Hunter changes on PTR

Survival
    •Snake Trap, Explosive Trap, Freezing Trap, Ice Trap, Immolation Trap now last 1 min, up from 30 sec.
    •Trap Launcher now costs 20 Focus, down from 30 Focus.
    •Wyvern Sting now costs 10 Focus, down from 35 Focus.

Pet Abilities
    •Acid Spit (Worm) no longer costs focus.

---

Looks like they want hunters to actually use traps. Significant drop for Wyvern Sting will encourage CC without hurting rotations substantially.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    The cd of wyern sting is still 1min t_t. No way you're going to use it twice in a trash pull, only useful in certain situations while fighting a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    The cd of wyern sting is still 1min t_t. No way you're going to use it twice in a trash pull, only useful in certain situations while fighting a boss.
    Yeah, the CD is weak (and I doubt you'd pop Readiness in a trash pull). My main concern tho was that many hunters who play recount instead of wow would eschew it entirely simply because it's a big focus hit.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    You can't have Readiness and Wyern Sting at the same time anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Yeah, the CD is weak (and I doubt you'd pop Readiness in a trash pull). My main concern tho was that many hunters who play recount instead of wow would eschew it entirely simply because it's a big focus hit.
    Eh,? You realise there is no way you can have readiness+ sting in 4.0.1?

Deleted
    Snake Trap, Explosive Trap, Freezing Trap, Ice Trap, Immolation Trap now last 1 min, up from 30 sec.
    They are talking about the time until the traps disappear when not triggered, right?

Don't really understand that change.

Forget the changes mentioned.
    Lets talk about what didn't change...

Marks dps numbers! Hello? Blizzard?
    Aimed Shot is still complete crap and will not be used outside of a free instant proc.
    Chimera Shot is inferior to Arcane Shot.
    Silence Shot should do some damage... you're SHOOTING someone.
    Eyes of the Beast is still gone... a useful tool for dropping your pet off a ledge, and a fun utility spell.
    Explosive Shot (last time I checked) was also inferior to Arcane Shot.

Arcane Shot spam does not promote hunters being perceived as a class that takes any skill whatsoever.
    4.0.1 is going to suck so bad if you're main is a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post
    They are talking about the time until the traps disappear when not triggered, right?

Don't really understand that change.
    They're going back to how traps worked before Wrath. They last, on the ground for 1 minute. Does anyone know if this affects the CD? Or, does the CD start after either the trap is triggered or it disappears?

Deleted
    If you compare us to other dps classes yes. We will do even less dps than furys, mages and whatever else in icc. Just look at that nice wl SOLO dps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ir0P...layer_embedded

No way a hunter is going to top that, as we do about 10k max.

Problem is, its even worse in beta 85 atm...

Deleted
    Yup. Jumped for joy when I thought they meant effect time - I thinked they made Ice trap finally more practical CC in PvE. 20 sec effect with 30 sec CD is weak, hunters can't keep mobs fully CC'd until tank picks it up unless there is alot breath time between pulls.

If you compare us to other dps classes yes. We will do even less dps than furys, mages and whatever else in icc. Just look at that nice wl SOLO dps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ir0P...layer_embedded

No way a hunter is going to top that, as we do about 10k max.
    Warlock dotted two targets. He may as well DoT more dummies to get +20k DPS solo.
    Last edited by mmocb5e860bee1; 2010-10-06 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegz View Post
    They're going back to how traps worked before Wrath. They last, on the ground for 1 minute. Does anyone know if this affects the CD? Or, does the CD start after either the trap is triggered or it disappears?
    CD starts when you lay the trap. Has always been that way.

I remember BC times, when I had to lay Frost trap, tell the tank to wait with the pull for some seconds, in order to have the mob frosted 2 times in a row

You can't have Readiness and Wyern Sting at the same time anyways.
    Eh,? You realise there is no way you can have readiness+ sting in 4.0.1?
    <.< >.> I knew that, I was just making sure everyone else did *cough*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitingisfun View Post
    Yup. Jumped for joy when I thought they meant effect time - I thinked they made Ice trap finally more practical CC in PvE. 20 sec effect with 30 sec CD is weak, hunters can't keep mobs fully CC'd until tank picks it up unless there is alot breath time between pulls.

Warlock dotted two targets. He may as well DoT more dummies to get +20k DPS solo.
    You noticing something?