than hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    but in PvP selfheals are needed (it's pretty sick dying from a SW:P or moonfire thick)
    DKs, warriors and warlocks also die from dots after the fight is over (I know all of them got a little something like ghoul sac [40 RP + pet alive], enraged regen [15 rage + enrage effect] and the spirit shard thing warlocks get [only ooc, low heal with slow ticks], but it's not always available due to skill limitations).
    I really wouldn't mind something like "Hunt, Eat, Sleep" - only usable OOC and if pet is alive - Your pet wanders off to hunt food for 15s while you sit down and relax, regerating 2% HP of your HP every second for 15s and fully replenishing your pets HP and Happiness (is there even happiness in cataclysm, idk). Engaging combat or standing up cancels this buff. Your pet is away for the full 15s even if the buff is cancelled early. 1.5m Cooldown
    Less need (if any) for food in PvE and also a nice way to survive DoT after a PvP fight. Would be fine with tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Non tank DKs have a 10% heal from DS and 40% heal every 2m from Death Pact. Death Coil only heals their pet.
    Blood DKs have tons of heals.
    Lichborne + DC :-)

If you're that concerned about PvP heals, it's entirely possible to pick up both Chimera Shot and Spirit Bond.

hunter don't need a heal

/mendpet
    - Nom Nom

Hunters should get Ents as pets, casting hots then and when!

just because the hunters are now buff vendors doesnt mean they need to fit all slots, they dps, pet dps/tank-ish, heal is to far, then they would be just ranged rogues with a druid pet, not hunters
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Sigh. Why hunters don't need heals is that they don't take damage. They have pets tanking for them, and are in general incredible kiters. The classes with good self healing are classes that are made to tank trough the damage instead of avoiding it like spriests and locks.

You can have your self heal the day raidboss tanking pets and traps are removed, since you wont need it until then.

Deleted
    Not everyone wants to play BM 2 years long for a healing pet..

Apparently Blizz disagrees with everyone who thinks hunters shouldn't heal

Deleted
    Spirit beasts get a heal, it heals for around 2.4k + some ticks after it, 42 sec CD i think. thats at 80 though.

Dont know what that will scale to at 85

Here it is
    http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=90361
    Last edited by mmoc796e664f5d; 2010-10-10 at 10:35 PM.