Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Hit the nail on the head. You've got one thing off though, Bilgewater isn't run as a government, it's run as a company, so trying to categorize it as a government just doesn't work. By that token, we could call most companies that aren't ruled by stockholders to be totalitarian regimes. :P

Additionally, Loredearon was a hereditary monarchy.
    Yeah, but I see the political world of the Goblins like the Weyland-Utani corporate super power from 'Aliens'. Absolute 'laissez-faire' capitalism. Goblin politics has never been close to democratic. When was the last time you heard of a strike of Goblin unions? That would be lulzy.

And yes OP, the Horde is seeming more and more like a 'Big Brother' totalitarian system. "Hellscream's eyes are upon you.", personality-cult fervour, brutal punishment for dissent (even if that idiot in Stonetalon had it coming!). All qualities found in any reputable dictatorship.
    The Alliance offers no Utopia either.
    In a world full of absolute monarchies and theocracies it is hard not to see a Fascist streak.

(I'm honestly digging the soft Martial Law/Anarchism in Silvermoon at the moment)
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2010-10-09 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    none of the governments say minus the gnomes gov would be acceptable in rl

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Idunno you can call every country waving their flags with pride fascism, but then again, the orcish horde does also help out others instead of killing them.
    Nah, not really. Let me copy + paste from wikipedia:

"Fascists believe that a nation is an organic community that requires strong leadership, singular collective identity, and the will and ability to commit violence and wage war in order to keep the nation strong. They claim that culture is created by the collective national society and its state, that cultural ideas are what give individuals identity, and thus they reject individualism."

"Fascist governments forbid and suppress opposition to the fascist state and the fascist movement. They identify violence and war as actions that create national regeneration, spirit and vitality."

I have to admit that I don't know much about lore in wow. But that sounds a lot like... Orcs?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sl2059 View Post
    The government styles in WoW are:
    Alliance:
    -Gnomergan is Democracy.
    -Darnassus is Elected Council(2 Leaders-Malfurion and Tyrande).
    -Exodar is Theocracy(Based on religion-led by 1 prophet/high priest).
    -Ironforge and Stormwind are Hereditary monarchy under Senatorial supervision(Line of kings supervised by a senate-like council)(the senotarial councils are House of Nobles in Stormwind and Ironforge Senate in Ironforge).
    -Gilneas is Hereditary monarchy.
    *Ironforge will change to Council in Cataclysm,and the council will not be supervised by the Ironforge Senate.
    Horde:
    -Silvermoon is Hereditary monarchy(Although the throne is vacant-a regent is used to fill the throne).
    -Bilgewater is Democracy,but after Gallywix rose to the position of Trade Prince he turned it into a totalitarian government.
    -Undercity is Monarchy.
    -Thunder Bluff is Spiritual hierarchy(Spiritual line of chieftains).
    -Orgrimmar and Darkspear is Tribal chiefdom(Anyone can take the position by challenging the current warchief/chief to a duel).
    Bilgewater Cartel is a сartel Plutocracy I'd say. Also, Darnassus still classifies as theocracy, because both priests and druids are considered, well, priests in a wider sense. Forsaken's got an autocracy - Sylvanas is their lifetime immortal ruler and possesses unlimited authority over her state.
    Last edited by Haven; 2010-10-09 at 08:40 PM.