Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Pre-Cataclysm PTR: 100% Speed for all ground mounts

We want people to be able to pick and choose the mount (or mounts) they enjoy using without feeling like they're being penalized. There are a lot of different mounts to choose from and for some people, that mount they got awhile back that was so awesome, lost its luster after that next fast mount came out (source, Via).
    The all 100% ground mounts have been there on the PTR for a while ; it was just confirmed by a blue post.

This is being done for retarded reasons Blizzard ain't bringing to light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Such as...?

Deleted
    This is... so stupid..

good for roleplayers
    or people who just like the simpler mounts

edit: wait, does it scale or they are all 100%? (even for level 20)

Quote Originally Posted by Snore View Post
    This is... so stupid..
    and your reason is?...

I find it good,now i can ride my normaly-looking palomino and not some Death Knight Eye'd Horse

It's a side-effect of the Master Riding change. They're making all mounts scale to riding skill, and so once you earn epic land, all your mounts move up.

It's not a stupid reason at all.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Hermit View Post
    good for roleplayers
    or people who just like the simpler mounts

edit: wait, does it scale or they are all 100%? (even for level 20)
    It scales to your riding skill.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Such as...?
    How should i know. It's just a pattern how everything is simplified and this is no exception. Get your 100% mount as early as possible for maximum enjoyment for early on players? System works great as it is. Plain mounts being 60% whereas 100% are armored. And not getting 100% at low level.

10+ Year Old Account
    How should i know. It's just a pattern how everything is simplified and this is no exception. Get your 100% mount as early as possible for maximum enjoyment for early on players? System works great as it is. Plain mounts being 60% whereas 100% are armored. And not getting 100% at low level.
    Uh...you get 100% at the same level you do now: level 40. Until then it's 60%. So you need to clarify what your problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    It's a side-effect of the Master Riding change. They're making all mounts scale to riding skill, and so once you earn epic land, all your mounts move up.

It's not a stupid reason at all.
    As a matter of fact, this works with basic epic flight, as well. My Snowy Gryphon is currently at 280% on the PTR. Victory.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

I love Blizzard even more now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'see, because of this, I can run around no-fly areas on my epic 100% unpainted mechanostrider.

Gooood times await!
    Varian: Look, I didn't touch your gunship, okay!
    Garrosh: I witnessed, with my eyes, your TESTICLES on my gunship!
    -Argent_Captain

I'm glad they spread out the mounts a bit more. At the moment it'll be 60% land at 20, 100% land at 40 and flight at 60. Ok you can buy epic 280 and 310 speed at 60 is my only gripe, think that 310 should be lvl 85.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

yay! time to get on my normal timber wolf again <3 missed it so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Snore View Post
    This is... so stupid..
    You still use 60% speed mounts on level 80?
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    More important... Will the turtle be 100% speed as well?

15+ Year Old Account
    You misunderstood the video. Those mounts will only be 100% for the toons that have the skill required. You woun't be seeing lvl 20 players going that fast.

OT: That is such a nice tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    More important... Will the turtle be 100% speed as well?
    That would be great. I love that turtle, but I only use it in Dalaran.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

I love this i can finally have a reason to mount my Brewfest ram (the one Unarmored)
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2010-10-09 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Took away the Idea, since it is implented.