Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    $6.50 u.s ... $26.50 AUS .. Hence why i do not have an Authenticator, I am not paying $20 postage for something that weighs well what nothing. Talk about being ripped off.
    This is what turns me off most from getting an authenticator.

It costs just shy of 20 bucks to get the damn thing to Canada. CANADA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    Edit...
    I see what your saying, you can use a Java emulator to have a fake authenticator, which is much more vulnerable to hackers. I don't think doing this will be too popular, and it will be a lot of work on hacker's part to detect the few users that do this.
    Nah, he's trying to say that it doesn't affect hackers because they can generate new Authenticator serials in under a minute using an emulator.

That isn't true though, at least for the Android Emulator, because it is linked to your Google account. This change was most certainly made to deter hacking, so hackers can't bind 150158 accounts with one Authenticator.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    For people that say "omg, i gotta buy an authenticator now, BUHU" if you haven't gotten one yet, u should buy one now, or do you wanna wait until AFTER you get hacked and then complain about it taking long to get your characters/stuff/gold back?
    Not all of us play on a "supported" platform. For example I run a 64bit install of linux, and use WINE to play wow. I surf with adblock/noscript/flashblock and firefox. Chances of having a keylogger on my computer targeting wow are low. Also even if I have a authenticator it doesn't protect me completely against key loggers. If i type it into the compromised machine all that needs to happen is for the logger to mess with the auth packets to bliz's servers and then log in using the plaintext versions that i typed in for them.[1] The phone auth parts intrigue me as it is much harder to find out both my fob authenticator and to know how to spoof my phone number, and which number to use. Also I think that caller ID faking is a federal offense in the USA. Anyways, I think that this will in effect help protect gbanks, and such, but I also think the retail boxes of Cata should just have a authenticator in them.

[1] http://www.mmocrunch.com/2010/02/28/...icator-hacked/

A good sign 4.0.1 is right around the corner this here, payches with very limited changes, /exited

Authenticator change is kinda stupid, here in europe you can only pay with credit card - there is just a little problem; here in germany most people don't have credit cards (we have something similar, I think it's called debit card?).

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    "Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated."

Who is this quoted from?
    I was 80% sure it was Mark Twain, 19% sure it was Oscar Wilde, and 1% sure it was Terry Pratchett.

Always go with your gut :P

sick new and improved authenticator...i get about 20emails a day from people trying to hack my account
    that extra bit of security is a nice touch

The phone number thing reminds me of Taiwan's WoW authentication process... Just call the # with your registered phone number and you'll have a few minutes to log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Daumier View Post
    I was 80% sure it was Mark Twain, 19% sure it was Oscar Wilde, and 1% sure it was Terry Pratchett.

Always go with your gut :P
    And I was 99% sure it's the title of a song by a band called Rise Against.

Omg these changes are game-breaking, testing is gona push the patch till next tueday(18th)!

Quote Originally Posted by Milton View Post
    ABOUT AUTHENTICATORS..
    This is a bad idea that only affects the honest ppl. Hackers can use the JAVA emulator on their PC to generate a new code every time they need to hack a new account. Us gamers, if we have, lets say... 2 accounts and use something like a mobile authenticator we will have to buy a NEW DAM PHONE just to keep the 2nd authenticator.
    Can I just ask who had this bright idea.... /facepalm

About the lock changes
    I couldn't care less
    well if you have money for two or more accounts, one more authenticator wouldn't kill you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am quite glad to see that Blizzard is finally going to add an authenticator option for guild ranks. My GM is going to love the news as well, since we've had several guildies hacked this year alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwee View Post
    You know with Blizzard making over 2 billion dollars a year just from player subscription fees you would think they could afford to forgoe only half a million dollars and just make the expac free.
    Because that would require a far greater understanding of how business works than what you just exhibited.

For one thing, the difference between Net and Gross.

Liking the Authenticator requirement option for Guild bank.

LMAO they're celebrating because they just gained 500,000 gold farmers XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Because that would require a far greater understanding of how business works than what you just exhibited.

For one thing, the difference between Net and Gross.
    that and the fact that they are in the business to make money, why would they do something as bizarre as giving something they know 12million people will buy for free lols

Quote Originally Posted by Milton View Post
    ABOUT AUTHENTICATORS..
    This is a bad idea that only affects the honest ppl. Hackers can use the JAVA emulator on their PC to generate a new code every time they need to hack a new account. Us gamers, if we have, lets say... 2 accounts and use something like a mobile authenticator we will have to buy a NEW DAM PHONE just to keep the 2nd authenticator.
    Can I just ask who had this bright idea.... /facepalm

About the lock changes
    I couldn't care less
    Androidusers can download either FlexAuth (free) or mAuth ($2) wich both supports multiple tokens for Battle.net account.
    They both have a backup function for you tokens aswell, incase something will happen to your phone.
    Not sure if theres anything for iPhone yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimanium View Post
    This is what turns me off most from getting an authenticator.

It costs just shy of 20 bucks to get the damn thing to Canada. CANADA.
    You're doing something very wrong then. I got mine for 6 bucks.

Albertain here.

10+ Year Old Account
    That ptr build is exciting from the standpoint that it looks as though we are closing in on live release. Not much left.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

12 million. That's as many as a million dozens.

And that's terrible.