Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

State of Feral PvP

It is pretty saddening, that this breed of players are dying out.. O wait no, that's a cliche. There hardly were any feral players in the beginning.

But what does blizz do about it? Give ferals buffs to make them more appealing? Hardly. Feral druids are one of the most underrepresented 'viable' pvp specs out there. This season alone, only 5 feral druids in BG9 have gotten a T2 PvP weapon. 3 of which are playing the most retardedly zergish comp ever, dpriest, rogue, feral. The so called harrypotter cleaves of feral druids. Not because they use spells, no, it is akin to a harrypottercleave due simply to its simplicity. CC chains? Hardly. Proper 2 target control? Barely. Positioning? Non-existant. All they rely on is sheer damage and someone to trinket the instant cyclone into a full blind.

I'm not saying there aren't many Wrathful Gladiator Greatstaffs flying around, but the sad truth is that most of these staves are owned by our Resto counterparts, who may decide to give feral a little whirl.

What did you expect blizz, giving the least utility to the class with the most demanding rotation and putting them into a mobile environment? Thank god for Cata, or feral combat would have been a long lost art.

Edit: The only 5 ferals that broke 2.3k in BG9 are Talason, Andaran, Dragorian, Cinner and Pussied

EditEdit: Cinner renamed into Pus
    Last edited by Togepii; 2010-10-09 at 01:14 PM.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togepii View Post
    I'm not saying there aren't many Wrathful Gladiator Greatstaffs flying around, but the sad truth is that most of these staves are owned by our Resto counterparts, who may decide to give feral a little whirl.
    cuz resto is easier to hit 2200 with than feral. derp. its not like im rolling 5s with a feral druid and i start yelling for kitty hots.

10+ Year Old Account
    The change to savage roar alone will make things much better. I appreciate the added interrupt too, but it would be nice to have a better effect than increased mana cost for spells. If only they would fix the bug that sticks you in caster form when changing from cat to bear(makes no sense).

Then again, I do not do arena, only BGs.

stampede will be... interesting. Apart from that: most druids just are resto.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

15+ Year Old Account
    What does "most people are resto" have to do with the fact that Feral is, and probably will stay rubbish..?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    cuz resto is easier to hit 2200 with than feral. derp. its not like im rolling 5s with a feral druid and i start yelling for kitty hots.
    And here we have the common stereotype. Someone who only expects druids to heal, and not respect the feral class as itself, a complex hybrid damage dealer. There is a reason why even though it's easier to hit 2.2k as mut, but many choose to play subt. Sheer fun factor. Granted, both are decent enough arena specs, however, this isn't the case with feral druids.

And again, your statement brings me back to my point. In the current state of WoW, it is quite improbable for a feral druid to get a T2 weapon. They are blatantly underpowered as a spec, heck, even fire mages have a higher representation than them. I know it's late, but Blizzard made a major screw up out of seasons 5, 6, 7 and 8. It's saddening for me to see PvE heroes suddenly hit 2.2k; people who really suck hit 2.6k (COUGH WARLOCK WHO TRIED TO HARDCAST A HOWL OF TERROR IN MY BERSERK COUGH); and TSGs whom have been stagnant at 2.2k for months, but suddenly propelled to 2.7k simply due to the fact that they changed from an ex-Gladiator DK to a Shadowmourne fully PvE decked Shadowmourne DK who has never seen the light of 2.4k.
    Last edited by Togepii; 2010-10-08 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    What does "most people are resto" have to do with the fact that Feral is, and probably will stay rubbish..?
    Nothing, but it does explain why there are so few high rated ferals. they're all resto.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    Nothing, but it does explain why there are so few high rated ferals. they're all resto.
    So basically you're saying Feral is perfectly viable but just no one plays it?

If so, No.

If so, No.
    No, But if there were an equal amount of ferals as there are restos there would obviously be a lot more high rated feral druids.
    If a class is bad it tends to get seen as even worse than it really is due to it not being very popular.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    just as viable as a fury warrior, holy priest, and a demonology warlock!

thats my current 3s comp...were aiming for 2800......

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    No, But if there were an equal amount of ferals as there are restos there would obviously be a lot more high rated feral druids.
    Either that, or they're all Resto because they've tried Feral and failed at it, since to be honest, a 2k rated Resto Druid will have a hard time hitting the 1750 achievement.

If there would be an equal ammount of Restos and Ferals, I honestly don't think there would be alot more Feral Druids on high ratings. Yes, the 1500-1800 bracket would be more crowded, and you'll probably see a few more in the 1800-2k bracket aswell, but higher then that? Nah, you wouldn't see any difference.

The brutal impact debuff looks AMAZING for mana killing. If they modified Natural Reaction to affect cats (12% damage reduction + 6% dodge) it would help cats immensely. If blizzard ever gets to the damage rebalancing for cats then we might have a chance.

Brutal Impact is in my opinion a debuff of its own. Necrotic Strike/MS makes you heal more (which is not bad if you use efficient heal), but Brutal Impact makes every heal inefficient. Brutal Impact also affects mana using dps classes which is also nice.

Cats need survivability and a damage pass to be great.
    We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    If a class is bad it tends to get seen as even worse than it really is due to it not being very popular.
    If a class is bad, then it doesn't matter if it gets seen any worse than it is - it still remains bad - and that's what matters!

Let us put resto completely out of discussion here - this is about the state of feral pvp. The state of feral pvp right now is not poor because people are going resto. More people go resto because it's poor. So it's the other way around.

My friend is a 2k rated feral so to be honest I dont think its a state.

Ferals also dish out loads of damage on me as well (I'm a unholy dk)

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post

2k is shit bru

As a feral druid i agree with this thread.
    Beta Club

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    The change to savage roar alone will make things much better. I appreciate the added interrupt too, but it would be nice to have a better effect than increased mana cost for spells. If only they would fix the bug that sticks you in caster form when changing from cat to bear(makes no sense).

Then again, I do not do arena, only BGs.
    The state of PVP on the beta at least tells me that mana is going to be the deciding factor in pretty much every game. I think our mana burn UA effect is going to be sought after.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post

Though 2k isn't exactly seen as "high" nowadays, and even then Feral Druids are VERY rare on those ratings. Heck, they even get VERY rare past 1700.

Again: feral may be too weak. I'm not sure, I just find them incredibly irritating.
    But the point is: if the amount of druids is the same as the amount of mages, then the amount of druids and the amount of mages past 2k (for instance) should be the same.
    Now, 90% of those druids are resto, so course there won't be that many ferals.