Thread: 4.0 Arms Setup?

4.0 Arms Setup?

Hey guys I recently joined a new guild that took me in as arms to help buff some of the other dps in the raid ect. With 4.0 comming they are concerned my class seems "broken" so to speak. Can anyone tell me what I need to gem as arms and a good spec to go with? Perhaps a new meta, spec rotation and thoughts? Is my class burnt to raid in 4.0? Were doing lich king 25 next week and the patch might drop before we down him screwing my class over. Anyone any ideas on how to prepare for this?

Fury can't get DW and arms is missing CS (i think we'll learn it at 81)

Seems we are in a quite bad spot...

Broken or not you will still provide the buffs you were recruited for and make sure you tell them this. For gearing it's pretty much like now, except that whatever you can't get strenght out of should have mastery instead. So gem strenght wherever you can and reforge mastery on every slot that has haste.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Moddy View Post
    ... Anyone any ideas on how to prepare for this?
    The best way to prepare is not to have any expectations.

As the poster above correctly pointed out, you lose all your ArP and CS is a lvl 81 ability. Don't expect to go over ~7K dps raid buffed and with 30% ICC buff. Spec and glyphs are really self explanatory. All items with EXP reforge to Mastery, items with hit reforge to mastery as well. Gem hit up to the cap, gem STR the rest. I wouldn't touch any of haste/crit since crit is needed to maintain Enrage, which is much harder to maintain now. Haste is needed for faster rage gain and is the only stat that improves it effectively for Arms Warrior (after capping hit).