2.ogre
    3.naga
    4.murlocs
    5.troggs
    lol feel free to add other races or subtract some

---------- Post added 2010-10-10 at 03:26 AM ----------

plus the wind guys from outlands

Deleted
    What might the lore be behind these particular six races? I don't think naga and ethereals have much in common, to be perfectly honest.

Funny you should make this thread, I came up with my personal pick in a similar thread:

Tempoarily faction name though:
    Balance:
    1. Pandaren.
    2. Tuskarr.
    3. Furbolg.
    4. Wolvar.
    5. Gnoll.

The faction kinda speaks for it self, these races live in harmony with the nature and respects it for what it is, some more peaceful and some more warmongerish (is that even a word?), though they are all sort of small in size they are far from pushovers.
    Will probably be renamed "furries" by the haters. :<

Some useful links to races:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Creature
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Species
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Races
    Last edited by Thrall, son of Durotan; 2010-10-10 at 08:40 AM.

They're all neutral? Nagas aren't, but the rest kind of are. Add quillboar for more neutrality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    They're all neutral? Nagas aren't, but the rest kind of are. Add quillboar for more neutrality.
    I'm sure the argument could be made for a rogue band of Naga, similar to how goblins are neutral, but the Bilgewater cartel decided to side.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

the npc faction!

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Would you really play quillboar if you could...?

when Burning Crusade rumours first began to surface I was hoping for a third faction, the Illidari with Blood Elves, Naga, Broken and maybe some demonic races
    but look at how difficult it is to balance the game with just two factions...

There's plenty of neutral factions.

Now if you want playable ones..
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of just throwing out a bunch of (seemingly random) races, why don't you first give us the reason you think there should even be a third faction in the first place. We may actually be able to get a decent discussion out of that. (Though previous experiences with these forums leads me seriously doubt that.)
    “Where books are burned in the end people will burn.”
    -Heinrich Heine

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Lord View Post
    Why don't you first give us the reason you think there should even be a third faction in the first place.
    Maybe cuz neutrals are getting tired of being slaughtered by the horde and alliance ?

3rd faction is interesting, the problems are : lore, territory and races to join

south barrens is up for the taking :P lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall, son of Durotan View Post
    Funny you should make this thread, I came up with my personal pick in a similar thread:

Tempoarily faction name though:
    Balance:
    1. Pandaren. Not this shit again
    2. Tuskarr.
    3. Furbolg. Furbolg are being corrupted and driven insane even if a demon sneezes their way. A terrible choice for a balance faction.
    4. Wolvar. Are we playing the same game ? The wolvar are very aggresive and generally stupid. A fine adition to the horde, imo, not a balance faction
    5. Gnoll. Gnolls are a version of goblins. They are higly opportunistic, with no allegiance to anyone and no respect for anything.

The faction kinda speaks for it self, these races live in harmony with the nature and respects it for what it is, some more peaceful and some more warmongerish (is that even a word?), though they are all sort of small in size they are far from pushovers.
    Will probably be renamed "furries" by the haters. :<

Some useful links to races:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Creature
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Species
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Races
    Fixed

Dude! Can you imagine the CareBears, Seasame Street and Hello Kitty characters being another faction in a game. I'mma be in Stormwind, chillin. Then all of a sudden I'mma see [Stormwind is under attack] look up and see a pink cloud fly over the keep with one of the carebears mimicking George Washingtons stance on the rowboat.
    /squeal. S**t's gonna be so badass!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by backdraft View Post
    Maybe cuz neutrals are getting tired of being slaughtered by the horde and alliance ?

3rd faction is interesting, the problems are : lore, territory and races to join
    Being interesting simple is not enough to launch the massive game overhaul that a third faction would require. Such a revamp would make Cataclysm look like nothing more than a minor patch. For Blizzard to even consider the idea they would need a damn good reason, and "interesting" doesn't even come close.
    -Heinrich Heine

Borg... they chased the dranei spaceship. resistance is futile lol

ok fine, I vote for either ethereal or demons, but that expansions over
    I'd like to see something exotic without it being completely ridiculous centaur dont seem like they could develop into an entire faction, naga could, they looked cool in WC3 but cheesy in wow IMO... ethereal look pretty cool and you could develop them quite a bit. demons are trite but theres a foundation for them atleast. maybe they just need to make a new race since it doesnt make a lot of sense to go retro to BC or wotlk

the only Race that i want in game is Mok'Nathal (with changed model)
    I know my english is not that good ... but i don't care as long as you can understand what i have wrote ^_^

this has been done to death and we always come out at the same conclusion....no we arent going to get a new faction. why because a) there is no need for another faction and b) all the races who arent in horde or alliance arent logical choices for say, talking? communicating in way, hav u seen any of those races except pandaren or naga do this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terradii View Post
    this has been done to death and we always come out at the same conclusion....no we arent going to get a new faction. why because a) there is no need for another faction and b) all the races who arent in horde or alliance arent logical choices for say, talking? communicating in way, hav u seen any of those races except pandaren or naga do this?
    I have to disagree with you in regards to communication. Aside from the Naga and Pandaren we have seen Orges, Kobolds, Troggs, Wolvar, Gorlocs and Centaur speak at one point or another. And keep in mind these are races I only pulled from the top of my head, if someone were to dedicate a fair amount of time to this they could come up with far more races than those I listed.
    -Heinrich Heine

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post
    Fixed
    Leave troll. You have obviously no idea about the lore, I followed the instructions on this thread and you did not.
    Now stop whatever you find funny, because it is obviously not.