You think it would have been awesome if...

You think it would have been awesome if the "Algalon" boss for ICC were three "ancients"?. (I'm late I know )

Once you defeat Putricide(Heroic), Lanathel(Heroic), Sindragosa(Heroic) and the Lich King( Normal/Heroic( better loot)) the giant ice pillar in Marrowgars room breaks open relieving a tunnel you travel through. Pretty long tunnel mind you. After running for over 2 minutes you drop in this well, into the water. You get out and you see this giant coliseum and 3 three statues in fighting positions. Between them in a book you have to read to activate the encounter. Some one clicks on said book and there is this sorta creepy dialogue along the lines of

"We three statues of the Nether realm are the warriors of old. Betrayed by our master to pursue ill-gotten gain.(Demonic laugh) I see he is dead, with this Bolvar Fordragon taking the throne. (More demonic tone) Why has he not released us from this torment! Soldiers of the Alliance/Horde, you have fought valiantly to secure peace. However, you are stuck here with the only way out is through our defeat. We want to be free. If you ever want to make it out alive, you must first defeat us!"

At this point they "thaw" and start attacking players. One ancient has no threat table and hits moderately with DoT's and roots/snares. One ancient does have a threat table but hits like a mach truck( on one target, no need for stacking). The other has an ability to a 10 second whirlwind doing 10% damage to hp per second to anyone in it's area regardless of armor and health. Total amount of health from each mob is 45million, no enrage timer.

As you can see if you have played other blizzard games you'll know where I got the idea from :P. I also could've gone into more detail but it would've been a wall of text.

Deleted
    Well yea, but Lich King is supposed to be the main antagonist of WotLK so it would have ruined that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naamari View Post
    Well yea, but Lich King is supposed to be the main antagonist of WotLK so it would have ruined that.
    not really.
    to the op - nice idea.
    bonus bosses are always fun.
    but if you where from blizzard staff you surely would add an enrage timer

After running for over 2 minutes
    No

As for the rest of your post. I like the idea for an extra Algalon type boss but it takes away from the centralized point of LK as the final boss. It would have been fun if it had been maybe an add on raid for Ulduar, but tuned for current gear, like Halion.

True. Some how I knew it was a bad idea to place "Alagalon type" and "ICC" in the same sentence. Possibly something in Cata perhaps.

Why not?

We got this crap called Ruby Sanctum too.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Naamari View Post
    Very often (Final Fantasy for example), there are bonus bosses that are ten times harder.

IMO, this would have been a cool idea =)
    Cataclysm = CTC | Icecrown Citadel = IC | | CLASSIC, not vanilla |

Deleted
    Very cool idea indeed, a shame its way too late

It would be awsome if WotLK was hard from the beginning til end, without Naxx 2.0, so that we in time could look back on the xpack and say "Damn that was a hard and challanging xpack. But then again, it was Arthas' xpack and it was always supposed to be that way. The Lick King and all you know. Hard."
    Instead it was so fucked up in every way that even USA seems wellbalanced when you compare it.

To the OP, cool idea, but that belongs to history of Diablo. No stealy stealy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandreas View Post
    It would be awsome if WotLK was hard from the beginning til end, without Naxx 2.0, so that we in time could look back on the xpack and say "Damn that was a hard and challanging xpack. But then again, it was Arthas' xpack and it was always supposed to be that way. The Lick King and all you know. Hard."
    Instead it was so fucked up in every way that even USA seems wellbalanced when you compare it.

To the OP, cool idea, but that belongs to history of Diablo. No stealy stealy!
    /cookie