Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDesertDragon View Post
    As a long-time feral druid, I feel that if this happened, my last reason for being just got wristed out of mmy hands and handed to ret paladins.

Joy. -_-
    Hey, you got leather, HoTs, and Cyclone, lolz. ;-P

Quote Originally Posted by Andron View Post
    Plus, you won't be taken into a raid for being a "team player", like you describe it to be. You're supposed to DPS, if you can't, you're not doing your job and won't be taken. Period. I do not consider buffs as a function of a "team player", since everyone does have buffs. The whole "team player" concept is out of date since TBC, it never worked.

But btt I honestly don't see them changing the mana costs of cleanse for Ret, with an argument like "You shouldn't be able to remove snares infinitely". But probably, I'm just mistaken.
    PvE will be ok, ret is our only dps tree and they'll make sure it will do reasonable damage. PvE mobility is higher than in wrath due to LaotL so i'm not too worried here. It seems they like our new mechanics, so adjusting damage won't be that hard because there's nothing to be redone, just some +% here and +dmg there.

PvP is a whole different thing, sure cleanse buff will help but it won't be enough. I'm seriously thinking about going protret permanently (i like both playstyles atm) since holy doens't suit me much.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Deleted
    Cleanse ONLY removing snares/roots could be a Huge buff. Stops mages stackign winters chill just to protect the snares etc. Will be realy good from an offensive stand point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Hey, you got leather, HoTs, and Cyclone, lolz. ;-P
    Plate > Leather
    Instant cast heals that hit as hard as our HoT's do over extended time > Our HoT's.

Cyclone is the only point you got, but it's a pretty meek reason. Plus I need to shift out to pop it so 3 seconds are lost every time I put it out while repe can just be used though has a cooldown, so I really don't know which to prefer. I guess Cyc is better here.

I know it isn't really your problem and that I'm probably trolling a bit here, but this once against confirms to me that GC has completely forgotten about my spec yet again.
    I don't usually go out and say "garbage" like that, but he's completely ignoring the fact that our damage at 80 273 is better than our damage in 85 333 because he rebalanced our rotation to mostly buff our white damage but forgot to change our white damage so it is affected by our weapon damage.
    So now our damage is shit and now he's taking the utility ferals have always had, completely forgetting we have it, and shoving it around to the other classes. Most recently? This one. Last time? Recuperate to rogues.

Feeling very sad! =(
    Last edited by TheDesertDragon; 2010-10-07 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    This one change alone could balance a few things for ret in PVP, i hope it gets implemented.
    Rofl, this does almost nothing. It basically is how it is on live now.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plate > Leather
    Instant cast heals that hit as hard as our HoT's do over extended time > Our HoT's.

Cyclone is the only point you got, but it's a pretty meek reason. Plus I need to shift out to pop it so 3 seconds are lost every time I put it out while repe can just be used though has a cooldown, so I really don't know which to prefer.

I know it isn't really your problem and that I'm probably trolling a bit here, but this once against confirms to me that GC has completely forgotten about my spec yet again. I don't usually go out and say "garbage" like that, but he's completely ignoring the fact that our damage at 80 273 is better than our damage in 85 333 because he rebalanced our rotation to mostly buff our white damage but forgot to change our white damage so it is affected by our weapon damage. So now our damage is shit and now he's taking the utility ferals have always had, completely forgotting about it, and showing it around to the other classes. Most recently? This one. Last time? Recuperate to rogues.

Feeling very sad! =(
    It was a joke, geez.

Also, you do not have to worry about Retribution, since most will be Holy, with how it looks, now. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Rofl, this does almost nothing. It basically is how it is on live now.
    No it's slightly better, mobility-wise, because magic effects would no longer shield snares. Sounds good on paper against mages, then you realize you'll get snared a second later in the best case. Damage-wise... no comment.
    Cyclone is the only point you got, but it's a pretty meek reason. Plus I need to shift out to pop it so 3 seconds are lost every time I put it out while repe can just be used though has a cooldown, so I really don't know which to prefer. I guess Cyc is better here.
    Please don't compare different classes basing your thougths on single ability vs single ability. It doesn't make sense and this is not the right forum section to do that.

