Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    why does everyone assume he is going for realm first?

he just wants to know if he can play his main as goblin instead of something else.
    Race changing his main to Goblin at launch may be possible, yet highly unlikely. No point in fashioning the starting zones Blizzard did for the new races if players can just change into Goblin/Worgen at launch. Anything is subject to change, but I wouldn't count on this happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

I think most people will still want to try out the new content even if they race change their mains.

10+ Year Old Account
    The realm first achievements say "complete the quest line". I'm assuming that these questlines will only be available to Goblin/Worgen made from scratch, as then Blizzard could allow people to race change as soon as Cata hits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntic View Post
    The realm first achievements say "complete the quest line". I'm assuming that these questlines will only be available to Goblin/Worgen made from scratch, as then Blizzard could allow people to race change as soon as Cata hits.
    The correct answer is "Assume no until a Blue comes out and says 'Yes.'"

Those that adamantly believe that it's going to happen are going to come back here Dec. 7 and whine, piss, and moan about how much they hate Blizzard if race change to Goblin/Worgen isn't immediately available at launch.
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    Diablo 3 Profile

15+ Year Old Account
    You can change to worgen/goblin at launch, but you WONT get worgen/goblin first 85 if u do, if u look at the achievement "First goblin on the realm to achieve level 85 who completed the Lost Isles quest chain." My best guess is if u race change at lvl 80 orso you cant do the Lost Isles quest chain. (Unless this have been changed, im not 100% sure of this)

Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    The correct answer is "Assume no until a Blue comes out and says 'Yes.'"

Those that adamantly believe that it's going to happen are going to come back here Dec. 7 and whine, piss, and moan about how much they hate Blizzard if race change to Goblin/Worgen isn't immediately available at launch.
    and if they are made avail on dec 7 then people are going to whine, piss, and moan about how much they hate blizzard if race change to Goblin/Worgen are available at launch.

personally im hoping for them being avail.

and to clarify,
    WE WONT KNOW IF THEY ARE OR ARE NOT AVAIL UNTIL BLIZZ SAYS YES OR NO. THE REALM 1ST CLARIFICATION MEANS NOTHING

Officially, nobody knows.

Unofficially...

There's really good arguments on both sides. Whatever they do, they can't make everyone happy - but they can make an extra $25+ per character by allowing the change right away. Why wouldn't they?

I wonder if Blues have even addressed this yet.. wonder where it would be under the WoW Forums.. hmm.. off to go look :P
    btw - Speelling, I R TiReD! no Speel for U!

Blizzard will let this happen, just look at the achievement for "Level 85 gob who has completed the lost isle quest chain" MEANING YES THEYLL LET IT HAPPEN.

They are money hungry, people will buy this and they know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garekh View Post
    No one is assuming he is, we're just telling him why it's the way it is.

Blizz wants you to level Goblins / Worgen the correct way first through all the new content rather than having everyone just skip all of it with faction transfers.
    Precisely this. There were a few blue posts a while back stating they wanted to hold off on these race changes until a month or two, unless they've changed it. I'm guessing it's going to be like that.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Precisely this. There were a few blue posts a while back stating they wanted to hold off on these race changes until a month or two, unless they've changed it. I'm guessing it's going to be like that.
    Mind linking one of those blue posts? The most recent Blue post I've seen (last week) said there still hasn't been an official answer. I can't include the link in my post since I'm new to these forums, but you can easily search for the 10/4/10 post.

As I said, I think there's good arguments on both sides. Personally though, I don't think Bliz really cares whether or not people who already have 80's see the new content right away. It's not really there for them - it's there to convert all of those trial people who quit in the first couple of weeks to being long-term paid customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Quill42 View Post
    Officially, nobody knows.

Unofficially...

There's really good arguments on both sides. Whatever they do, they can't make everyone happy - but they can make an extra $25+ per character by allowing the change right away. Why wouldn't they?
    He speaks truth
    History of Illumination

Patch 4.1.0 (2010-10-XX): This talent is gone...
    Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This talent now returns 30% of the mana cost of the spell instead of 60%.
    Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): This talent now only gives 60% of the mana cost of the critical heal.
    Prior to Patch 2.1.0, Illumination granted a 100% mana gain after a related crit

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's how it goes down:
    Yes you will have faction/race transfer after you update your Wrath account to Cataclysm.
    Will you be allowed to recieve the Achievement? No. You will not, There was a Blue post somewhere on the Worldofwarcraft.com forums under the cataclysm thing i believe about it. You CAN, but you won't get to get the cool achievement of being the first true level 85 Worgen something or other.

Made by Ariyana!

who cares its afraking achivement
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

As far as I know, there's no restriction. However, the level 85 Worgen/Goblin achievement only applies to those who do the starting zone quest, I believe.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaritch View Post
    and if they are made avail on dec 7 then people are going to whine, piss, and moan about how much they hate blizzard if race change to Goblin/Worgen are available at launch.

personally im hoping for them being avail.

and to clarify,
    WE WONT KNOW IF THEY ARE OR ARE NOT AVAIL UNTIL BLIZZ SAYS YES OR NO. THE REALM 1ST CLARIFICATION MEANS NOTHING
    Touche. Can't please everyone. I don't care either way. I just don't see why people are bothering to feverishly argue either side when Blizzard themselves haven't said decided one way or another yet: link here.
    Diablo 3 Profile

The achievemnt for being the first worgen/goblin to 85 will require that you do the starting experience quests. If you racechage at 85 you cant do those, hence no achievement.

lol.. because people don't pay attention..

1) There is an achievement that requires the starting areas for the new factions to get first 85 for new factions.
    2) Before information on Said achievement mentioned in 1) was given out, Blizzard said that they would restrict allowing people to change so that no one has an "unfair advantage"
    3) Many people are not interested in the achievement for 85, we simply wanna go Feral (worgen) or go boomy-boom (goblin) at launch.

Now, the question again is, Has information given in 1) changed officially?
    btw - Speelling, I R TiReD! no Speel for U!

Quote Originally Posted by balgus82 View Post
    look at the under development page on the official site. Nowhere on 4.0.1 OR 4.0.3 does it say anything at all about the new races being available. race/class combinations are completely different than new races. that means when 4.0.3. hits you can make a Nightelf Mage or a Bloodelf warrior or another new COMBINATION like that. not worgens and goblins.
    Waaaiiiitt.. the new class combinations is available at 4.0.1 / 4.0.3? D: LINK NAOW.
    Last edited by Saydyn; 2010-10-09 at 12:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no argument against it, for realm first you need the questline.
    Whats the harm in letting people pay good money to change their race, by letting them do so people will get bored real fast by so many worgens and race change again. Double money.