Poll: Hypothetical cataclysm features/release date

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Which is also why it is a bad poll that makes no sense. Even applying to blizzard your options are unrealistic
    Please read the following paragraph ten time:

Hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical hypothetical.

When you're done, reply to this thread again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised that they have given an official release date with as buggy as it is right now. That's not including all of the features that still need to be implemented. If it was up to me I'd give them until February 7th just so the developers wouldn't have to feel rushed at the least. It's a big expansion that's taking a lot of work. With what we are being given I don't see how waiting a little longer would hurt anything.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Definitely no June. Biowares MMO comes out in the Spring and many people would gladly jump the fence to play that if Blizzard wanted to release the game that late.

Well I would have no problem in waiting til june but.
    theese fetaures (path of the titans, worgen mounts) was not cut out becuase of time

path of the titan was scraped because it were not turning out to be as good as first expected. So I am glad they scrapped it, and would not have it even if we waited til june.

Running wild is so much more nice and fun than another mount, so I am glad they choose this way to.( and tbh it's probably more timeconsuming making the running wild animations and mechanics, than to model a new mount)

Dance studio's;
    Common. How important is this ?

If it came out in June, I'd probably already be playing TOR by then.

I think I might kill myself.... or probably just LOLRAGEQUIT like a pro if I had to do ICC for more than another 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennor View Post
    We all know that blizzard has stated that Cataclysm is going to be released on the 7th of December. But what if Blizzard suddenly came out and said, "alright guys, heres our options: We either release cataclysm at the current time designated (dec 7) or we postpone it til June next year so we can implement some of the features that were unfortunately removed (path of the titans, dance studio, worgen mounts, new character models etc) What would you choose? would you rather they suspend the release of cataclysm to next year? knowing that no new wotlk content will be coming out, or would you rather it come out this year as planned knowing that some of those features may never be implemented?

Just to reiterate in case anybody missed the point, releasing cata june next year would be completely ridiculous, the purpose of this poll is simply to see what percentage of people want those features badly enough to wait for cataclysm for half a year extra.
    Just pointing out that Blizz said they like Running Wild and they don't plan on changing it. So Worgen mounts will probably never be implemented, which I am happy with.
    I play all heal specs. Shaman is the best. Would be better if I could be Worgen. But thanks to allied races, I'll settle for Earthen.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wanted it at Midnight on Black Friday.
    ADD CATACLYSMIC EVENTS TO AN ALREADY DISGUSTING AND VILE DAY WHEN THE FATTER YOU ARE, THE MORE PEOPLE YOU TRAMPLE ON YOUR WAY TO GET THE NEW GUITAR HERO FOR YOUR SON'S CHRISTMAS PRESENT.

Made by Ariyana!

Deleted
    Definately stick to the current date. June next year would mean another 6 months of ICC on top of what we have now. I for one would not be that patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamato View Post
    I wanted it at Midnight on Black Friday.
    ADD CATACLYSMIC EVENTS TO AN ALREADY DISGUSTING AND VILE DAY WHEN THE FATTER YOU ARE, THE MORE PEOPLE YOU TRAMPLE ON YOUR WAY TO GET THE NEW GUITAR HERO FOR YOUR SON'S CHRISTMAS PRESENT.
    wat in da hell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurosendo View Post
    Just pointing out that Blizz said they like Running Wild and they don't plan on changing it. So Worgen mounts will probably never be implemented, which I am happy with.
    I am also really happy with running wild, however blizz liking running wild is completely irrelevant to this poll.

I would've loved if cata was released after the holidays. Maybe some of you like the idea to spend the holiday in front of the pc playing wow.
    But the release date was announced so we will have to deal with it.
    “The wise speak only of what they know.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Lolwhatscontentpatches?

Content patches solve said problem. Most of the "cut out' content that Blizzard thinks is worthwhile will be later patched in, or included in a future expansion pack, but dwelling on Cataclysm for 6 more months would do 10x more harm than good, and would by no stretch of the imagination be in their interest, or the games interest at all.

This idea would slow progression and work on the next expansion, and items that actually do matter, and would cost Blizzard hundreds of thousands of subscribers.

These ideas were cut for a reason. They are fluff. In Blizzards design plan they are items which might not have panned out the way they had originally wanted it to, or not worth the time and effort at the time, or at all. Some extra's are nice, but when it comes at a cost to the rest of the game, you have to know when to let go.

And, after all, the ideas worth keeping can and will be patched in and updated later while not hampering or setting back the content that is already ready to go.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Lolwhatscontentpatches?

Content patches solve said problem. Most of the "cut out' content that Blizzard thinks is worthwhile will be later patched in, or included in a future expansion pack, but dwelling on Cataclysm for 6 more months would do 10x more harm than good, and would by no stretch of the imagination be in their interest, or the games interest at all.

This idea would slow progression and work on the next expansion, and items that actually do matter, and would cost Blizzard hundreds of thousands of subscribers.

These ideas were cut for a reason. They are fluff. In Blizzards design plan they are items which might not have panned out the way they had originally wanted it to, or not worth the time and effort at the time, or at all. Some extra's are nice, but when it comes at a cost to the rest of the game, you have to know when to let go.

And, after all, the ideas worth keeping can and will be patched in and updated later while not hampering or setting back the content that is already ready to go.
    I did mention content patches, several times, and why in this hypothetical situation they wouldn't be used. What I've posted isnt a problem or question, im not looking for a solution so we can get all these things im not even complaining about anything. Its just a scenario i thought up and i asked what people would do if they were put in this situation, thats all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the last week option?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dec 7th is right for me. I just hope 4.0 comes out soon

Quote Originally Posted by Rennor View Post
    We all know that blizzard has stated that Cataclysm is going to be released on the 7th of December. But what if Blizzard suddenly came out and said, "alright guys, heres our options: We either release cataclysm at the current time designated (dec 7) or we postpone it til June next year so we can implement some of the features that were unfortunately removed (path of the titans, dance studio, worgen mounts, new character models etc) What would you choose? would you rather they suspend the release of cataclysm to next year? knowing that no new wotlk content will be coming out, or would you rather it come out this year as planned knowing that some of those features may never be implemented?

Just to reiterate in case anybody missed the point, releasing cata june next year would be completely ridiculous, the purpose of this poll is simply to see what percentage of people want those features badly enough to wait for cataclysm for half a year extra.

See bolded/underlined portion to see why this post was made. Someone is a little bitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Driizzt View Post
    See bolded/underlined portion to see why this post was made. Someone is a little bitter.
    What? nah running wilds cool, i think you need to read a few more of my posts in this thread buddy, im not complaining about anything. What im trying to find out is if people who really wanted some of those things would be willing to let cataclysm be released a few months late. I voted for december 7th.