10+ Year Old Account

Problems with tanking

So, recently ive had a few small problems with keeping aggro just in random heroics, specifically when im tanking with paladin/hunter dps i just cannot hold aggro on them, even with vigilance, their Aoe abilities are just too much for my TC and SW to handle.
    Any suggestions to my spec/chants/anything would be much appreciated as i try to be the test tank that i can.
    Im not allowed to link, but im Grimmshield on Gilneas, US

It's understandable since thouse people have better gear no doubt, and yours is currently lacking.
    TC and SW alone doesn't cut it, you also need to use up all your extra rage on Cleave spam(make sure you glyph it) you also want to use Revenge on every possible oportunity.
    Make sure you charge in for every new pack, since there are many benefits to doing this(extra rage, you get to mobs before the DPS).
    Last but not least, if you're doing just heroics, and have some extra DPS gear, replace some of your tank gear while maintaining 535 defense, in order to generate more threat. Ideally replacing your trinkets with DPS ones for heroics gives you the best yeald.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Deleted
    Like Grie said, it's possibly a matter of gear but performance still goes along way. Personally, I think good and fast tab targeting is one of the secrets to warrior aoe tanking. After you charge/pull hit TC and SW. From there you need to turn every white attack into cleave, if possible, while switching targets. Use either your mouse or tab key for this and hit the target 1-2 times with high threat abilities; e.g. revenge, shield slam, devastate. The tab key is quick but can be unreliable at times because it can basically jump between two same targets or jump to a target far away all together so it's a good idea to get use to using your mouse for this. Zul'drak is particularly annoying in this regard, especially the first room with the snakes.

Also get accustomed to tracking the mobs that you are currently tanking and identify which you need to hit next. Never trust the DPS to actually attack the one you are targeting. The common theme is when you charge mob A the fury warrior will charge mob B and the mage will nuke the mob C, so you need to be quick and just try stay ahead of the pack. Vigilance is something that is only useful when on the proper target and it's not always straight forward. You can usually bet that fury warriors are going to be an issue but you need to quickly glance their gear and make an estimate, who will do the most threat. I tend to not use hunters, at least until the first couple of pulls. If they use MDs then are basically using vigilance on themselves and you'll be better off with someone else. Same with rogues, if they use ToT, again pick another target.

Get a system that you can easily employ to switch vigilance targets. I use Grid + Clique to just let me right click to switch it. On raids, I sometimes switch mid-fight.

For your spec, can't really see a whole lot wrong with it. I would switch the glyph of resonating power to something more useful like glyph of devastate or shield wall. Also put two points to Damage Shield.

Good luck.