Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    Also, whoever knows what I am talking about will get a cookie ;]
    mmm, cookie, mmm SWG?

Quote Originally Posted by neiko View Post
    mmm, cookie, mmm SWG?
    Good man!
    The clues were "Rage" Like Rage of the Wookies expansion and "Jump...speed of light" Like the Jump to Lightspeed expansion, for people who thought I was making no sense =P

And erm, Yeah I have cookies here, and will eat them in your honour =]

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Where?
    if you find out, let me know please
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Starsurge View Post
    They'll keep making lore as long as it keeps making money
    agree - we wont see the end of wow until they start losing subscribers on a massive scale

Quote Originally Posted by renagade raven View Post
    the end of wow will happen when they decide to remove classes, i.e. Hunters, get rid of any kind of talents, and decide to make a lot of the moves really boring.
    They will call it the "combat upgrade" and people will rage, then jump away from the game faster than the speed of light.

Also, whoever knows what i am talking about will get a cookie ;]
    swg nge
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

or they make peace?

Quote Originally Posted by Malekith View Post
    they already announced that warcraft 4 is something they will be working on
    Source please?

Also, as long as WoW is still raking in money, they wont stop.
    If we hit level 100 and kill Sargeras they will probally make up more bosses that were behind him all along!

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    swg nge
    R.I.P Great game.
    But someone beat you to it, so no cookie!

Back on Topic: As others have said, it wont end 'till people stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
    World of Starcraft
    No its Starcraft Universe!

Not sure whats next but even when they run out of evil people from the books for us to kill they may throw in a twist like a new planet with a new set of evil.
    The spirit of the alliance will never die even when all is lost

That ending of WoW idea is half bad actually. I think they'll more likely do some wishy washy "everyone loves each other" ending. Ofcourse this'll be years from now so no point in dreading over it.

New Rumor: Deathwing and Sargeras work out all their differences and finally get hitched. Also Cookie is promoted to Grand Space Admiral of Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
    World of Starcraft
    Judging by what Blizzard has said; no, this will not be the case.

They said the new MMO is a new IP, meaning that their existing IP's (Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft) would not be used for this MMO... But, it would be cool none the less.

Deleted
    As long as theyre making millions of dollars they are not gonna end it

lets see... 12million people play wow now... ugh this game is far from over

It wouldn't be hard to make a WoW 2. Just leave Sargeras alone and have the Burning Legion come back in WC4, and then venture into a new storyline with new threats to set up WoW2 or kill him and just make something completely new. Velen could still be alive, Horde could fall apart, Forsaken could finally go rogue.

It's hard to tell what they would do since Cata isn't out yet and we have no idea what future expansions they have in stall for this WoW.

My hope has always been this:

So when the game is coming to an end, an event will begin where once you die, you cannot resurrect again. Also, (like in the Japanese movie "Battle Royale"), as time passes some zones just become off-limits (you will die if you're in that zone after that time. This way you will force the surviving players closer towards each other. Basically, forcing people to fight until there is one player left per server. Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny imo.

Any details can be worked out for this, it's very doable.

Hope you like my wishful thinking.

this game will only end when they have 400 subscribers or something ridiculusly low. and as far as i can tell since wotlk they gained 2 million extra subscribers how many do you think catas gna bring as wotlk was in many peoples opinions the lamest of expansions on many difernt levels. pluss if bliz do make a wow 2 or some other mmo and just miraculusly decide to scrap wow hope they keep the system requirments on the low side thats one of the reason i think wow is still so hugley popular you get a good game thats prety addictive and doesnt require high end machines look at aoc aion the new final fantasy all needing top end machines to run. keep the specs low to keep the subscribers high

Quote Originally Posted by Abdiesus View Post

So when the game is coming to an end, an event will begin where once you die, you cannot resurrect again. Also, (like in the Japanese movie "Battle Royale"), as time passes some zones just become off-limits (you will die if you're in that zone after that time. This way you will force the surviving players closer towards each other. Basically, forcing people to fight until there is one player left per server. Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny imo.

The concept is interesting, but... loose the characters for good that I have played for 6 years? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Malekith View Post
    they already announced that warcraft 4 is something they will be working on
    They did say back at Blizzcon in 2008 that they will be using the same trilogy concept on Warcraft 4 that they are using with Starcraft 2. I am assuming that is what Malekith is talking about. A lot of people took this as a confirmation that they will be making a Warcraft 4 but I think they meant that it is what they will do if they make a Warcraft 4.

Honestly though I think it would be really interesting to end the Warcraft storyline of orcs vs. humans at Sargeras at the end of WoW and then create a Warcraft 4 with a completely different storyline and perspective of the Warcraft universe. Maybe follow the Naruu's storyline or something.

---------- Post added 2010-10-08 at 02:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abdiesus View Post

It's a good idea but realistically what they will probably do is just get to a point where they quit releasing crap and just make it ftp.

10+ Year Old Account
    death for mmo's of this size happen slowly.... look at EQ. and wow's lifecycle is 3-5X longer in duration then EQ.

besides blizz has mentioned a new title they are pursuing for an mmo, one that lacks lore with finite ends. So they can make it up as they go, allowing they to make an even longer product lifecycle. Its just good business strategy.