Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question can anyone confirm this

I just want to hear a word about hunter dps both on 80 and 85
    because while frostheim states that his dps is lower by 1k on beta than on live while others say that they have dps boost.
    Plus it's hard to find credible info with all whiney "omg hunter class is broken" threads

Also I'd like to hear word about 85 pvp bg as hunter (because all I hear from 80 lvl bg is "lack aspect of the fox" I'm not interested in pvp anyway until I reach lvl cap so I'd like to hear something about it too)

i can confirm that.

..confirm what exactly?

---------- Post added 2010-10-08 at 03:03 PM ----------

I maybe didn't write it correct..I mean: so can anyone confirm if dps output is higher or lower? :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokrin View Post
    I just want to hear a word about hunter dps both on 80 and 85
    Numbers not balanced yet.

According to my sources the hunter rotation is all about focus management. If you do it right it's a boost, if you don't understand it properly your dps will suffer. You're just gonna have to wait it out and see.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't play beta, so this is assumption:

While the hunter class (played perfectly) may see damage output gains, its likely it will take time for players to get used to the new game play. All in all, its not worth stressing over, because it will be balanced/rebalanced accordingly.

I confirm.

wait what

thanks for reply..now I can go and finish my work with peace in my mind ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Unconfirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's an entire new resource system to learn, everyone's dps is going to be a bit unpredictable until we settle into Focus

And until they remove the horrible command queueing system they're trying out.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Confirmed!

But honestly your poor sentence structure confused me.
    Are you telling us that you have heard that level 85 hunter DPS is low... I am really not sure what you are getting at.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trlz View Post
    According to my sources the hunter rotation is all about focus management. If you do it right it's a boost, if you don't understand it properly your dps will suffer. You're just gonna have to wait it out and see.
    In theory Hunter rotation doesn't change at all since we never had a rotation to begin with we had a priority list. So basicly with Focus our priority list won't change but instead of using our skill directly when CD is gone we might have to use another Steady Shot to be able to afford the highest priority shot.

i can confirm that the information has not been confirmed

Deleted
    Not sure what to confirm, but pvp we are worse than ever before. BW lost immunity to cc, mm lost disarm, we have no stings, no more mana leech, and our stealth is useless. We are like in wotlk but with even LESS tools, while most of the other classes got something useful in pvp hunters got nothing nothing useful new, while we even lost most of our old tools.

DPS wise, i don't believe numbers are final since mages,wl,ele shamans and moonkin dps is just SICK atm.

oh..then I guess I just wait at least untill 4.0.1 to start whining

I would confirm it for you....but YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

guess what? you can always play the ptr... and OMG what is this? test it out yourself. NO WAY!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    our stealth is useless
    We never had stealth in the first place and we were never going to have it, so your statement makes no sense :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    We never had stealth in the first place and we were never going to have it, so your statement makes no sense :P
    You camouflage, blending into into your surroundings, causing you and your pet to be untargetable by ranged attacks, reduces the range at which enemy creatures can detect you, and providing stealth while stationary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    You camouflage, blending into into your surroundings, causing you and your pet to be untargetable by ranged attacks, reduces the range at which enemy creatures can detect you, and providing stealth while stationary.
    thats not useless at all.

OT: Someone WILL find the "perfect rotation" eventually but im guessing its gonna be hard to pull it off *perfectly* all the time with lag, movement, and whatnot. However i know we will be able to sustain dps indefinitely and not gimp ourselves by going into AotV.