IF now cleanse was to be implemented as snare removal, would it remove the snare from frost bolt? And blast wave?
    I do belive in fairytales...I really do!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    And then he threw the class
    http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/a...nTheGround.jpg
    TO THE GROOOOUUUNDDD!

OT: This looks promising, but a Cleanse mana cost reduction would be needed when removing snares, i.e. "Your Cleanse spell also removes snares and roots costs 50% less mana to do so".
    there is a glyph for that
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=41104
    its not like we are losing anything valuable on the "major glyph" side by using that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Remulade View Post
    IF now cleanse was to be implemented as snare removal, would it remove the snare from frost bolt? And blast wave?
    It should remove them. They're magic effects, but still snares.

Plate > Leather
    And your hots need 5 combo points, right?

Ret's awesome healing is so awesome, when it get buffed even more to awesome it will be almost as awesome as warriors a rogues healing. Thats how awesome it is!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Shornaal View Post
    No it's slightly better, mobility-wise, because magic effects would no longer shield snares. Sounds good on paper against mages, then you realize you'll get snared a second later in the best case. Damage-wise... no comment.
    Why does every single ret pally ALWAYS use Mages as an example when stating there survivability is low are they aren't viable in arena? I mean honestly, Frost Mages faceroll every melee class.

OT-I agree that Ret does need some sort of gap closer/limited speed-buff but don't think giving a charge is the way to go.

Deleted
    Self cleanse for removing snares? Sounds pr0

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloodKrayze View Post
    Why does every single ret pally ALWAYS use Mages as an example when stating there survivability is low are they aren't viable in arena? I mean honestly, Frost Mages faceroll every melee class.
    I used mages as an example of what the new cleanse could do. Mages cover their snares with a lot of magic debuffs that would be ignored by the new cleanse.

The survivability was put there just to cry more about cleanse not removing dots anymore, it was our best defense after all (not including bubble ofc). It was not aimed at mages, and it was not a complaint about arenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Really hope they do this to ret paladins, i simply cant stand to pvp at the moment, it seems everybody beats paladins, mages snare us to death, warlocks fear us to death, druids snare and spam us to death, the only class i can pretty much beat is either a warrior, dk or rogue, pretty much every ranged dps class is favored towards them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shornaal View Post
    I used mages as an example of what the new cleanse could do. Mages cover their snares with a lot of magic debuffs that would be ignored by the new cleanse.

The survivability was put there just to cry more about cleanse not removing dots anymore, it was our best defense after all (not including bubble ofc). It was not aimed at mages, and it was not a complaint about arenas.
    You forgot to mention that they can spellsteal our essential buffs.

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Deleted
    ... hope....

---------- Post added 2010-10-07 at 03:30 PM ----------

One question also, will it despell the snare/root effect directly? that means we wont dispell winter's chill or whatever the frost mage is debuffing us with? That would be indeed great, because wasting 4 GCDs while trying to remove frost nova debuff and failing due to removing the other buff.

Sounds like a buff if it works that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    ... hope....

One question also, will it despell the snare/root effect directly? that means we wont dispell winter's chill or whatever the frost mage is debuffing us with? That would be indeed great, because wasting 4 GCDs while trying to remove frost nova debuff and failing due to removing the other buff.

i dont think it will dispell roots only snares

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    ... hope....

If they implement it the way they mentioned, Cleanse will only remove the Snare effects wether they're magical or not; yet it will still not remove Magical debuffs (dots, damage increments etc).

Made by myself while I'm bored..

it still doesnt fix the fact that our offensive utility sucks. our damage is way too RNG to plan around and we have to spam WOG to keep ourselves up.