Thread: Tons of badges

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Tons of badges

Sitting on 1800+ Triumphs and 1300+ Frosts atm, wondering what to spend on come patch day, guildee suggested turn frosts to saronites and leave triumphs to get converted to justice until cap and rest sent as gold, spending justice points on saronite to keep under cap to continue receiving justice points post patch. Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    if I'm not mistaken, the cap for Justice points is just 350 frost or triumph
    so I'd spend some on Saronites while they still go for 300g each
    and of course gems before Cata gems are introduced

maybe build your Herald of the Titans/Argent Defender gear sets

10+ Year Old Account
    buy eternals and sell em to the alchys making gems once they come off Xmute CD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by lilhoe View Post
    Sitting on 1800+ Triumphs and 1300+ Frosts atm, wondering what to spend on come patch day, guildee suggested turn frosts to saronites and leave triumphs to get converted to justice until cap and rest sent as gold, spending justice points on saronite to keep under cap to continue receiving justice points post patch. Thoughts?
    Well, given that on 4.0.1 day, all emblems of Frost/Triumph turn to JP, regardless of the 4000 soft-cap. At conversion you can and will break the cap. And since the Emblem-to-JP converion is spot-on, buy the Saronites after, not before, when Triumphs can buy them too, effectively. The 4000 HARDCAP isn't until 4.0.3, which would be another 1+ months. Keep in mind, you can't earn points over 4000 in 4.0.1, so you need to get under that to do it.

If you want gold, turn em into Conquests. 5.5g per emblem isn't bad.

Suggestions? Make sure you got all the Heirlooms you want/need. They become stupid-expensive after 4.0.1 goes live (worth like 185+ Emblems effectively for ONE item). Plan for any new toon you plan to roll in 4.0.3 (New Race/Class Combos) or Cataclysm (Worgen/Goblin). Otherwise.... yeah, not much you can spend it on, if you are THAT banked up. I'd just sink it into gold. at 2800 total emblems, that is 15.6k gold.

If I were you I'd keep the Triumphs and spend all Frosts on Primodial Saronites then sale them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    Converting to conquest doesn't do anything.

Conquests give you 5.5g each.

In 4.0.3 excess points above 4000 will give you 47.5s per point. You get 11.58 points per emblem, 11.58*0.475 = 5.5g
    Indeed if you do the math it will actually wield you around 14000Gold as written in an earlier post more or less if you do nothing. Unless there is a cap on how much gold you can get from the conversion. which i doubt.

The question is do you want "easy" gold from not doing anything, or do you want to compete with gems and primordials on an Auction House which i think will properly get flooded massively with those things when the 4.0 patch hits us.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

ideally the least amount of work for a handsome, albeit not max potential chunk of gold ;]

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Buy BOA item cause the price will go up (if you have plan to lv alt in the future)

No alts planned in the near future ;l

buy gems, as honor for gems vendor will disappear at the same time as every class with arp gems are gonna need a regem(arp gems are changed to crit ones).

hmm' so sit on it like a mother hen or buy gems, choices choices...

Quote Originally Posted by lilhoe View Post
    My thoughts? Don't play WoW so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Ha, i'm a lightweight!

Ok less than an hour until restart... final verdict?! Ahh' sit on em' ftw
    Last edited by lilhoe; 2010-10-12 at 07:05 AM.

Sit on it...
    The prices of Primos and Gems are about to crash.

Or convert to Conquests and have an amount of gold that will be considered very little soon.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Bye bye mana / obsoletemeld, hello focus / viciousness

Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith View Post
    if I'm not mistaken, the cap for Justice points is just 350 frost or triumph
    so I'd spend some on Saronites while they still go for 300g each
    and of course gems before Cata gems are introduced

maybe build your Herald of the Titans/Argent Defender gear sets
    i just want to say i feel sorry for your poor soul, because if you had turned the emblems into conquest you would get 5gold 5 silver per each emblem.... lmfaoooooooo

Deleted
    You'll get a TON of gold for that many emblems. Seriously. These are my maths:
    4000/11,58 ~ 345 emblems is the point conversion cap.
    3100-345 = 2755 is the amount of spill emblems that you will get gold for by mail when the patch lands.
    2755*5,5 = 15152, the amount of gold you'll get for all those emblems.

I don't care if you're already rich or not, but that much gold for just sitting around reaping the fruits of grinding past...
    Gratz, man.

---------- Post added 2010-10-12 at 07:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by coolzone View Post
    i just want to say i feel sorry for your poor soul, because if you had turned the emblems into conquest you would get 5gold 5 silver per each emblem.... lmfaoooooooo
    Just because you had to be rude to him, I'll correct you by pointing out that you don't even need to convert them down. All spill emblems above point soft cap turn into the same amount of gold as conquests.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    Sit on it...
    The prices of Primos and Gems are about to crash.
    How come.. with the increase in need for gems the price would rise..?

Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    You'll get a TON of gold for that many emblems. Seriously. These are my maths:
    4000/11,58 ~ 345 emblems is the point conversion cap.
    3100-345 = 2755 is the amount of spill emblems that you will get gold for by mail when the patch lands.
    2755*5,5 = 15152, the amount of gold you'll get for all those emblems.

I don't care if you're already rich or not, but that much gold for just sitting around reaping the fruits of grinding past...
    Gratz, man.

---------- Post added 2010-10-12 at 07:14 AM ----------

Just because you had to be rude to him, I'll correct you by pointing out that you don't even need to convert them down. All spill emblems above point soft cap turn into the same amount of gold as conquests.
    i wasnt rude i said i felt sorry for him. ty for playing tho