Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The glyph is horrible. It's essentially avoiding a cc by cc'ing yourself. Using it in this matter, even with a cancel aura would turn it from being frosts' only dps cooldown to being some trash ability used to avoid a single cc, because once the target has seen you immune to the cc, they won't bother casting another. On a one minute cooldown. No thanks.

Complete garbage.

Although I do kind of like this scenario for it:

You're with a group about to run in to cap flag/base, but there's a group of enemies protecting it.

You run in first, pop glyphed PoI, and suddenly you're a very good target for your healers to keep up, since their heals won't be wasted on you being unable to do anything. Stand right next to the flag or w/e with your healer at max range, and most people will be gunning for you to keep you from capping, ignoring your healer and any other people that might come in to attack them.

Obviously, good players will realize what's going on and switch up, but in rated BG's with more people, being able to peel some of the baddies on to you can help let your teammates focus on the decent people without having to worry about 'em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primigenia View Post
    Doesn't it strike you as poor game design that we would have to use a /cancelaura macro just to make this glyph worthwhile? Frost already has extremely poor mobility and uptime on opponents, and since crowd control is so spammable I doubt using this glyph with the macro will be optimal. At this point Frost pvp isn't even really viable; its going to be Unholy or go home for another entire expansion.
    Actually I don't see unholy holding such a strong advantage over frost anymore, 2min CD on the ghoul that will be a huge chunk of your damage plus the fact he is still squishy will probably hurt unholy pretty badly. And if you're pvping as a DK you should already be used to cancelaura macros for Lichborne so priests/pallies don't CC you.

Add the fact that they removed the crit part of resilience you can see some pretty nasty obliterates as frost. And the fact that dispelling can't be spammed as much you no longer need to worry so much about not having desecration, Chillblains with HB glyph is more than enough for your slow.

Doesn't it strike you as poor game design that we would have to use a /cancelaura macro just to make this glyph worthwhile?
    No, it strikes me as great design on blizzards part for making something that actually requires the player to think about risk vs reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Actually I don't see unholy holding such a strong advantage over frost anymore, 2min CD on the ghoul that will be a huge chunk of your damage plus the fact he is still squishy will probably hurt unholy pretty badly.
    The only reason I disagree with this is that I see alot of healers now healing pets and not just players. Now that people see that a ghoul-turned-monstrosity can crank out some serious damage ya they will target him, but I believe healers will now watch and pay attention to that as well.

Just a theory, I could be horribly and terribly wrong but its what I did on my healer.

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    No, it strikes me as great design on blizzards part for making something that actually requires the player to think about risk vs reward.
    Would get the same effect if the glyph just added a CC break on use of PoF instead of granting immunity + rooting yourself in place. Honestly, thats how its going to be used 99.99% of the time, might as well just make the glyph work that way, or better yet allow PoF to work that way. It honestly feels like the glyph was designed back when CoI still had a root component to it. God knows DKs could use all the help they can get if things go live as they are.

I think having to use a /cancelaura works for lichborne because both you and the people you're fighitng have to be aware of when its used in order to take advantage of it if the DK doesn't cancel it. In that instance there is actual thought and awareness involved. I'm just not seeing that with Glyph PoF.

Deleted
    Pfft, why are giving so many shaman examples ? Like shamans present any threat to dks in pvp...

Pillar of frost ? fuck that. Unholy dks will have a mob that will hit as hard as the dk himself once empowered. 2v1 ftw.

---------- Post added 2010-10-07 at 10:06 PM ----------

I think having to use a /cancelaura works for lichborne because both you and the people you're fighitng have to be aware of when its used in order to take advantage of it if the DK doesn't cancel it. In that instance there is actual thought and awareness involved. I'm just not seeing that with Glyph PoF.
    Hardly. I macroed lichborne with IBF, just to save a button. Therefore, I can't be stunned by a paladin because ibf is up and he can't fear me either because turn evil has a cast time that I can mindfreeze/ghoul stun. Chain undead from priests also has a cast time.

Imo, dks are in no danger when using lichborne unless we're talking multiple opponents and then the dk has support or is deadmeat anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpopiev2 View Post
    The only reason I disagree with this is that I see alot of healers now healing pets and not just players. Now that people see that a ghoul-turned-monstrosity can crank out some serious damage ya they will target him, but I believe healers will now watch and pay attention to that as well.

Just a theory, I could be horribly and terribly wrong but its what I did on my healer.
    The pet has a lot less HP than the DK atm, and just all around squishy. Most likely the DK would have to spend all his RP on DCs for the pet, they heal for a decent chunk atm like 18k. But then a lot of your damage is taken away so that you can heal the ghoul, and without you the ghoul is going to drop fast so they may just CC you for a bit and nuke it.

