Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'll continue to use the LFD feature. Anyone can heal/tank/dps a heroic when everything goes perfectly, but it's the situations that push you at your role that really make you think outside the box and make you a better player. Now, that's not to say I won't get frustrated but it really depends on your intentions. If you use heroics for the sole purpose of gearing up then grouping with friends or guildmates will always be the better choice however if you want to push yourself - LFD will be the way to go even if the physical gain is less, you may learn something...

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Your categories seem to all have a common thread;

#: You never played during TBC

I actually think that a lot of the Wotlk only players will adapt really well to the new heroics.

Because in general, human beings adapt quite well to a new situation. Yes, no one is the same and everyone is different, but in general, I've noticed that people seem to be adapting better than most people think.

If it were up to a lot of the posters on this forum to decide the reality of the world, a very small amount of people would be able to clear the heroics. But trust me, more people than you think will get through.
    I played a Paladin during TBC. And the main thing I fear, is what my class had to go through in TBC from Heroics.

Lets go back and examine history shale we.

Early TBC, Holy was the only spec that worked. And that was for the First Raid(10man) and heroics.

Also keep in mind, in TBC, Heroics required RAID TANKING GEAR for Protection Paladins.

from 2.1 all the way to 2.4 and on,,, the PROTECTION PALADIN WAS THE WORST TANK IN THE GAME!!! The only role Paladin had for tanking, was a stupid gimmick for fighting TRASH!!! (AOE TANKING LOL)

RET Sucked ASS!!!!,,, No CC for Heroics... Most heroic runners wanted CCers for their group. RET HAD THE WORST DPS AND NO CC to help the Tank. Remember TBC heroics were as hard as Raids.

And unless you were a High Rank in your Guild Back then, you wasnt going to get a Raid spot unless Holy.

And that didnt even last long. Soon Holy was nerfed because of Early TBC (10man Kara OPness) which was SUPER WEAKSAUSE IN THE LARGER RAIDS AFTER KARA!! There was NO REASON OTHER THAN BUFFS,, TO BRING A HOLY PALADIN... YET PEOPLE STILL QQ ABOUT HOLY PALADINS AND THEY CONTINUED TO GET THE NERF BAT!!! BOTH PvP QQ AND LAZY ASS PRIEST/DRUID PvE QQ

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 11:48 AM ----------

Blizzard failed at Balancing TBC's heroics progression.

the order should have been

Normal Dungeons ---> Heroic Dungeons ---->10man Raid---->25raid.

Not
    /-->25raid
    Normal--->10raid---->Heroic--->
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMC89 View Post
    In Vanilla, I was 60 for about 4 or 5 months before I got my first epic, and that's because I had to slowly gear myself up through BRD, LBRS, Dire Maul, Strat, Scholo, then UBRS, before I could even think of doing my first raid. There was a natural progression in difficulty even in the normal dungeons back then, and that's the way it should be.

Progress should be slow. It shouldn't take you less than a day after hitting 85 to be able to do your first heroic. It shouldn't take you a couple of days to kit out in 333 gear. There should be an initial point when you first hit 85 where even thinking about heroics should be suicide - allowing people to just do things when they want rather than when they can really lessens the sense of achievement once it's been done.

Heroics should provide a similar level of difficulty, and certainly a pacing of progression, that raids do, so that the people who don't have either the time or guild to raid can still experience that wonderful feeling of finally overcoming the hurdles you've worked so hard to... erm, hurdle.

Oh, how it would be brilliant for us to get to the first, or even second patch and hardened raiders still find certain heroics a struggle.
    i need to say, its nice what you say, but its pretty much ICC gear < Mount Hyjal/ Vash'jir gear < Deepholm gear < Uldum gear < Twilight Highlands gear < good quest gear, some gems, enchants and etc and some Normal Instance gear < Heroics < First tier or tier before the highest tier right now Raids. < Hightest Tier Raids.
    so when you come in 85, you only need enchants, gems etc for doing HCs pretty much (unless you come in level 85 by grinding mobs). the hard part from this place to HC is within the hc.

---------- Post added 2010-10-16 at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I'm staying way the hell away from pure random LFD until everybody and their grandma outgears them by a few tiers. Guildies/friends only, please.
    hear hear!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in Category A B C and D by what you posted. I hit 70 about 1 month before 3.0 and that was the first time I hit the cap. However, I do think Heroics should be hard. They made WotLK Heroics be where the level 80 normals should be.

Quick answer to those who say "i dont want to end up in a pug with randoms taking 4 hours in instances", get friends - play with said friends - profit