Poll: Do you think Ret is currently useless?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it just me or...

Is Ret the weakest PvP class in game at the moment? 95% of all the hate towards Ret Paladin is due to us being OP in 3.0 and able to kill 0 Resil players in Battlegrounds much more easily than other players. But from what I have seen, every class excels where Ret fails. And Ret seems to fail in every sense of the word.
    1. Ret is only really viable up until 1800 - 2000, after that it becomes useless.
    2. Ret has no fear/incapacitate counter, which means Warlocks and Priests destroy them.
    3. Ret damage is pathetic, nearly every spec/class seems to be able to out burst a Ret Paladin's pathetic numbers.
    4. Ret has no gap closer, meaning any ranged dps with a brain can kite them.
    5. Ret has no offensive utilities. Other than Repentance, the worst incapacitate in game, and Hammer of Justice, Ret seems to have no offensive abilities other than Avenging Wrath, which usually can't be used because you need to use bubble or Lay on Hands in order to survive.
    6. Ret has the lowest health pool out of all the plate dps. In my PvP set, main set 2p Wrathful, 2p Relentless, 1p Relentless equiv, offset Wrathful/264-771 PvE. I sit around 30k health unbuffed. In the Battlegrounds I see Warriors and Deathknights with 2k - 3k more health than I do with the same, or a little less, gear than I have.
    7. Ret brings the same group utility as Protribution, but has less survivability, offensive utilities, and burst.
    8. Ret is completely and utterly reliant upon defensive CD in order to do anything productive in PvP, which tends to mean they are useless a vast majority of the time in PvP.

These are just personal observations that I have noticed while on my Ret Paladin and on my other characters. As of yet, have not seen one redeeming quality about Ret Paladin other than they can own noobs, which are non existant in Battlegrounds from what I have seen. So, is it just me or is Ret terrible?

10+ Year Old Account
    you've just conformed to ret being easy, and quite faceroll.
    OT and not to troll, ive been placed under the impression that at 85 Ret is fairly balanced and a blast to play. You have to remember that blizzard said level 80 after the patch will be nuts, and to deal with it, and that would get better as you level (balancing out)
    Last edited by Snuph; 2010-10-08 at 04:15 AM. Reason: spellzorzing

Quote Originally Posted by Snuph View Post
    you've just conformed to ret being easy, and quite faceroll.
    OT and not to troll, ive been placed under the impression that at 85 Ret is fairly balanced and a blast to play. You have to remember that blizzard said level 80 after the patch will be nuts, and to deal with it, and that would get better as you level (balancing out)
    Rets ALOT more fun at 85 (I'm in the BETA) since theres alot more to it than just LAWLFACEROLL. I'm speaking about Ret's viability now. I know this is a piss poor time to talk about it though, since the patch is suspected to be next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Norway, way way way way way way way way north.
    Dk full wrathful, 33k hp unbuffed :<

Also in 1v1 with another Shadowmourne pala in guild I just see him doing a ridicilous amount of damage on me, at least with wings.
    Death Knight Main
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Protqt View Post
    I click
    I keyboard turn
    I never go LoS

Oh, did I forget to say that I got glad as LSD?

Quote Originally Posted by Theonen View Post
    Also in 1v1 with another Shadowmourne pala in guild I just see him doing a ridicilous amount of damage on me, at least with wings.
    Shadowmourne + Wings = Alot of damage. Tho', wings = death alot of the time 'cause we can't use any of our other defensive cooldowns, which means people are free to jump on us and stab us.

To the topic: Retribution Paladins aren't useless, just not as good as alot of the other classes.

To the one below me: Those warlocks and priests gotta be awful then :3
    Last edited by CoreMikasa; 2010-10-08 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    i never realy did high rathed arena with my pala. i pref lock. but i can pwn locks and priest just bubble to break and the dimminissed returns. ofcourse if he is smart he know the way around it. gap closer would be nice but we get one next patch. that dmg isn't that great with good gear in contrasted to poor gear is true. pala is a classe that is easy to play but hard to master i geuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just you.

Seen Braindeadly's vid? If not go watch it.

Deleted
    Don't worry, we are going to get our counter-snare

ret is >3k rated on bg9
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

recently today in my full wrath t2 gear a ret paladin crit me 7k.....most i crit him is about 1-4k

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    ret is >3k rated on bg9
    Pve gear. Have you bothered to look at the ret and the hunters gear in the team?

Also yes Ret owns in bgs when low resi comes in place and there is usully few healers in bgs which makes rets shine. Any healer with gear can outheal a ret while laughing at him. But yeah 1 dps isn't supposed to kill a healer anyway.

does it matter how he did it?

Roll prot,problem fixed

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    does it matter how he did it?
    Wow. Dumbest question I have seen in a while. So it's fair there is a triple fire mage team at 3.1k rating who wintraded there. After all they are there now. Does it matter how they did it?

Yeah, because there's no difference between (ab)using great pve gear or CHEATING
    idiot

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, because there's no difference between (ab)using great pve gear or CHEATING
    idiot
    You asked if it mattered how he did it. I just said that yes it matters.

Trying to draw my argument ad absurdum just shows that you have no arguments of your own to offer.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to draw my argument ad absurdum just shows that you have no arguments of your own to offer.
    So to sum it up you feel it's fine with legendarys? You feel it's fine to abuse pve gear so you can keyboard turn to gladiator? You find it fine that just by getting end game pve gear you get a viable class?

NO class in the game should be viable just cause of pve gear. Only cause you are a butt hurt rogue that gets owned by keyboard turning rets paladins doesn't mean that ret paladins are fine on higher ratings. You sir are really biased. Even tho i might sound really biased but just post ret paladins are fine on arenajunkies and loads of people will laugh at you mostly :P

Just my 2 cents. And yeah. I came up with a argument :<