Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by souldrain View Post
    This is a 4.0.1 thread u can't get xp at max lvl,so unless you get honor from adds .........
    Just because you dont get experience doesn't mean they don't yield experience.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Searing pain will only be situational and thats it. U will use it on soloing and pvp when threat doesnt matter. Incinerate will be destro's filler. Also i would stay away from the 2 points out of affliction tree and pick up demonic rebirth and mana feed. Doom and Gloom or wutever its called in affliction tree is more for affliction and demo, rather than destro. Demonic rebirth will be more of a dps increase if ur imp dies, and a free instant cast soulfire with a burning embers on it wiil be alot better i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Evillocksp View Post
    Searing pain will only be situational and thats it. U will use it on soloing and pvp when threat doesnt matter. Incinerate will be destro's filler. Also i would stay away from the 2 points out of affliction tree and pick up demonic rebirth and mana feed. Doom and Gloom or wutever its called in affliction tree is more for affliction and demo, rather than destro. Demonic rebirth will be more of a dps increase if ur imp dies, and a free instant cast soulfire with a burning embers on it wiil be alot better i think.
    So wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cojack View Post
    Adds don't provide experience, so shadowburn seems useless to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by souldrain View Post
    This is a 4.0.1 thread u can't get xp at max lvl,so unless you get honor from adds .........
    Any mob of at least in the range of 7 levels below you is flagged as giving experience to you, whether you are experience capped or not. By your logic, on level cap we wouldn't be able to get any soul shards from any mobs, as they would not give us any experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Cojack View Post
    SP doesn't consume Backdraft procs.
    Neither it benefits from it.

Probably Searing Pain as you mention it is the intent Blizz is going with, but as in current beta build it surpasses Incinerate on targets below 50% in damage per casting time, and aggro problems can be solved easily.

While it is true that demonic rebirth can SOMETIMES provide a dps benefit, doom and gloom will provide it much more often, as Bane of Havoc is entirely useless on single-target fights, hence Bane of Doom will be used. And when was the last time your pet died in ICC? That can only happen if you're forgetful to move him on Lich King Heroic fight but even then Fel Synergy can keep him up. The only 4 fights my imp died on in WotLK are: Lich King, Mimiron, Gormok and the dancing dude from naxx.

Mana Feed should only be concerned for taking if your Imp will go oom in raid environment, which i hope will not happen seeing he had insane mana regen both in TBC and Wotlk, and you have a replenishment for him. Also, pets aren't subject to 5-second rule. Oh yeah, the rule is being removed altogether in cata i believe.

Do note that this is the build for level 80, on level 85 you will have spare talent points to pick the talents you like.
    Last edited by CaspianRoach; 2010-10-08 at 04:57 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mana feed gives u mana back from imps firebolt, so im def goin to take that, i mite not take demonic rebirth tho, ur right there. Wasnt thinking that one out. But ill def take mana feed, for the mana return teamed up with soul leech, will be nice.

Deleted
    Uhh, correct me if i'm wrong.. but isn't there a system in place to stop you from tri-speccing like this
    (graying out the trees until you spend 31 points)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    Uhh, correct me if i'm wrong.. but isn't there a system in place to stop you from tri-speccing like this
    (graying out the trees until you spend 31 points)?
    Was just going to post that. You can't tap into other trees before one has 31 points in it.

I still don't think we should put too much weight on the SP execute exploit. I'm sure Blizz will release the live patch with an adjusted version of the spell to stop us from using it the way we intend to right now.

Anyway, am I the only one that thinks it's pretty fracked up the way a destro lock loses sustained dps after 80%? Most specs and classes gain some kind of ability/increased damage when the target is wounded, we lose a buff. What's that all about?
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Deleted
    I personally am going with http://wowtal.com/#k=CH3C9FPY.a5o.warlock

All the other talents are rather self-explanatory, but why no Shadowburn and why Nether Ward? Well, it's rather simple: Nether Ward absorbs magical damage, any kind of it, and thus you can use it when there is AoE damage incoming. Your healers won't need to spend so much mana on you. And I can't remember a single add giving experience or honor in a boss fight; you don't f.ex. get Ashen Verdict reputation every time you kill an add during the Saurfang fight. You only get reputation, and thus experience/honor, when the boss itself dies. So Shadowburn would be a waste of talents.

