Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    You are a 1400 player and say that you kill classes that other people whine about... This thread is about that so few feral druids make it to high rating. Just don't bother say anything about the other classes on 1400 rating cause it doesn't matter what class they are, it's more about who keyturns and who doesn't...
    Dude...I said 2v2 those high rated teams arent 2v2 theyre 3v3+ so as far as im concerned as a 2v2 rating for a feral druid 1400 is pretty decent.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    This. I'm sure a lot of those 2,8 rated resto druids could manage to pull out a respectable rating if they were forced to play feral ;P
    Seeing a feral druid in high rated pvp is about as rare seeing a enhancement shaman. Last time i saw a feral druid was one at 2.2k. Yum free rating.

Point is: I face LSD 24/7 at 2.7k. I once even saw a LSD at that rating with lock using auto silence on pet and shaman didn't use wind shear once in the whole game. Quite sad isn't it? You see tons of Resto druids and Ele shamans on higher rating. But seeing Feral and Enhancement on higher rating is very very rare.

because the healing specs are better. most people that want to play melee dps play rogue or warrior. so most druids just ARE resto. not by spec, but by attitude.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    because the healing specs are better. most people that want to play melee dps play rogue or warrior. so most druids just ARE resto. not by spec, but by attitude.
    lmfao

so why are there spriests?

why are there so many shamans?

why play ret?

why play a warlock when you can have a pet as a hunter?

that is the stupidest statement ever. if people ARE resto by attitude, why are there 30 specs in the game and not 3?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togepii View Post
    lmfao

why play ret?

that is the stupidest statement ever. if people ARE resto by attitude, why are there 30 specs in the game and not 3?
    Why do people play Frost and Arcane? Where are the fire mages? Oh it's cause of attitude since fire ain't as cool as frost and arcane

lmfao

why play ret?

Of course they exist you nimrod. It's just that MOST druids are healers. Not all. Most.
    So there are less ferals
    So there are less high rated ferals

Ferals may not be the cream of the crop (ok, they really aren't) but they have their setups. Feral/hunter/heal is more than r1 viable and I've played against several 2200-2400 and a 2700 rated 2xheal feral in the past 2 weeks.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they exist you nimrod. It's just that MOST druids are healers. Not all. Most.
    So there are less ferals

Ferals may not be the cream of the crop (ok, they really aren't) but they have their setups. Feral/hunter/heal is more than r1 viable and I've played against several 2200-2400 and a 2700 rated 2xheal feral in the past 2 weeks.
    Can I ask you on what BG you play so I can transfer for free rank 1 title?

Have fun, emberstorm eu

15+ Year Old Account
    So there are less ferals
    Ferals are mostly not popular because most people can't play one as it's probably one of the hardest PvP classes, plus the fact that they just aren't worth shit on higher ratings. End of story tbh. I've seen alot of people roll Feral and drop it just as fast simply because they can't even break 1600 rating and on their Afflicton Lock main they sit on 2.4k.

So? Ferals don't even have one hand full of viable setups and even the best ones aren't exactly considered that good.

Everyone "has it's setups", but that doesn't say anything about how good/bad a spec is. Example: Feral/Disc is better then some weirdo setup like Affli/Warrior, but both Affliction Lock and Warriors are a hell lot better then Ferals are.

I've played against several 2200-2400 and a 2700 rated 2xheal feral in the past 2 weeks.
    we really need to start being honest with this setup. this isn't dps+2 heals, this is a disc priest + heal/dps team. its strongest with disc/warr/heal and disc/afflock/heal but almost anyone can run as the dps and still grind out long wins because the disc priest is what is important here not the dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameisvalid View Post

Frostmages- the most annoying class in the entire game, in the average minute duel i will be frost novaed around 20 times
    You're on the shit end of RNG if you get nova'd 20 times in a minute.

So there are less ferals

Funny how the reverse is true for SPriests.. Remember the start of s8? Where an SPriest is considered a non-viable spec? Yea there hardly any players playing it, except for a few, but those few were in the ultra high ratings. Soon, every Tom, Dick and Harry realized its potential, and swarmed arenas with SPriests. The fact that there are less ferals should not mean there are less high rated ferals. The class just need pioneers, the sad truth is, after 8 seasons of 'pioneering', the pioneers are still the only ones playing this sad spec.

