Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    cuz paladins was broken since vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderwild View Post
    Most popular class.
    This

It just seems strange that alot of mechanics have been talked about and promised for other classes but never go through while Pallies get change after change. For example Shamans were told we were getting Totem launcher and unique weapon imbues...that never happened.
    Yes. That Shaman Just Licked Your face.

Quote Originally Posted by ShamanLicksYourFace View Post
    Hm yeah but why do they seem to get an overhaul every expansion and not other classes?
    Because people complain about our class more than any other. And they can never get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by yahtzo View Post
    I agree. Ret alone has got more feedback than a bunch of other specs combined.
    Thanks for this one bro, I almost spit soda all over my computer.
    Monath

YARG

US-Rexxar

http://www.yarg-rexxar.com/

15+ Year Old Account
    For example Shamans were told we were getting Totem launcher
    No offense, but I don't ever remember this being even mentioned by a blue poster. Most of them have just said "We like totems the way they are. If you don't, maybe you shouldn't have rolled a Shaman."
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by axelnomnom View Post
    Because pallies are too rollface. Ret? 12345 prot? Exact same for aoe and single target (just press stuff off cd) holy? Spam the shit out of tank 2 with flash of light/holy shock and beacon tank 1 (holy light if they are low
    Because no other class is faceroll? Amirite? Paladins are the only noob class that are easy to play and anyone who plays 1 sucks? Because WoW requires soooo much skill?

Sarcasm btw

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Because no other class is faceroll? Amirite? Paladins are the only noob class that are easy to play and anyone who plays 1 sucks? Because WoW requires soooo much skill?

Sarcasm btw
    He's right that it is too faceroll right now.

Ret is a simple FCFS priority you can follow with an addon.
    Prot is mindless 969 spam.
    Holy is mindless Holy Light spam.

All three specs are looking awesome in Cataclysm now; I'm pretty happy!

As stated earlier I do really well with my Paladin on Beta and I find the Specc far more dynamic, challenging and fun than on live. All the complaints lead me to think most Rets want E Z mode.

My Pally alt does perfectly fine in both PvE and PvP in the Beta so I fail to see what you mean.
    Define perfectly fine? Also I'm not sure you know what Recount is, but if you look at it once in a while while you play on Beta it will show you that your dps is usually below that of the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    He's right that it is too faceroll right now.

Ret is a simple FCFS priority you can follow with an addon.
    Prot is mindless 969 spam.
    Holy is mindless Holy Light spam.

All three specs are looking awesome in Cataclysm now; I'm pretty happy!

Most classes are faceroll. People just focus on paladins especially.

15+ Year Old Account
    As stated earlier I do really well with my Paladin on Beta and I find the Specc far more dynamic, challenging and fun than on live. All the complaints lead me to think most Rets want E Z mode.
    The only complaints from Rets are about two things:
    1. Ret PvP (which they arguably just buffed a lot with their latest blue post/change)
    2. The RNG in the rotation (which probably isn't going to be changed)

Nobody is saying they hate Ret "requiring more skill".

well, i don't really know having only joined right before WotLK about how it was previously, but if i had to make an educated guess, i'd have to guess this:

A paladin can, in the grand scheme of things, do everything (without going in to the distinction of ranged/melee), without a hard distinction or penalty outside of talents (like a druid has to shift forms to use some spells, or function in other ways). Because of this blizzard has to walk the fine line between making them too good at everything, or totally shit in everything. It's probably a bit harder than we think.

Plus they did get a huge mechanics change

They seem to be hard to balance. /shrug.
    I've noticed they endlessly swing from worthless to OP to OK to OP to worthless.
    Alls I know is I had a blast 69ing it up, and I'll have a blast with whatever new tanky abilities they get in cat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most classes are faceroll. People just focus on paladins especially.
    Yeah, especially healers. Resto Druids spam WG and Rejuv, Holy Priests spam Renew, Disc Priests spam Shields, etc.

But they're changing that up quite a bit in Cataclysm - I don't see what's wrong.

There have been tons of posts on the mechanical changes to previous 'faceroll' specs, Holy Priests, Disc Priests, and Resto druids have gotten tons of blues. Paladins just happening to be getting a lot because -all- three specs are getting overhauled.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-10-07 at 01:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have nothing against Paladins personally but I am curious as to why they get 2x the posts of other classes from Blues and 2x the changes every single Patch/Expansion?
    Think outside (your own) box - it's a perceived attention. I personally don't mind so much if a class gets two pages of changes while others get one line, but some feel the need to discuss or whine about such things (or the underlying causes to the changes), which in turn spews out more posts (aka attention) and even changes.

The simplest answer is that Blizzard just isn't happy with paladins as they do not perform up to their expectations of fun and what have you, so they keep changing them until they feel right.

Oh and - alot of changes means bad news (because the class isn't finished), not that Blizzard spends to much attention on their favourite class. Reminds me of the rogue whining that there are no changes to their class (as if Blizzard will deliver an expansion that will utterly ruin the experience of several million people's favourite class).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascherzon
    He doesn't read topics before he posts - he just takes a dump, smears it all over his face, rolls his face across the keyboard and presses post.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumos View Post
    Define perfectly fine? Also I'm not sure you know what Recount is, but if you look at it once in a while while you play on Beta it will show you that your dps is usually below that of the tank.
    Perfectly fine means I keep up with almost all other Dps in my groups sometimes outpaced by Mages or BM Hunters ofc but I am never bottom of the Recount meter.

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    Yeah, especially healers. Resto Druids spam WG and Rejuv, Holy Priests spam Renew, Disc Priests spam Shields, etc.

But they're changing that up quite a bit in Cataclysm - I don't see what's wrong.
    Nothing is wrong. I'm just saying most classes are just as faceroll as pallies yet we get all the shit about it.

Nothing is wrong. I'm just saying most classes are just as faceroll as pallies yet we get all the shit about it.
    I don't think thats completely true, my Enh Shaman is alot more challenging and so is my Arms Warr. There is always a hint of truth in most complaints even if that hint is very small.