Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4.0.1 Stone keeper shards strategy

I just checked the ptr:

ON LIVE: 30 stone keeper shards can buy you one wintergrasp commendation

ON PTR: Wintergrasp commendations are worth 50 honor and are BoA

WHEN 4.0.1 HITS : 30 stone keeper shards are being converted to 48 honor points when the conversion happens.

So it looks like its more beneficial to buy a ton of wintergrasp commendations rather than have the conversion do it for you.

any thoughts? am I getting this wrong?

doesn't really matter I dont think. Both have the same result. You save 30 stone keeper shards for expansion and they turn into 48 honor. Or you can turn them in for 2k honor which will also turn into 48 honor at expansion. You get the same amount either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    doesn't really matter I dont think. Both have the same result. You save 30 stone keeper shards for expansion and they turn into 48 honor. Or you can turn them in for 2k honor which will also turn into 48 honor at expansion. You get the same amount either way.

No you misunderstood.

On the PTR, 1 commendation is giving 50 honor, AND they are BoA(Thinking goblin + worgen rerolls)! Whereas 30 shards are worth 48 honor...

Quote Originally Posted by thedrummar View Post
    No you misunderstood.

On the PTR, 1 commendation is giving 50 honor, AND they are BoA(Thinking goblin + worgen rerolls)! Whereas 30 shards are worth 48 honor...
    So you plan on buying a bunch of commendations and then waiting until 4.0.1 or whatever patch brings in the new points and then turning them in?

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    So you plan on buying a bunch of commendations and then waiting until 4.0.1 or whatever patch brings in the new points and then turning them in?
    Exactly!

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    for those little points u get more lol
    50% of the Hunter population does not exist. They are Huntards.
    Don't Typ to Much, Lazy to Read

15+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that with the quest revamps and some of the new(er) lowbie dungeon rewards they've done in past months, buying honour gear for your re-roll is not going to be an especially effective way to go. On the other hand, if the two points mean that much to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
    My guess is that with the quest revamps and some of the new(er) lowbie dungeon rewards they've done in past months, buying honour gear for your re-roll is not going to be an especially effective way to go. On the other hand, if the two points mean that much to you...
    Well if you stockpile them (I have >1000 stone keepers shards on ONE of my chars, +500 n the rest) I can hold on to the commendations until 85. Theres no limit to the amount of commendations I can have (and if there is, seems easy enough to just filter them to alts to hold on to)

Essentially I can get 75k honor as soon as I hit 85 and get some gears.

However, I don't really care enough to do this, and I'd rather just pvp for the honor anyways (more fun ^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by mehdie View Post
    for those little points u get more lol
    I have over 4000 stone keeper shards... so ya it makes a difference

Don't forget that the Wintergrasp Commendations are BoA while the new honor points won't be. Get that honor to your main!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Truesight View Post
    What's the price on the mammoth? Does anyone know?
    http://www.wowhead.com is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by phaffo View Post
    Get that honor to your main!
    Or in my case, Get that honor off your main!

basically you are speaking about a 4% lose .... making a thread on a 4% lose on something that ... is not important really for anyone (except maybe you?) ... I don't get it ..

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com is your friend.
    I'm going to assume that poster meant the honor cost post patch which isn't listed at anything on the Wowhead site.

Quote Originally Posted by Cema View Post
    basically you are speaking about a 4% lose .... making a thread on a 4% lose on something that ... is not important really for anyone (except maybe you?) ... I don't get it ..
    Loss. And 4% of a very large number is still a pretty large number. I imagine this is important to anyone who plans on purchasing some type of PvP gear with honor in cata. Which is probably a very large amount of the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Cema View Post
    The point isn't the two honor difference. It's the BoA:iness of them.

The theory is that you can buy a bunch of "Wintergrasp commendations" and stockpile those and then when you create your Worgen or Goblin you mail those BoA commendations to your new alt and get a head start on honor. I'm pretty sure they have thought of that though, and will simply consume the commendations in the currency conversion, otherwise you could simply bypass the soft/hardcap and keep a lot more than 4000 new honor points. You can still pass your honor to an alt if you transfer your commendations prior to the conversion, but not to a new Goblin or Worgen, since you can't create those until well after the currency conversion have rolled out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should do some Wintergrasp to get enough honor to buy my alt a full set of 60 pvp gear for just being an auction alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcyz View Post
    Loss. And 4% of a very large number is still a pretty large number. I imagine this is important to anyone who plans on purchasing some type of PvP gear with honor in cata. Which is probably a very large amount of the player base.
    Exactly, right now I can get enough commendations for 7000+ honor points that I can use on ANY of my characters . Not to mention you cant buy WG commendations on the PTR currently

This is a pretty good idea tbh. I'll probably use it for my alts