Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warcraft Movie some new/old info

This is new info for the people who don't know and old new for the people who do know... anyways if this topic has been posted somewhere please tell where it is and I'll delete this thread and move my post to that thread.

Anywho I was checking http://warcraft-themovie.com/

and I found out that Brandon Routh (Superman Returns) and Michelle Marrow want to be acting in the WoW movie.

I also found out through the website that Michelle is a guild leader and killing Saurfang in ICC. Probably further than that but yeah thats so awesome.

and Sam Raimi plays WoW 0.0

Anyways I think you guys might enjoy watching the interviews and reading the small articles for aren't up to date.

This is very interesting. Every so often I've popped my head in on what Warcraft movie info was around, but I confess it's been off my radar as of late. The interest expressed by those actors is certainly promising, and I still hope beyond hope that there will finally be a vidya game movie that the general public can enjoy, even without being addicted to the game upon which its based.

That said, I also hope beyond hope that the project will ever make headway at all. Hell, there was talk of it back when I was a sophomore in university, and I've been graduated for two years now.
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!

Yeah I love that the 2 actors and the director are interested and have played WoW, makes me feel that this movie won't go to a hyped blockbuster movie failure.

Deleted
    Brandon Routh is new-ish, but Michelle Marrow isn't. I think that was back in January, maybe February. And again that Sam Raimi attempting to play WoW isn't that new either.

So..

:P

Michelle can lead the Undead anyday /drool. Would be funny to see Samuel Jackson as a character in a WoW movie lawl.

Lol. When Sam Raimi was asks a WoW specific question he acted as if he had barely even touched the game. Said he got his shaman to level 20ish at the most. I doubt these people have played the game on a serious level. Now if one of these actors came out and said they were an avid player, raided on a weekly schedule, or maybe read of some the books at the very least.. Then I would be impressed.

the movie is on hold for a while because raimi is doing the wizard of oz prequel first.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/...aimi-warcraft/

10+ Year Old Account
    Ron Perlman to star please *prays*.

Brad Dourif simply has to play an undead of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Musterion View Post
    Ron Perlman to star please *prays*.
    Yes! But he should prioritize. His role on Sons of Anarchy > Any role he's ever played... AND IT'S A TELEVISION SHOW!

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by propsmc90 View Post

and Sam Raimi plays WoW 0.0
    you can play the game and know nothing about the lore. he probably has a lvl25 huntard.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    you can play the game and know nothing about the lore. he probably has a lvl25 huntard.
    he got to the 20's on a Shammy. Actually, Kudos to him for that. He probably quit the game cause the water totem quest.

ooooooooollllddd news.
    I hope Blizzard passes it to a different director if Rami is going to have a "take my sweet ass time" attitude with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by thealexbobsy View Post
    Lol. When Sam Raimi was asks a WoW specific question he acted as if he had barely even touched the game. Said he got his shaman to level 20ish at the most. I doubt these people have played the game on a serious level. Now if one of these actors came out and said they were an avid player, raided on a weekly schedule, or maybe read of some the books at the very least.. Then I would be impressed.
    Yes, god forbid their jobs that have more demanding schedules than simply "Go to class from 7-4, M-F, YAY THREE MONTHS OFF IN THE SUMMER!" that allow them to make millions upon millions of dollars don't afford them the luxury of having enough time to play a video game with enough gusto to satisfy some kid on the internet.

It doesn't matter if the actors involved even know what the game is. They are actors. The reason they make money is because most of them are capable of playing a role.

The only people involved who should have any knowledge of the lore (you see, the actual game doesn't matter as far as the movie is concerned) are the writers. As long as Sam Raimi has a general idea what's going on, as long as the writers did their job and they actually hire talented actors (instead of B-list, at best)... it'll be fine.

But no, Bobby Long/Superman shouldn't automatically get a part in a movie that will probably require some acting, because he thinks he should by virtue of showing a passing interest in the game.

Superman guy can play Gamon. Nothing else.

Deleted
    Dejavu, also you posting at wrong forum

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, it's not that Sam Raimi "plays" wow, persay. He's been playing it to get an idea of what the game is like and why so many players love it so much (read the interview they had with him). Although, he may still play, but at the time of reading that interview, a couple months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flargen View Post
    The only people involved who should have any knowledge of the lore (you see, the actual game doesn't matter as far as the movie is concerned) are the writers. As long as Sam Raimi has a general idea what's going on, as long as the writers did their job and they actually hire talented actors (instead of B-list, at best)... it'll be fine.
    Chris Metzen is Co-producing the film, he invented MUCH (if not all) of the lore for the game, i think the movie and its scripting are in capable hands, and as far as Brandon Routh (he was awesome in Chuck) AND Michelle Morrow (totally hawt and smart, and plays wow, and raids...and..and...and...) the project is looking up as far as im concerned

10+ Year Old Account
    Sam Raimi has made some wonderful movies. That being said, I really hope Bruce Campbell gets a part in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    Chris Metzen is Co-producing the film, he invented MUCH (if not all) of the lore for the game, i think the movie and its scripting are in capable hands, and as far as Brandon Routh (he was awesome in Chuck) AND Michelle Morrow (totally hawt and smart, and plays wow, and raids...and..and...and...) the project is looking up as far as im concerned
    Brandon Routh hasn't shown to be capable of playing anything besides some variation of a pretty boy.
    Michele Morrow hasn't been in anything besides shitty slasher films, as far as I can tell. I hadn't heard of her until this topic, so I had to look on IMDB. Since I don't think there are any female characters in Warcraft lore who need to do nothing but scream and be covered in blood and/or die violently, I'm not sure what she has to offer.

This movie needs high-talent actors to be successful and not just end up a parody of itself. The ground is shaky enough as it is, and the track record for video game movies is pretty terrible. Hiring people who have a very limited range of acting just because their publicist says they like the game is a recipe for failure.

as far as making the movie goes. i dont think it helps any that they play WoW.

what would help is if they played the warcraft rts games. where the meat of the story and the real feel of warcraft is found