But no a healer cant reasonable keep the ghoul up on his own unless the thing attacking it is another healer. Just too much mana drained in a short amount of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Actually I don't see unholy holding such a strong advantage over frost anymore, 2min CD on the ghoul that will be a huge chunk of your damage plus the fact he is still squishy will probably hurt unholy pretty badly. And if you're pvping as a DK you should already be used to cancelaura macros for Lichborne so priests/pallies don't CC you.

Add the fact that they removed the crit part of resilience you can see some pretty nasty obliterates as frost. And the fact that dispelling can't be spammed as much you no longer need to worry so much about not having desecration, Chillblains with HB glyph is more than enough for your slow.
    The pet stun (gnaw) is such a huge advantage in pvp, and frost has nothing nearly equivalent to it. Most people on beta seem to think the pet health being so low is a bug because hunters and warlock pets have much more health at the moment. Also desecration > chillblains. I know frost can pick up desecration, but for frost it would only proc off of plague strike, and frost needs those unholy runes for obliterate. The only way I see frost pulling even or ahead with unholy is if Hungering Cold is reworked to actually be useful, perhaps restoring CoI to its Wrath incarnation in pvp and becoming a CC, like shackle undead, for pve (so us dps dks don't get the shaft running 5 mans, it was painful trying to find a heroic group on my warrior in BC cause everyone wanted someone with CC).

How many times, CCs prevented you to kill a healer on arena ? No more as frost, Pop PoI, Ask for a partner to stun healer or you can CoI him, then ur going to deal pretty good dmg without beeing CCed,

I find this spell pretty awesome in many ways

10+ Year Old Account
    The pet stun (gnaw) is such a huge advantage in pvp, and frost has nothing nearly equivalent to it. Most people on beta seem to think the pet health being so low is a bug because hunters and warlock pets have much more health at the moment. Also desecration > chillblains. I know frost can pick up desecration, but for frost it would only proc off of plague strike, and frost needs those unholy runes for obliterate. The only way I see frost pulling even or ahead with unholy is if Hungering Cold is reworked to actually be useful, perhaps restoring CoI to its Wrath incarnation in pvp and becoming a CC, like shackle undead, for pve (so us dps dks don't get the shaft running 5 mans, it was painful trying to find a heroic group on my warrior in BC cause everyone wanted someone with CC).
    Gnaw while nice doesn't make a spec the king all alone, and why do people keep saying Hungering Cold sucks? Hell then polymorph sucks because people can break it! Get better partners and warn them when you're using it if they keep breaking it.

And in rated BGs it only becomes better, you can get a lot of the range grp CCed with it by mounting up and charging in from the side. Its an ability that makes most people pop their trinkets because of its duration and the fact it CCs everything near you, leaving them open to other CC or stuns. And if their trinket isn't up it can turn the tables easily, kind of hard to hold back a group when some healers and casters are frozen.

And DKs don't need CC as badly as warriors, nor will CC become necessary for all 3 dps to have. DKs make up for their lack of CC with army of the dead, army has to be the greatest CD for most boss fights in heroics. We also have AMS, 45 second CD that eats up most or all of the magic damage for 6 or so seconds. And we can heal ourselves with pet sacrifice, DKs really don't need a CC to be good in heroics.

Deleted
    What I wanna know is what happens if you get Hand of Freedom and then use it.

People keep using the shaman and druid knockbacks as an example for this glyph. The ability itself provides knockback immunity. The glyph just makes it so you cant be sheeped before hand. Though its going to be fun in many ways.

1. Cast Pillar of Frost
    2. Move towards the edge to entice a nice thunderstorm
    3. Cast Dark Simulacrum
    4. IN YO FACE SUCCA! Enjoy the ride down that cliff!
    Last edited by Arngrim310; 2010-10-08 at 08:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arngrim310 View Post
    1. Cast Pillar of Frost
    3. Cast Dark Simulacrum
    I like your way of thinking
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    What I wanna know is what happens if you get Hand of Freedom and then use it.
    division by zero
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    division by zero

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo... *Pillar of Frost* Safe! Now I'll sit back and watch the world crumble from the comfort of my own pillar.

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

Quote Originally Posted by Arngrim310 View Post
    People keep using the shaman and druid knockbacks as an example for this glyph. The ability itself provides knockback immunity. The glyph just makes it so you cant be sheeped before hand. Though its going to be fun in many ways.

1. Cast Pillar of Frost
    3. Cast Dark Simulacrum
    To bad Dark Sim only works on single target spells, no aoe spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakxon View Post
    To bad Dark Sim only works on single target spells, no aoe spells.
    Sadly, Dark Sim seems more and more lackluster every time I read a post about it.

dark simulacrum can only copy spells with mana cost aswell, thunderstorm doesnt really have a mana cost but gives mana instead

could always try with typhoon however

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    I like your way of thinking
    You sir have won this thread.