Backlash is a poor talent for PvE IMHO: you're not even supposed to be so close to anything that you'd get actual melee hits and thus Backlash can only proc if there is a mechanic similar to Marrowgar. And I highly doubt there will be many that bosses with a mechanic like that.

---------- Post added 2010-10-09 at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Anyway, am I the only one that thinks it's pretty fracked up the way a destro lock loses sustained dps after 80%? Most specs and classes gain some kind of ability/increased damage when the target is wounded, we lose a buff. What's that all about?
    All the others are saying that Searing Pain shouldn't be as good as it is, but I actually feel it is intentional. The thing you just said atleast does support my feelings: it will take atleast a minute, maybe more, to take the boss down from 80% to below 50% so that time you're using Incinerate, and then you gain in DPS again after a while just as most other classes.

Sure, that's true IF they keep SP the way it is now. On the argent tournament dummy I sustained roughly 14k dps with some higher peeks by spamming SP. On regular dummies (with the imp sf buff) I couldn't surpass 11k by spamming incinerates.

I guess we will see if it's all doable...
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Mana feed gives u mana back from imps firebolt, so im def goin to take that, i mite not take demonic rebirth tho, ur right there. Wasnt thinking that one out. But ill def take mana feed, for the mana return teamed up with soul leech, will be nice.
    Sure about that? It says Basic Attack and Imp has none.

I just tried it on ptr as demo with imp out. His firebolt crits do in fact give back mana.
    Last edited by flew2; 2010-10-09 at 06:47 PM.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaspianRoach View Post
    Sure about that? It says Basic Attack and Imp has none.
    It doesnt? What do you call fireball then?
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer J. Simpson

Okay wow I can't belive I have to say this.

1) Shadowburn is not only hitting for fairly decent damage on beta(its about 8-9k crits) but also anything within 7 levels of you gives you all your shards back. Now really, that dosn't matter most times unless you start to pull out soulburn soul fires, but it will help. Also with glyph, this turns Shadowburn into your exacute phase ability.

2) the imps firebolt is in fact a basic attack and will give you mana back for crits. That plus soul leech pretty much keeps you from having to ever lifetap, which is a pretty decent dps increase in and of itself.

ALso as a added note, demo sucks at low haste, but once you build it up to about the 20% haste total area, it kicks destros ass.

Yes, shadowburn is doing more damage then incinerate and we cn think about using glyph of shdowburn.

have you guys tryed reforging your gear? I reforged to get some mastery and my dps increased a lot.

Dethh's rotation is correct I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    has anyone done any numbers of demo with felguard vs. with imp?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggy1111 View Post
    Okay wow I can't belive I have to say this.

1) Shadowburn is not only hitting for fairly decent damage on beta(its about 8-9k crits) but also anything within 7 levels of you gives you all your shards back. Now really, that dosn't matter most times unless you start to pull out soulburn soul fires, but it will help. Also with glyph, this turns Shadowburn into your exacute phase ability.

2) the imps firebolt is in fact a basic attack and will give you mana back for crits. That plus soul leech pretty much keeps you from having to ever lifetap, which is a pretty decent dps increase in and of itself.

ALso as a added note, demo sucks at low haste, but once you build it up to about the 20% haste total area, it kicks destros ass.
    they buffed shadowburn ? Cause for me on PTR [not beta] it hits like wet noodle. 2200 hits and 4400 crits which is pretty pathetic for TALENT. That and the fact it doesnt really scale well with destro.

---------- Post added 2010-10-10 at 06:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by weewarrior View Post
    has anyone done any numbers of demo with felguard vs. with imp?
    For demo imp and FG will do same single target dps as is intended by Blizz, but FG gives you some crazy AOE.

15+ Year Old Account
    and the imp can dispell

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    not sure if u havent played demo or wut, but ive been playing it since BC and have always used my felguard and always will use my felguard. im a huge demo fan, and even someone intending to use imp over felguard as demo is just a waste. and there is no way that the imp will do the same damage as the felguard, not with the skills the felguard gets. demo's burst is crazy now and has some sick sustained damage thru the fight, then spamming soulfire at the end helps our dps even more. love demo on live, and loving it even more in next patch, hits so damn hard.