You have to know, Skultharion was the only one who played Feral/Hunter/Heal to above 2.2k in BG9, and just above 2.2k, mind you. Andaran stopped at 2.1k with his Feral/Hunter/Rsham. Also, note thatR1 in BG9 is rated 3011 against 80% of MLG pros. Saying that a comp is R1 viable means nothing, in fact, every comp is R1 viable, but you just have to find players that are out of this world, literally.

The only feral 2x heal team is Dragorian's, and theyonly managed 2.3k this season. Helloooooo harrypotters.

What really carried 3 feral druids to their T2 weapons is Feral/Rogue/Priest.. And that is the most brain dead comp ever played. Trust me, if these ferals, (only one to break 2.3k witht his comp is Cinner ala Pus) were to play any other comps, like Cinner did in past seasons, they would hardly manage to break 2k, which Cinner didn't manage.

Talason did the right thing at the right time. He played warr/hpally/feral right before the haste buffs were kicking in and the resil changes prevented feral from being blown up. He managed his 2706 rating, but alas, no Gladiator for yet another season.
    Last edited by Togepii; 2010-10-12 at 11:12 PM.

I have no idea who the fuck you are talking about. Yes, I agreed with you on most points and conceded on several after.
    But it changes nothing about the fact, that my main point still stands.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea who the fuck you are talking about. Yes, I agreed with you on most points and conceded on several after.
    Then I thought I would add in fire mages are viable. Saw one at 2.5k in 5v5.

PRECISELY. No one has ever heard of the better/good feral druids before, because they are not mentioned in the same breath as 'high rating'. The feral druid in itself may be an antonym for gladiator these past few seasons.

And here we have the common stereotype. Someone who only expects druids to heal, and not respect the feral class as itself, a complex hybrid damage dealer. There is a reason why even though it's easier to hit 2.2k as mut, but many choose to play subt. Sheer fun factor. Granted, both are decent enough arena specs, however, this isn't the case with feral druids.

And again, your statement brings me back to my point. In the current state of WoW, it is quite improbable for a feral druid to get a T2 weapon. They are blatantly underpowered as a spec, heck, even fire mages have a higher representation than them. I know it's late, but Blizzard made a major screw up out of seasons 5, 6, 7 and 8. It's saddening for me to see PvE heroes suddenly hit 2.2k; people who really suck hit 2.6k (COUGH WARLOCK WHO TRIED TO HARDCAST A HOWL OF TERROR IN MY BERSERK COUGH); and TSGs whom have been stagnant at 2.2k for months, but suddenly propelled to 2.7k simply due to the fact that they changed from an ex-Gladiator DK to a Shadowmourne fully PvE decked Shadowmourne DK who has never seen the light of 2.4k.

I hear season 5 was super hard to get glad on a DK in.....? Ex-glad DK doesn't really mean they're any good.

on the topic of feral pvp, savage roar really screwed us over in wotlk, with that fixed, hopefully we can start seeing some real pvp play more like a rogue where we don't have to use all our CP's on "slice and dice" and can actually get out some utility/damage...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

HOLY FUCKING GAWD.... -.0

4.0.1 and we are overpowered FUCKING OVERPOWERED OMFG

except f-mages killed me in 3 instant cast

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameisvalid View Post
    HOLY FUCKING GAWD.... -.0

4.0.1 and we are overpowered FUCKING OVERPOWERED OMFG

except f-mages killed me in 3 instant cast
    i'm finding it quite the opposite.

my shred crits for 6k on lvl 80 target dummys

a furious/relent geared resto druid with 35k hp took on 4 pve geared classes (rogue/warlock/mage/warrior) and me and survived with 100% mana

a mage crit me for 20k

a shaman earthshocked me for 21k

world of harrypottercraft

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xart View Post
    Then I thought I would add in fire mages are viable. Saw one at 2.5k in 5v5.
    Actually, Fire Mages are better represented than Feral Druids.

Ok, now THAT is bullshit.