Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I seriously doubt that chart's accuracy, and moreover I am 100% positive that Blizzard is simply using the figures of accounts ever registered in WoW -- NOT the amount of active players. They want to seem like they are still growing, and it is all a big marketing stunt.

See for yourselves. Servers are pretty abandoned these days compared to 2 years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I seriously doubt that chart's accuracy, and moreover I am 100% positive that Blizzard is simply using the figures of accounts ever registered in WoW -- NOT the amount of active players. They want to seem like they are still growing, and it is all a big marketing stunt.

See for yourselves. Servers are pretty abandoned these days compared to 2 years back.
    I can guarentee that the chart's inacurate.
    Runescape proves it.
    Sometime in 2007-2008 or whenever I forget they removed the wilderness, runescape lost over half its subscribers instantly. It had steady numbers of like 200-300k people playing at a single time, then after they removed the wilderness it dropped to like 50k at rushhour and only 3k at deadtime. They still only got like 80k players at rushhour now I think.

Runescape definately didn't keep growing at a steady rate like that.

"Servers are pretty abandoned these days compared to 2 years back."

They've created new servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    The chart was put together by a third party site. I'm not saying its accuracy isn't in question, just that you can't blame Blizzard for it.

And Blizz did go into great detail describing who counts for their 12 million count. If any of that information isn't accurate then they would get in serious trouble with their stockholders.
    I disagree. None of the servers I play on are labeled as full and all of them are pretty damn active.

Look at WoW's steady climb to 11.5 mil. Holy cow. That gigantic 5 mil dip freaked me out, but now that you mention it, I remember the issues with WoW China. I imagine the first 3 months will bring a rise in subscriptions, both new players and returning players, and it will drop back off as the expansion goes on, eventually plateauing around 11.5 mil. I don't imagine we'll see much of a decline from that number anytime soon - perhaps when we get a shiny new Blizzard MMO.

That chart doesn't describe the number after the Chine re-launch. Lets assume Wow subscription went down from 11.5 mil to around 7 million. Add 5 million new/ re-activate China subscription, boom, you got 12+ million subscription. Simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    To people asking about the drop, I think that was the Chinese servers going out due to the licensing issues. At the same time, I'm sure that Aion took away some people, but not 5 or so million. (Nothing against the game.)

Besides could have Aion really took away all of them people and then all of them come back a month later? Perhaps.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter