Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

What is the intended DPS for Tier 11?

I was wondering if there has been any word or indication of what the intended target DPS is for Tier 11 DPS classes.

I've been watching some Level 85 test-dummy runs and people seem to be doing anything in between 5000 and 10000 DPS with self-buffs only.

Now looking at previous expansion packs, we learned that we can expect player PvE DPS to roughly double throughout the 4 expansion raid-tiers. (350-700 T1-T3, 800-2000 T4-T6.5, 5000-12000 T7-T10)

So, assuming 7000 DPS on a target dummy + 10% for T11 gear + 20% due to raid-buffs puts us at roughly 9000-10000 DPS in a raid-scenario for a fire-mage. Now this will probably double until up to T14, making it around 18000-20000 DPS per DPS specc.

Now HP on the other hand are about 80.000 in current blue gear and GC was quoted estimating clothies would have around 100.000 HP in T14 gear.

This would put the damage/HP ratio at about 1/8 early on in the game and about 1/5 later in the game. Compared with BC, we had a very similar damage/HP ratio (about 1/10 till 1/6). WotLK on the other hand had a ratio of about 1/4 to 1/3...making the PvP ever so bursty. Does this mean we can expect Cata-PvP to be almost like BCs, except without the healer-lameness?

I'd say 6000-7000 after numbers are tweaked.

Then again, asking "for Tier 11" can mean two huge things. Just starting T11 raid content, or fully decked BiS? With that said, 6000-1000 is my guess for the whole tier.

im doing 19k dps on saurfang now.
    ur numbers are false.

what i am wonder is how much health then end tier bosses will have. like cho gall...i wonder how much health we will see him at

OT: my guess is ppl will start at 7k dps in first tier and end with last tier ppl doing an avg. of 20k dps(prob more for the hardcore guys)
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfart View Post
    ur numbers are false.
    30% buff maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithsonian View Post
    YOU ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE CUP?

Everyone knows you should never any liquids, especially around computers. I keep a wetvac and absorbent towels handy in case I ever any liquids. If I ever coffee though, God help me, call 911 because I have more than computer issues.

TL;DR- Always the whole thing in a safe, dry place.

ur numbers are false.
    because every single fight look like saurfang, are short like saurfang and will have a 30% damage bonus.

if people are doing 7k dps on dummies at 85 in t11 there is something wrong, Considering my feral druid and my hunter do that already

I'd assume numbers around 12k in full blues from competant players and 15-18k in t11

Why the hell would you use saurfang as a comparison. Most classes are stand still on it and its a 3-4 minute fight at most. of course your DPS is going to be high.

Yeah. On live, with my Shadow Priest, I can comfortably hold 6.8-7k DPS, self buffed on the HC Dummy. I would expect at least 10k by the time we hit Heroics and T11.

Edit- For clarification
    Last edited by Gemazarus; 2010-10-09 at 04:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

I can do 9k on my moonkin on beta at lvl 80.

I know hit and crit is shit at lvl 85 with greens, but once you have heroic level blues you should be doing 10-11k+ tier 11 13-14k..and each tier after that maybe 1.5k increase.

But who knows until cata is out and we're all in tier 11

Deleted
    ur numbers are false.

30% buff hellllooo!

you guys are forgetting dps doesnt change crazy more like the damage done changes crazy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oweena View Post
    if people are doing 7k dps on dummies at 85 in t11 there is something wrong, Considering my feral druid and my hunter do that already

I'd assume numbers around 12k in full blues from competant players and 15-18k in t11
    Because those are the numbers TB was putting out in his Mage-Guide videos, while testing different speccs and rotations. He averaged around 6500 with an optimal Fire rotation. I added 500 extra DPS due to latency, ergo estimating around 7000 dummy DPS.

I don't know however where other classes are at. I've heard talk of Hunters and Warlocks putting out some pretty retarded numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Razac View Post
    I can do 9k on my moonkin on beta at lvl 80.

I know hit and crit is shit at lvl 85 with greens, but once you have heroic level blues you should be doing 10-11k+ tier 11 13-14k..and each tier after that maybe 1.5k increase.

But who knows until cata is out and we're all in tier 11
    no, people are doing around 7k in blue gear at lvl 85, passing from blue gear to T11 isn't gonna give you 100%more dps, sorry. The game is completely reworded, it's not a linear increase like in the past.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul View Post
    no, people are doing around 7k in blue gear at lvl 85, passing from blue gear to T11 isn't gonna give you 100%more dps, sorry. The game is completely reworded, it's not a linear increase like in the past.
    and yet warlocks and mages are both doing 15kish....
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

Quote Originally Posted by Oweena View Post

Crit and hit in 85 greens/blues is terrible. Right now in wrath, I'd assume you're hitcapped and probably at least 35%+ crit. In cata, crit is lower then 10% for MOST classes, and alot of the greens/blues have little hit on it.
    Last edited by Mindfreakz; 2010-10-09 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Deleted a sentence
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul View Post
    Yeah. Sounds like a good idea, otherwise they'll be needing bosses with billions of HP by the time Cata ends...

I'm not bothered. All part of the dance. As long as I cna do my share, I'll be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

Deleted
    Ehm people who say i'm doing 7k dps on hc dummies now and expect that at 85 they'll do a lot more than that don't consider the scaling of stats and gears..you'll probably do a lot more on lvl 83 hc dummies but not against 88 dummies in T11.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're looking at 25,000 to 30,000.
    Level 85 Illithid Mage.

ur numbers are false.
    Your attempt to sound L337 has failed miserably